The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:32 am
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:19 pm
Stinks, the whole thing stinks.
Politics in this country has I suspect been quietly corrupt for donkeys years, there are previous examples and this one, hopefully, will blow it wide open.
There should be huge penalties, including time, plenty of, inside for this, you, I or Joe blogs did it, we get jumped on.
Oh I notice, not for the first time within the Sphere of dark arts, a certain Mr Gove appears to be involved in some way or other.
I hope they throw the book at them.
Politics has always had a ‘bend my ear and I will give you a juicy consultancy role when you’re out of government’ sort of thing to it. Or a ‘in crowd’ favourable thing.

But never before have we seen governments literally just hand their mates contracts without due diligence and then just say ‘ah well we can’t recover the money’ and then pretend to be outraged once the stories reach public consumption inspite of spending years saying ‘nothing to see here’.

These lot are a different breed of disgraceful and the sooner we are rid of this government the better all round, that much is crystal clear. Regardless of what you think of the alternative it is light years better than this.
:pray:

I'd love to see these c*nts rock up in Jail. But their power reaches far and wide. Nothing would ever stick
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:46 am

I'd love to see these c*nts rock up in Jail. But their power reaches far and wide. Nothing would ever stick
Aye, well aye, finding honest options would be like looking for caviar in Joe's Chippy. " There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy" , might well apply to the massive iceberg we only know the tip of. They ( The Bahamas Offshore account and Yacht club society) obviously don't go by "What doth it profit a man (women) if he gains the whole world but suffers the loss of his soul" They will someday....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:21 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:46 am

Aye, well aye, finding honest options would be like looking for caviar in Joe's Chippy. " There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy" , might well apply to the massive iceberg we only know the tip of. They ( The Bahamas Offshore account and Yacht club society) obviously don't go by "What doth it profit a man (women) if he gains the whole world but suffers the loss of his soul" They will someday....
Honestly though no UK government ever has done this before and I don’t think will again. When you say ‘hard to find honest options’ it isn’t hard to find ones who won’t effectively steal 60Bn and counting and then write it off. This isn’t careless or a mistake or poor decisions. This is theft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:10 pm

Honestly though no UK government ever has done this before and I don’t think will again. When you say ‘hard to find honest options’ it isn’t hard to find ones who won’t effectively steal 60Bn and counting and then write it off. This isn’t careless or a mistake or poor decisions. This is theft.
What did I say about tip of the iceberg? This is just one instance that we now know about. .

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:15 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:10 pm

What did I say about tip of the iceberg? This is just one instance that we now know about. .
It’s not one instance it’s a lot of instances. And we know it hasn’t happened before because only this government had the chance to abandon procurement rules within the civil service and then establish a ‘VIP lane’. Under that cover it was a unique situation. Sadly for us we had the worst possible people in charge at the worst possible time.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:03 am

One day, the story of quantative easing will be told. That's on a whole different scale. We did 2 trillion of it, and is largely responsible for the growing wealth inequality.

When you print 2 trillion of free money (interests at record lows), you still mainly distribute it to people who have assets, so those with assets get more assets, whilst at the same time, pushing up the asset values because of the demand. This is more to do with the housing crisis than how many houses we're building. We're not building enough "affordable" ones and when we do, people who need them are beaten on price, past their affordability threshold by someone (including corporate investors) with more cash, who can then rent them to get some other poor fcuk to pay the mortgage off.

That's not a free market. It's one where many don't have access to it

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:29 am

Whenever the Tories get caught with their hands in their pockets, it's always "All politicians are the same" - When Labour feck up, it's "Labour incompetence".

We're a country full of bootlickers

The mad thing is, the crackpots who are always all over social media talking about "the Establishment" trying to poison them with microwaves and claim to hate authority are always the ones who vote for the f*ckin Tory bastards. Mind boggles

I went to school with this girl and I follow her on Instagram for pure entertainment purposes. She's an Anti-Vaxxer, anti-5G, Anti-Immigration, Government is trying to kill us all with Chemtrails type.... Votes conservative as she "hates" Starmer and Corbyn
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:04 pm

