The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 am

Which could be covered by the 1.2m on the brownfield register? Get your head from up your political ass! They'll be be taking donations direct from Barratts next. Wankers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 29, 2023 6:39 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 am
Which could be covered by the 1.2m on the brownfield register? Get your head from up your political ass! They'll be be taking donations direct from Barratts next. Wankers.
The graphic also claims that we shouldn’t build the required houses on green belt because they wouldn’t be affordable. But magically somehow someone will construct 1.2m social houses on brownfield sites that are more (of considerably more) expensive to develop on?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 29, 2023 9:19 am

You don't get redevelopment grants on greenbelt. You can on brown. The point you consistently miss with the very simplistic and unworkable drench the supply argument is that even if it had any logistical merit as an argument, in practise, the builders are just not going to do that. It's not in their interests.

There isn't a little switch here that you flick on, and all of a sudden £120-£160k lovely homes with a bit of front and back, will appear. Significant green belt release has been going on for years. In Wigan, around 40% of new builds have been on greenbelt. In the South East, I'd think the numbers were much higher. So where are the affordable ones?

The answer is, for the most part, nowhere. No one wants to build them because it doesn't bring in enough profit. Most councils, set a % on any significant development of how many should be affordable (usually 20-25%). So why are they never built? Because there's too many loopholes for developers to say (after they've started work) we can't afford to build those ones any more. They're not economic to build at the current profit margins.

You will not solve any problems concreting over green fields. Significant developments near me that have been built out over the last 5 years or so (talking 700+.) Not one affordable house (by standard definitions under which 80% of affordable aren't affordable) because the developers redid the viability assessment to say their initial guess was wrong. Oh and no infrastructure contributions either. Who could possibly have guessed?

About the dumbest thing we can do right now if give the developer cartel lots of forward visibility around profit maximisation...

Lisa Nandy, who has lots to say about building should know this. Her constituency is in Wigan. But why would she do anything other than support the lie to win votes?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 am

What a lovely day. His totty quits, he quits, his cronies who we can't get shut of before they cark it because they've been "elevated", all come out to support the liar. Now safe for him to show his loyalty by joining Reform and knocking holes out of the shit performance of the party he was in charge of.

It's a thing of beauty

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 am
What a lovely day. His totty quits, he quits, his cronies who we can't get shut of before they cark it because they've been "elevated", all come out to support the liar. Now safe for him to show his loyalty by joining Reform and knocking holes out of the shit performance of the party he was in charge of.

It's a thing of beauty
Meanwhile, only 63 years or so after the second world war ended....

In reality, is Boris any worse than the rest of them and how are his "sins" relevant to government? Show me a good politician and I'll show you an election loser. Every p.m gets to be so on donated campaigns, and the ones claiming to know the answers are the ones to avoid like the plague. They all think "the north" starts where the boat race finishes. Rock on Tommy.... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:06 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

It's a thing of beauty

In reality, is Boris any worse than the rest of them and how are his "sins" relevant to government? Show me a good politician and I'll show you an election loser. Every p.m gets to be so on donated campaigns, and the ones claiming to know the answers are the ones to avoid like the plague. They all think "the north" starts where the boat race finishes. Rock on Tommy.... :oyea:
Yes much worse. Dangerously worse.

A brazen liar is of course relevant to government because someone who can openly directly and repeatedly lie is much more dangerous than the usual spin or misdirection.

A man who conned the country into self harm, delivered self harm then declared it a roaring success. I can’t think of many worse people who exist in this world. He’d have done anything to cling on too. He was never in any way restrained by any sort of conscience or self decency.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:41 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:06 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

It's a thing of beauty

They don't all sanction piss ups during lockdown, the night before the Queen sat in Westminster Abbey on her tod, to bury her husband.

He didn't follow his own laws and guidance, multiple times. At a time he insisted we did. That's how his sins are relevant to government.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:55 pm

Well, that's the swamp partially drained!

Only another 647 plus the entire upper chamber to go.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:55 pm

My missus nearly bled to death post op during COVID. Paramedics on bikes who could stabilise someone they told me was 20/80. I couldn't travel with them because of COVID, they were overloaded in A&E, did a brilliant job. They didn't have enough bandwidth to ring me until 05:00 from around 8 the previous evening.

Then I find out, they spent half their time ignoring their own rules and tried to fob it off as business meetings.

Boris is a self serving c*nt of the highest order.

