The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
12
40%
Conservatives
11
37%
Liberal Democrats
2
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
0
No votes
Green Party
3
10%
Plaid Cymru
0
No votes
Other
1
3%
Planet Hobo
1
3%
 
Total votes: 30

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20199
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 pm
Starmer has Unison's backing now apparently. This might not be the RLB coronation we fear...one can hope.
Bookies have had him way in the lead for quite some time. The momentum lot are obviously going to fight hard to keep hold of the party but a lot of the Corbyn support was more "non-aligned" to use a convenient term and it seems a lot of them have clocked that Corbynism has been firmly rejected and the party needs to come back towards the centre.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20199
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm a bit more hopeful than I was. Will be interesting to see what Starmer does if he gets it. I like him but some of what he's said so far seems a bit off to me. Hopefully it's a campaign thing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:28 pm
I'm a bit more hopeful than I was. Will be interesting to see what Starmer does if he gets it. I like him but some of what he's said so far seems a bit off to me. Hopefully it's a campaign thing.
Not close to as "off" as RLB's no surrender or retreat message that "Corbyn was a 10/10 leader".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20199
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:59 pm

Oh of course but she's fecking useless. If it's her we're doomed anyway.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:59 pm
Oh of course but she's fecking useless. If it's her we're doomed anyway.
Starmer has the sense to know he has to appeal across the board - including to the momentum nutters.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23665
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:28 pm
I'm a bit more hopeful than I was. Will be interesting to see what Starmer does if he gets it. I like him but some of what he's said so far seems a bit off to me. Hopefully it's a campaign thing.
Think the problem for him is, he probably has the centre support but on its own, that's likely not enough to win. So he has to say some things to appease the lunatic fringe and try and pick up votes there too.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:39 pm

Ah, à la Johnson.

The fascist pig!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23665
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:52 pm

We have no idea whether he'll try to do that nor how yet. If it's anything like a la Johnson, then that'll be another one not getting my vote.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:28 pm
I'm a bit more hopeful than I was. Will be interesting to see what Starmer does if he gets it. I like him but some of what he's said so far seems a bit off to me. Hopefully it's a campaign thing.
Think the problem for him is, he probably has the centre support but on its own, that's likely not enough to win. So he has to say some things to appease the lunatic fringe and try and pick up votes there too.
He’s managed to get support of two key former Corbyn advisors to help run his campaign. People with hooks in the left of the party. Seems to me like he’s a clever bloke doing all he can to try and win and steer the party to sensible waters.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Seems to me like he’s a bloke willing to sell his soul for a taste of power.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Seems to me like he’s a bloke willing to sell his soul for a taste of power.
Unlike the bloke who wrote two articles on the EU and decided on the day which would be best for his career prospects? Or who once said he would eat an ID card before producing one but now seems all for them....

Labour just had a leader who put principle over everything, look where it got them. The Tories don’t own any principle they won’t sell. Starmer seems to get that you have to win first before you can worry about the rest.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12881
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 am

I am seriously considering becoming a Republican, well I will if Ginge and cringe don't get any public funding cut off and the title revoked. No security funding either the coppers are needed elsewhere, pay for it yourself D rate soap actress and dopey dick led carrot.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 am
I am seriously considering becoming a Republican, well I will if Ginge and cringe don't get any public funding cut off and the title revoked. No security funding either the coppers are needed elsewhere, pay for it yourself D rate soap actress and dopey dick led carrot.
The problem for me is less about having a royal family but more the people in it. They are vile (mainly). I like Harry and Meghan though - they've got the balls to stand up to the nonsense. I'm not being funny but given she had a successful acting career and was already minted through that it's not like she needed the role or the taxpayer money. And frankly if I was forced to spending time with that lot of bloodsucking vampires I'd want a way out.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7319
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:37 pm

^aye. I'm no royalist but I do quite like Harry and Meghan.

We've been paying for the likes of Edward, Andrew and God knows who else on the civil list to swan through life offering nowt. If we have to cough up for that shower, I dont object to paying for these two as well.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12881
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm

No wonder socialism is not doing well if that's your version of 'successful'. Actress who very few people even knew existed untill she met Harry, played in a soap on Netflix, three small movie parts one of which apparently was 30 seconds as a delivery girl. Simpering no one likes her, oh nothing to do with her me, me, me attitude can anyone be surprised two thirds of people in a poll want all cash cut off?
Harry was okay before he got involved with the girl with form of using and dropping all around her.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8299
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 pm

Yeah get her dumped, dust off the nazi fancy dress uniform and go back to jumping around in fountains with his todge tucked between his legs!
...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8299
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 pm
Yeah get her dumped, dust off the nazi fancy dress uniform and go back to jumping around in fountains with his todge tucked between his legs!
* Correction to avoid legal proceedings - he just had his pants round his ankles in Vegas.
The bit in bold was me. Got confused.
...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20199
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 pm

American divorcee plus British royal and you're not even close to the biggest Nazi story...

I don't have strong feelings either way but Suits was pretty huge tbf.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8299
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 pm
American divorcee plus British royal and you're not even close to the biggest Nazi story...

I don't have strong feelings either way but Suits was pretty huge tbf.
I know and he got governor of Bermuda as 'punishment'. Jammy git.
I reckon Harry will keep the wolf from the door.
...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12881
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:13 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 pm
Yeah get her dumped, dust off the nazi fancy dress uniform and go back to jumping around in fountains with his todge tucked between his legs!
* Correction to avoid legal proceedings - he just had his pants round his ankles in Vegas.
The bit in bold was me. Got confused.
Harry did a lot for armed forces vets the uniform was a mistake I guess and with the scope of youthful indiscretions some on here are prepared to laugh off it hardly registers on the scale, afterall no mass protests about the latest film piss taking the Nazis. Harry was okay before her she had intent on upping her friend circle and making a few bucks, Kardashian style.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests