The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:36 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:43 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:24 pm
He won't face a vote of no confidence yet because I think they know there's more revelations to come.

Also, I think the ERG and the rest of the Brexit supporting MPs suspect if Boris goes, Brexit might go with him.
Brexit has happened. It cannot go.
Our position outside the EU, then.
There is no viable path back to EU membership within the next decade. It’s not happening.
Right, but whether there is or isn't, it's irrelevant if the ERG think Boris' removal might represent the first step towards that process.
I don’t see the logic. The Tory MPs who want Boris gone are the ERG now CRG - Covid research group - it’s laughable, but yeah them. They are more anti Brexit and hardline than Johnson. And the reason they want him gone is because he’s seen as too centrist.

So it’s no longer their fear that there are enough brave one nation Tory MPs in the party to do anything silly like you know stop us flushing our own shite into our waterways. So yeah. They have no fear about that. Their concern will be who their leader would be and what revelations the media might be holding about them too…

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:59 pm

Telegraph (I know!!) going with a story about suitcases of booze at a No.10 party the night before Prince Philip's funeral. Screws really being turned now.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:02 pm

I'm thinking if the reports of 2 parties in No 10, the night before Her Maj had to send her husband off on her tod are true any remaining credibility he's got in a few quarters is gone.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:59 pm
Telegraph (I know!!) going with a story about suitcases of booze at a No.10 party the night before Prince Philip's funeral. Screws really being turned now.
Yes indeed

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:16 pm

Reminds me of the expenses scandal a bit where news just kept being drip fed and drip fed. More to come I think.

Maybe not from the sun tho given the content of that article
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:22 pm

Yeah, I think he's f*cked.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 pm

No! Got it. They weren't party's, they were holding a wake...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 pm
No! Got it. They weren't party's, they were holding a wake...
Wake events?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:02 pm
I'm thinking if the reports of 2 parties in No 10, the night before Her Maj had to send her husband off on her tod are true any remaining credibility he's got in a few quarters is gone.
Credibility in past tense is that worthy?
The bloke is a complete joke thinking anyone would believe his excuses now, time to go but as you eluded to earlier we need to be cautious of who is next (Tipsy Truss for one). Politics STINKS to high heavens (contracts for mates etc) and coming to light, Chinese take aways, knighthoods for the dodgy, the list goes on. Time for a revolution methinks.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am

I've just seen Damien Hind's interview on BBC breakfast as the latest party allegations were put to him. Feck. It was excruciating! I'd not trust some of these blokes to nip to the shops let alone have them in senior cabinet posts.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:36 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:43 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:24 pm
He won't face a vote of no confidence yet because I think they know there's more revelations to come.

Also, I think the ERG and the rest of the Brexit supporting MPs suspect if Boris goes, Brexit might go with him.
Brexit has happened. It cannot go.
Our position outside the EU, then.
There is no viable path back to EU membership within the next decade. It’s not happening.
Right, but whether there is or isn't, it's irrelevant if the ERG think Boris' removal might represent the first step towards that process.
I don’t see the logic. The Tory MPs who want Boris gone are the ERG now CRG - Covid research group - it’s laughable, but yeah them. They are more anti Brexit and hardline than Johnson. And the reason they want him gone is because he’s seen as too centrist.

So it’s no longer their fear that there are enough brave one nation Tory MPs in the party to do anything silly like you know stop us flushing our own shite into our waterways. So yeah. They have no fear about that. Their concern will be who their leader would be and what revelations the media might be holding about them too…

They're disillusioned with him, no doubt, but will be wary of who comes next.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:01 am

He'll survive this latest revelation on account of him supposedly being at Chequers at the time.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:56 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:01 am
He'll survive this latest revelation on account of him supposedly being at Chequers at the time.
He shouldn't. Tone from the top and all that. They work for him.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:06 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:48 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:02 pm
Credibility in past tense is that worthy?
The bloke is a complete joke thinking anyone would believe his excuses now, time to go but as you eluded to earlier we need to be cautious of who is next (Tipsy Truss for one). Politics STINKS to high heavens (contracts for mates etc) and coming to light, Chinese take aways, knighthoods for the dodgy, the list goes on. Time for a revolution methinks.
Credibility. I was referring to the script his Cabinet read from two days back as they rallied round, which should question their judgement too...blah, blah, Sue Grey, blah, blah...

Oh and for me Hobes, he never had any Credibility, but then again I didn't vote for him. You did.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:22 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:01 am
People seem to think that Boris’ survival is contingent on morality or ethics or being able to slither his way around things. But it’s not it’s down to the survival of the Tory party. And as Tory MP Caroline Noakes said on the BBC the other day he either goes now or in a general election after they’ve been defeated. The Tory party are nothing If not United by their own self preservation.

He’s finished. It’s just a question of when they cut his head off.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 am

Yes, I agree. He will be ousted soon. That's been clear for quite a while.

My point is that him being at Chequers is just enough to avoid them having to pull the plug now.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 am

Most powerful man in the country right now, is Leverend look a likey Dominic Cummings.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:48 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 am

My point is that him being at Chequers is just enough to avoid them having to pull the plug now.
I wonder when the first minister will resign over this? Surely they can’t all be happy having to wreck their own reputations defending this shower. I’d be tempted to resign now and then stand a chance of being involved in future governments still with some integrity intact.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:09 pm

They'll all be pottering back to their constituencies for surgeries and then the weekend. Wouldn't surprise me if that tempted one or two to crack.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:18 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:48 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 am

I wonder when the first minister will resign over this? Surely they can’t all be happy having to wreck their own reputations defending this shower. I’d be tempted to resign now and then stand a chance of being involved in future governments still with some integrity intact.

That would involve having confidence they'd be offered ministerial positions under a different leader, though. I think a good number, quite rightly, know they wouldn't.