That's without all the poor sods who lost loved ones to COVID and couldn't have people at the funeral.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:55 pm
My missus nearly bled to death post op during COVID. Paramedics on bikes who could stabilise someone they told me was 20/80. I couldn't travel with them because of COVID, they were overloaded in A&E, did a brilliant job. They didn't have enough bandwidth to ring me until 05:00 from around 8 the previous evening.

Then I find out, they spent half their time ignoring their own rules and tried to fob it off as business meetings.

Boris is a self serving c*nt of the highest order.

That's without all the poor sods who lost loved ones to COVID and couldn't have people at the funeral.
Not just that but he’s spent his whole life thinking that the rules, that normal conventions and procedures simply don’t apply to him.

We’ve seen it more than often enough to know.

The thing that most galls me is they deliberately pray on people phasing out the memories. I remember long term colleagues retiring after 40 years. People I’d worked with daily for a decade or more. And we said our goodbyes on zoom. Never even knowing if any of us would see the offices again.

We all knew what we had to do.

They sully it by suggesting that ‘they only did what was obviously expected’ and try and diminish what we lives through.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:51 pm

This is far from one way. The other, next likely, self serving wankers are fundamentally no different. It isn't the parties that need changing.

As Hobes mentioned, it's the whole fcuking bent system.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:51 pm
This is far from one way. The other, next likely, self serving wankers are fundamentally no different. It isn't the parties that need changing.

I disagree. It’s not even the party or whatever. This is Boris Johnson. Whatever we think of any party or politician nobody has dragged politics in this country down like this man tried to.

Trump. Johnson. Exactly the same.

I don’t agree that everyone else is just as bad. Even within the same party that’s not true.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:47 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

I disagree. It’s not even the party or whatever. This is Boris Johnson. Whatever we think of any party or politician nobody has dragged politics in this country down like this man tried to.

I don’t agree that everyone else is just as bad. Even within the same party that’s not true.
I'll ask you, who is going to chase where the money (real money) is?

I'm not thinking it's Labour.

I'm thinking they're going to pitch the same game with a tweak here and there, and hope the Tory vote tanks..

It's bullahit.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I'm thinking they're going to pitch the same game with a tweak here and there, and hope the Tory vote tanks..

It's bullahit.
It’s a separate issue though. Whatever you think of any politician or past PM none have been as disgusting as Johnson. Whatever the scale he’s absolutely worse than the rest. Like Trump is. These are the absolute pond life.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:58 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It's bullahit.
It’s a separate issue though. Whatever you think of any politician or past PM none have been as disgusting as Johnson. Whatever the scale he’s absolutely worse than the rest. Like Trump is. These are the absolute pond life.
If the only reason you get elected is "I'm slightly less shit than that fcuker, so I'll do" we're into sympathy shag terrority..

Starmer isn't Trump or Johnson, but the only way he wins is "not Tory and we're a bit bored and you couldn't possibly fcuk it up more than they alreday have" Status Quo, shite.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:58 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It's bullahit.
If the only reason you get elected is "I'm slightly less shit than that fcuker, so I'll do" we're into sympathy shag terrority..

Starmer isn't Trump or Johnson, but the only way he wins is "not Tory and we're a bit bored and you couldn't possibly fcuk it up more than they alreday have" Status Quo, shite.
Not sure why you want to have an argument about Labour as we aren’t even discussing them. Sunak is better than Johnson. Let alone owt else.

Im not disagreeing that we need a ‘fundamental change’ it’s just nobody bright, coherent and able can ever define what that would be. Not in real terms. It’s either emperors new clothes that ends up the same. Or some crazy old leftie with some sloganesque nonsense.

The other critical thing is that Johnson and his nonsense got elected. Whatever you want to do stage one is actually being elected…..

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:01 pm

I mention it, only because the next set of self serving wankers, probably ain't going to shift the dial much. Win a bit here, lose a bit there. Pit normal folk against each other. "That bastard's earning £15 an.hour, but I'm getting £10:" All the time' the "super rich" corporations and VHNW individuals are making off. I want a party who will stop that. Labour's "vote for us" pitch? We'll.eotk with them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:05 pm

Some dodgy doings afoot with the tartan terrors north of the border....it seems. :shock:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Let's hope wee nicky, whilst in custody, has to share a cell with an18 stone 6'6 transgender person. After all, it's what she believes in :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:59 pm

Inflation 9%. Interest rates going up. Cost of basics all over the place and they're having a pissing contest as to why Mad Nads didn't get a gong? Shows the people what's important to them..