The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:37 pm

Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:37 pm
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!
I know and worse just received notification that my gas/electric is estimated to rise by approx £900 during the next year and may possibly rise past that!
If you are one of Greta bedwetters mates don't even think of getting in front of my car.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:11 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:19 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!
I know and worse just received notification that my gas/electric is estimated to rise by approx £900 during the next year and may possibly rise past that!
If you are one of Greta bedwetters mates don't even think of getting in front of my car.
What has your current fossil fuel price got to do with Greta. Surely that's a function of us still consuming fossil fuel....

Power to the windmills....!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:58 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!
I’m not sure she has anything at all to do with petrol prices. Probably blame Putin for most of that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:00 am

See Wanderers have had the good sense to cancel Farage’s event. I do wonder how they ever managed to book it in the first place but thankfully it’s off.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:11 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!
What has your current fossil fuel price got to do with Greta. Surely that's a function of us still consuming fossil fuel....

Heating bills going up due to global fossil prices going up is actually because we're not dependent enough on fossil fuels and is the fault of the people trying to get us to use more renewable energy instead of fossil fuels.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:15 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!

Heating bills going up due to global fossil prices going up is actually because we're not dependent enough on fossil fuels and is the fault of the people trying to get us to use more renewable energy instead of fossil fuels.
Great. As part of breaking the news to me that mine was going up by a telephone number, they offered me a new fixed price deal of £10,274....They kept a straight face about it too!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!

Great. As part of breaking the news to me that mine was going up by a telephone number, they offered me a new fixed price deal of £10,274....They kept a straight face about it too!
So less than £900 a month? :shock: On the flipside I was novated to Shell Energy from green. Not only are they doubling my energy bill they are also not offering me a fixed price rate AT ALL. So much for the competitive market. Wish I could tell them all to just FVCK OFF!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:19 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:18 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Seven. Quid. A. Gallon!

So less than £900 a month? :shock: On the flipside I was novated to Shell Energy from green. Not only are they doubling my energy bill they are also not offering me a fixed price rate AT ALL. So much for the competitive market. Wish I could tell them all to just FVCK OFF!
Same here. Competitive market but no choice of where we get ported to when Green went bust. And then no choice within them on tariffs.

Great.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:01 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:00 am
See Wanderers have had the good sense to cancel Farage’s event. I do wonder how they ever managed to book it in the first place but thankfully it’s off.
Above sounds about right for a cancel culture activist.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:04 am

How the feck can Petrol & Diesel jump to between £1.60 and £1.80 per litre when a barrel of oil is trading at $111. Yet back in 2008 it went up to almost $150 a barrel and petrol & oil was still only around £1 a litre.

I'll be honest, I haven't checked the exchange rate differential, but it can't be out by that much?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:38 am

It is! From about $2 to $1.30 according to someone on the internet. That's not all of it but it's a big chunk I think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:59 am

I think it's good we're taking a stance on this and not allowing us to be supplied oil by a despot...What we should do is talk to Saudi Arabia.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:59 am
I think it's good we're taking a stance on this and not allowing us to be supplied oil by a despot...What we should do is talk to Saudi Arabia.
On those lines.....
We should lock up the environmental loons, drill, frack and dig for coal full speed ahead afterall climate change will be of immense benefit, no more Norfolk (not to be missed) and the biggest prize of All, no more of the place stupid enough to vote for Khan.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:57 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:59 am
On those lines.....
We should lock up the environmental loons, drill, frack and dig for coal full speed ahead afterall climate change will be of immense benefit, no more Norfolk (not to be missed) and the biggest prize of All, no more of the place stupid enough to vote for Khan.
Hang on, in this seller's market, Where's Wee Jimmy with her inexhaustible supplies of North Sea oil? The very stuff that we guffies are hell bent on stealing? The very gunk upon which Scotland's fiscal independence is assured for evermore?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:38 am

Hey, chaps. Remember that £13m I donated. Don't forget I own an aviation fuel business...Any chance you could do me a favour and promote fossil fuels?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:10 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:01 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nah. If Farage wants to spout his bullshit he’s free to do so but just wouldn’t want my football club associated, that has nothing to do with cancel culture. From all we know about Sharon Brittan her values seem diametrically the opposite to Nigel Farages. So it would make sense for the business to not want that association and they are within their rights to avoid that.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:10 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:01 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nah. If Farage wants to spout his bullshit he’s free to do so but just wouldn’t want my football club associated, that has nothing to do with cancel culture. From all we know about Sharon Brittan her values seem diametrically the opposite to Nigel Farages. So it would make sense for the business to not want that association and they are within their rights to avoid that.
So Farrage asking for the people to have a vote on net zero is bad then?
Sounds like some of the losers from the last referendum don't want to be embarrassed again :D

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed May 04, 2022 6:37 pm

I've just been perusing the candidates in the local elections tomorrow and noticed there are candidates from:

Farnworth and Kearsley First

Horwich and Blackrod First

Little Lever and Darcy Lever First

One Kearsley (presumably they have ideological disagreements with Farnworth and Kearsley First​​​​​​​)

Westhoughton First

The Balkanisation of Bolton.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 07, 2022 5:34 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:37 pm
I've just been perusing the candidates in the local elections tomorrow and noticed there are candidates from:

Farnworth and Kearsley First

Horwich and Blackrod First

Little Lever and Darcy Lever First

One Kearsley (presumably they have ideological disagreements with Farnworth and Kearsley First​​​​​​​)

Westhoughton First

The Balkanisation of Bolton.
Farnworth and kearsley first started to get political that's why one kearsley got elected.