The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:48 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am
Good to see the queen hoarding her millions in offshore tax havens. I'm quite relieved as I was very worried what might happen to her and extended hoardes of loafers should you know there be some cuts that affected their estate. Christ they might lose a palace. Heaven forbid.......
Why on earth would she be 'hiding' anything given there is no compulsion for her to pay anything?
Merely keeping things private is nothing to fuss over, you going to publish your tax returns and bank statements on here so all can see and comment on them?
Thought not.
Why is her private estate being invested in offshore tax havens?

She "voluntarily" pays tax, but hides lots of her income to avoid "voluntarily" paying it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 pm
I don't think anyone is claiming he is, but don't let that stop you arguing with yourself again.
I hardly need to argue with myself while you are about, do I?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Priti Patel has 'resigned'

Good
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Good
For somebody who lists Yasser Arafat as your ideological 'idiot' that Good has a whiff of modern day, Corbynista-stylee Labour Party anti-semitism about it...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:48 pm

So, what's the problem with Priti Patel speaking with Israelis? Would there be the same stink had she spoke with Palestinians?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Good
For somebody who lists Yasser Arafat as your ideological 'idiot' that Good has a whiff of modern day, Corbynista-stylee Labour Party anti-semitism about it...
I make no apologies for detesting the treatment of the Palestinian people. You'd have to be a bit of an idiot to confuse that with anti semitism
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:48 pm
So, what's the problem with Priti Patel speaking with Israelis? Would there be the same stink had she spoke with Palestinians?
It's how she's gone about it as much as anything. Secret meetings that her colleagues knew nothing about and then trying to gain development funds for the Israelis to use in the Golan heights.

Ultimately you're right though - there's no chance of any long lasting settlement until talk is conducted with both sides

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:48 pm
It's how she's gone about it as much as anything. Secret meetings that her colleagues knew nothing about and then trying to gain development funds for the Israelis to use in the Golan heights.

Ultimately you're right though - there's no chance of any long lasting settlement until talk is conducted with both sides
I think you should put the period after settlement, Harry, at least in my lifetime.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Aye it's depressing. There's folk on both sides that genuinely want to find a workable solution, but there's also plenty on both that don't. Ultimately, the Israelis have the greater power and more to lose and until a greater number of those want a solution then I can't see a resolution in my lifetime either

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Nigel Farridge, ladies and gentlemen. Not a massive bellend nor nowt!
"The World Health Organisation is just another club of ‘clever people’ who want to bully and tell us what to do. Ignore."
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:29 pm

BlackHairGate... Do sod off.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
I don't think anyone is claiming he is, but don't let that stop you arguing with yourself again.
Well it seems you're in a minority on this one. Not the first time either.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:07 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Not many are saying it's his fault she's in prison, more that his utter lack of diplomacy has made her situation a bit worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like support from the foreign office if I was in a sticky situation abroad rather than the minister blurting out in parliament some throwaway comments that would undermine the case.

That does not equal condoning Iranian law.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:53 pm

jimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:07 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Not many are saying it's his fault she's in prison, more that his utter lack of diplomacy has made her situation a bit worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like support from the foreign office if I was in a sticky situation abroad rather than the minister blurting out in parliament some throwaway comments that would undermine the case.

That does not equal condoning Iranian law.
"sticky situation" - she's in Evin Prison - notorious throughout the world; and was there before Boris opened his gob. Before that she spent eight months in solitary being interrogated by the Revolutionary Guard. Sticky situation! No: She's in deep shit.

"undermine the case" - there is no fxckin case. There never has been a fxckin case.

If I was in a 'sticky situation' rather than a media storm about 'much ado-about nothing', I would rather have hoped that the British Public would have made a stink about 'the case' once it was established that my two-year old child had been blindfolded when 'visiting' her falsely imprisoned mother, and that I'd been subjected to what amounts to torture, and that I had been picked on purely because I'd become a British citizen (which in the words of the slavering Islamic idiots that rule Iran is a member of the coalition of The Great Satan)... Only guess what, the media didn't report it. Until now. And, on advice from the fxckin Foreign Office (not, note, the Minister in charge of it, but the faceless mandarins that run this shit) the 'diplomacy' has consisted of not saying a fxckin word. Because we don't want to upset the Iranians, do we? Well fxck that, they need upsetting. The world should upset the cxnts. And instead of mealy-mouthed bullshit about Boris Johnson making the situation worse, we should have stated from the outset that the situation was fxckin INTOLERABLE.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Well yes, and now it's quite likely to be intolerable for even longer because of that f*cking berk.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Small fat kid :lmfao:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm
Well yes, and now it's quite likely to be intolerable for even longer because of that f*cking berk.
...and yet again an opinion expressed without a single word aimed at the actual dipsticks driving the intolerance. Bravo, defender of freedom 'Prufrock': you stick with the easy targets.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:07 pm

However, now I've absorbed Boris and Supermouse Gove's public ejaculations, and taking into account the complete lack of any official UK statement regarding the Zaghari's innocence; and discovering today that Iran doesn't recognise dual citizenship in law ( a stance I'm 100% comfortable with); I'm more inclined to now doubt her total innocence in this matter: I mean, as somebody who apparently claimed asylum from the country what the fxck was she doing there? There are also (from the bearded Islamic fanatics that rule Iran) plenty of reasons to think she was anti-Iranian, which given the fact she knew that dual citizenship is not recognised there, just increases the feeling of unease in my initial total support for the woman.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

I did wonder if Boris had mistakenly spilt the beans on this one. Journalism/Journalist is usually the first cover story a spy uses.

Anyone remember Farzad Bazoft?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:54 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm
...and yet again an opinion expressed without a single word aimed at the actual dipsticks driving the intolerance. Bravo, defender of freedom 'Prufrock': you stick with the easy targets.
The dipstick I was aiming at was you saying it's nothing to do with Johnson. It's hardly surprising that reply focused on Johnson rather than the Iranians, is it?

For the record, they're a bunch of c*nts too. Doesn't mean Johnson isn't.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.