The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:52 pm

Thought this was hilarious.

Khan's ULEZ

Ultra
Low
English
Zone

:lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:12 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:52 pm
Thought this was hilarious.

Khan's ULEZ

Ultra
Low
English
Zone

Maybe we should set one up on the wanderer...A sort of inner zone where you pay a quid for completely incomprehensible and 10p for an apostrophe offence...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:56 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:44 am
Announcing the birth (yesterday) of the latest family addition, great grandson Theo. Thank you Lord for a safe delivery. :pray:
Congratulations Tango and of course, the parents :oyea:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:19 pm

So there we go. It's now pretty much illegal to protest and the police has absolute power to arrest and detain anybody who is protesting against the Government or Monarchy.

Next step is to ban General Elections, probably.

Suella Braverman is now being taken to Court by human & civil rights law group, Liberty (I have donated my small part to the cause). Won't go anywhere, but we need to sort these c**ts out before we lose the very last of our so called democracy.

Has any country's citizens ever brought a class action law suit against a Government? I quite fancy getting involved.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:21 pm

And the Bank of England respond to people being poorer, by making people poorer. It is a concerted and deliberate effort to ensure as many people as possible lose their homes

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:57 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:56 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:44 am
Announcing the birth (yesterday) of the latest family addition, great grandson Theo. Thank you Lord for a safe delivery. :pray:
Congratulations Tango and of course, the parents :oyea:
Thanks Hobes, and I've moved the post to the correct thread.. :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:50 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:21 pm
And the Bank of England respond to people being poorer, by making people poorer. It is a concerted and deliberate effort to ensure as many people as possible lose their homes
The thing is the Bank of England have been forced into this by the abysmal government who then flail around blaming everybody else.

Truss and the IEA, Sunak, Brexiteers should foot the bill being paid for by millions of homeowners.

But they won’t even admit they were wrong. That’s the thing that most galls me. There is absolutely zero contrition. Even political contrition. None.

You go back and Brown, Major, Clarke et al wore their mistakes - you could see they were at least weighed down by them.

This lot don’t give a flying fck.

That’s the thing when people say ‘Ah but the alternative is no better’ they may not have very good answers but I genuinely think these idiots we have no will happily let us burn so long as they are ok. And I don’t detect a single conscience amongst them.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:21 pm
I think you're being a bit insensitive when Boris' dad and Nadine have had their peerages rejected. But if we must.

It's awful mate and certainly for anyone who bought their house since 2008/9ish when interest rates stopped being a thing. Probably for a lot longer than anyone expected. There was always going to come a point, though.

Experiences in the late 80's early 90's with boom and bust economics when they hit, if memory serves 15%, suggests they'll continue to rise as economics > people.

As ever, both main parties will leave it to captive tax payers and mortgage payers.

Meanwhile, we'll be berated for asking for wage rises to help, as major corporations keep booking record profits...

They say "we've got no money" they're right, because it's sat in those record profits, the "trickle down" should be a flood. So where the fck is it?

They can pass whatever laws they want, but as with poll tax, when enough have had enough, it won't help them...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:41 pm

Nigel Farage - man of the people and non-elite.... "I wrote to the chairman [of Coutts min account £1,000,000] and some lacky rang me back" - what a guiding light he is for non-elites. Can he fcuk off some time soon, like he promised?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:37 pm

Now he's left Coutts he's free to strike out and make deals with banks all over the world. He needs to stop talking Farage down!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:07 pm

Aye, or he could make his own personal bank, free of red tape, with it's own rules... :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:02 pm

I see BoJo has been in the news again... No, not for missing the deadline to handover the WhatsApp messages, but for having yet another child. Frank Alfred Odysseus Johnson.

Carrie remarked "can you guess which name my husband chose" Yes. The serial adulterer by any chance?

Convenient timing of the Huw Edwards 'scandal' too, to sweep yet more Tory scandal under the carpet

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:08 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:02 pm
I see BoJo has been in the news again... No, not for missing the deadline to handover the WhatsApp messages, but for having yet another child. Frank Alfred Odysseus Johnson.

Carrie remarked "can you guess which name my husband chose" Yes. The serial adulterer by any chance?

Convenient timing of the Huw Edwards 'scandal' too, to sweep yet more Tory scandal under the carpet
I think he chose Johnson, because that's where his brain mainly resides...

It would be difficult to do any other news when they're not trying to sweep something under the carpet...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:19 pm

Clever though, calling it FAO Johnson
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:39 pm

LoL. :-)

Now we know that Simon Case is still on WhatsApp, we should all ping him about our peerage. Why someone so fcuking shite at what they do, thinks they're so deserving is cringeworthy. (Not that the place isn't full of them)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:19 pm
Clever though, calling it FAO Johnson

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:37 pm

I have to say I'm rather disbelieving of the notion that the UK Government can't get past a PIN on a phone...I can only assume they don't know where their nearest phone repair shop is or have forgotton about the fact we have a cyber capability at GCHQ....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:37 pm
I have to say I'm rather disbelieving of the notion that the UK Government can't get past a PIN on a phone...I can only assume they don't know where their nearest phone repair shop is or have forgotton about the fact we have a cyber capability at GCHQ....
Isn't the issue that in recent times phones wiped if the wrong PIN was entered too many times as a security measure and that the recovery process involves knowing your email and password - and since this phone was Johnson's personal phone one assumes he might have 'forgotten' those too. Whilst I assumed there had to be a way to bypass this - (the police surely could do I thought?) apparently there is not.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Well it's no wonder Biden doesn't trust us to have a UK based Head of NATO! We can't even unlock a feckin phone!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:19 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:37 pm
Isn't the issue that in recent times phones wiped if the wrong PIN was entered too many times as a security measure and that the recovery process involves knowing your email and password - and since this phone was Johnson's personal phone one assumes he might have 'forgotten' those too. Whilst I assumed there had to be a way to bypass this - (the police surely could do I thought?) apparently there is not.
You can switch off the remote wipe on the management network - it's bollocks. Police can't always manage it, GHQ certainly can.