I despise labour for a couple of things actually, for starters normal people who live in Bolton saw what the fat controller and his cronies got up to. I served my time in a closed shop union environment and found most of the pig thick headed labour associated shop stewards etc had only their interest in power, not the bloke they were meant to represent. I went to a branch meeting once and was told to shut the .... up or a visit to A&E was on the cards. Labour cared more about folk overseas than in the UK and last election they had a terrorist supporting leader, so that amongst other things (don't get me started on some of their tools sat in parliament) was/is why labour will never get my vote.
Now you reckon that I would rush out and vote Tory after all the flak I've aimed at them, not a chance, they have been the biggest waste of space ever.
May come as a suprise to some but I used to vote liberal until they lost the plot and stuck wrong un's in charge. I voted Tory for one reason, ti get out of the fledgling EU dictatorship and they even fcuked that up.
Next election I and many I know are intending to protest about the lot of tossers by voting reform even if they put a dead pig up for election because it won't make any difference.
Personally I'd dig up Cromwell for all his faults.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:18 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:29 am
Whenever the Tories get caught with their hands in their pockets, it's always "All politicians are the same" - When Labour feck up, it's "Labour incompetence".

We're a country full of bootlickers

The mad thing is, the crackpots who are always all over social media talking about "the Establishment" trying to poison them with microwaves and claim to hate authority are always the ones who vote for the f*ckin Tory bastards. Mind boggles

I went to school with this girl and I follow her on Instagram for pure entertainment purposes. She's an Anti-Vaxxer, anti-5G, Anti-Immigration, Government is trying to kill us all with Chemtrails type.... Votes conservative as she "hates" Starmer and Corbyn
The Matt le Tissier school of nonsense. We should be able to stop these people from procreating.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:42 pm

Just a point. This thread has been running for 15 years or so, has has more than 20;000 posts and we're still no nearer resolution even here than when it started. I'm not politically au-fait enough on the topic to provide an answer, but I wonder just how much it has cost the tax-payer in (salaries, land-titles, knighthoods, dukes, earls, baronets, pay-offs etc) over the years to not know? Just wondering... :|

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:17 pm

Well, that's any respect for King Charles finally buried.

Why on earth is he honouring that total cretin Welsby, the man who sat on the greatest down turn of the Anglican church. A thing to whom politics and migrants mean more than his mission to God?

And this follows Charlie boys jaunts to COPout2whatever, no business being there.

Whatever next? Baroness Greta, daughter of Shrek

The house of skivers, honouring the morons, the upper chamber, the house of the dead needs to be abolished as soon as, no messing about.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:24 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:17 pm

Why on earth is he honouring that total cretin Welsby, the man who sat on the greatest down turn of the Anglican church. A thing to whom politics and migrants mean more than his mission to God?

And this follows Charlie boys jaunts to COPout2whatever, no business being there.

The house of skivers, honouring the morons, the upper chamber, the house of the dead needs to be abolished as soon as, no messing about.

The Monarch granting an honour to the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Whatever next.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:29 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:24 pm
Hoboh wrote:

Whatever next.
Usually sfter retirement, not whilst still in the job.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:37 pm

Been a long while since an AoC has presided over a head of state funeral and crowned a new monarch..

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:29 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Whatever next.
Usually after retirement, not whilst still in the job.
The whole honours list function should have been left back in the sixteenth century when Henry VIII decided he didn't need the Pope or Catholic Monarchs and decided to make his own rules. The Old Boys Club is still alive and well today. :wink:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:53 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:29 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Whatever next.
Usually sfter retirement, not whilst still in the job.

Except in the case of an Archbishop who presides over a coronation.

He's been honoured in the same fashion as serving Archbishop Geoffrey Fisher was in 1953.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:12 pm

At the risk of prompting the old joke Q: "How do you know a Minister is lying?" A: "They're speaking" - does anyone believe anything that Kemi Badenoch says?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Telling good lies is probably a qualification for M.P's.

“Tis all a Chequer-board of nights and days
Where Destiny with men for Pieces plays:".................Omar Khayyam. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:53 pm

If we're heading down that route TD, to our politicians.

"Shut up, you talk too loud,
You don't fit in with the crowd,
I can't believe you exist,
I've crossed you right off my list".............Ian Kilmister. :-)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:37 pm
Been a long while since an AoC has presided over a head of state funeral and crowned a new monarch..
I watched the last coronation in 1953 and the Bolton-Blackpool Cup Final. Not sure for which event we bought our first tv. So I missed the 1952 funeral.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.