The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 am
You're quoting Chinese state media? Incredible.

And by "picking up whispers" do you mean "saw that Russia and China didn't oppose UN sanctions?

You're a fantasist.
A few steps up from you then, you ever been right about anything by the way?

The Chinese media are well known to be the mouth piece of the Chinese government, but don't let that get in the way of a pathetic insult Tea boy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am
Prufrock wrote:

And by "picking up whispers" do you mean "saw that Russia and China didn't oppose UN sanctions?

You're a fantasist.

The Chinese media are well known to be the mouth piece of the Chinese government, but don't let that get in the way of a pathetic insult Tea boy.

You have no idea what the Chinese government will do. Claiming you've heard "whispers" is truly one of the most ridiculous things ever posted on this site.

Especially when your "evidence" is state controlled media saying they very much will intervene should the USA attack NK first.

You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing. Best outcome will be one where millions of people DO NOT die. We're a long, long, long way from that being the only possible outcome. And everything in the interim must be done to prevent that. Otherwise what is the bloody point?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:25 pm

I think that makes you a lefty peacenik.

A good nuclear war would sort everything out. If only you could see that.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:25 pm
I think that makes you a lefty peacenik.

A good nuclear war would sort everything out. If only you could see that.
Clear the air too, allegedly.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Trumps a dangerous buffoon but we can't escape that for all the negotiations and diplomacy another very dangerous regime are nearer than ever to having their own nuclear weapons. The US can keep up the dialogue but it's clearly failing.

No sane person wants a nuclear war but that could be more likely if the US don't act now
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm
Trumps a dangerous buffoon but we can't escape that for all the negotiations and diplomacy another very dangerous regime are nearer than ever to having their own nuclear weapons. The US can keep up the dialogue but it's clearly failing.

No sane person wants a nuclear war but that could be more likely if the US don't act now
I'd say, provoking a country who may already have nuclear weapons at this stage, is more likely to bring about Armageddon.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

You have no idea what the Chinese government will do. Claiming you've heard "whispers" is truly one of the most ridiculous things ever posted on this site.

Especially when your "evidence" is state controlled media saying they very much will intervene should the USA attack NK first.

You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing. Best outcome will be one where millions of people DO NOT die. We're a long, long, long way from that being the only possible outcome. And everything in the interim must be done to prevent that. Otherwise what is the bloody point?
You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing
Really?

My 'lust' as you call it is for some megalomaniac fat tw*t not to have a nest egg of nukes with which to browbeat the world with or is this another example of a state run country, just like some of those in South America we should aspire to copy?

Hell, lets open the doors for Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq and anyone else to join the Nuclear club, let's see how long it is before you get your millions of dead then and some.

I'm still waiting for your new mate Corbyn to fly out to Syria and have a chat with ISIS to sort out one problem, maybe he could drop off in Ping Pong with a triple burger and cheese along with a gallon of coke for Kim?

Talk, talk, talk and we are growing ever nearer the point were a complete lunatic who thinks he's a God has his hands on the trigger, worried? You should be, don't forget, that nice Mr Hitler was never going to invade anyone!

Hand wringers talk, just like Nero fiddled as Rome burned, when do we stop talking? Oh I get it, we don't, we carry on talking during the surrender talks.

Instead of denouncing everyone else, why not try giving another version of what to do, it would make a real change.

What I really would like to see is the Chinese take Kim out, but I guess even they are running scared now they let him so far off the leash.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:00 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing
Really?

My 'lust' as you call it is for some megalomaniac fat tw*t not to have a nest egg of nukes with which to browbeat the world with or is this another example of a state run country, just like some of those in South America we should aspire to copy?

Hell, lets open the doors for Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq and anyone else to join the Nuclear club, let's see how long it is before you get your millions of dead then and some.

I'm still waiting for your new mate Corbyn to fly out to Syria and have a chat with ISIS to sort out one problem, maybe he could drop off in Ping Pong with a triple burger and cheese along with a gallon of coke for Kim?

Talk, talk, talk and we are growing ever nearer the point were a complete lunatic who thinks he's a God has his hands on the trigger, worried? You should be, don't forget, that nice Mr Hitler was never going to invade anyone!

Hand wringers talk, just like Nero fiddled as Rome burned, when do we stop talking? Oh I get it, we don't, we carry on talking during the surrender talks.

Instead of denouncing everyone else, why not try giving another version of what to do, it would make a real change.

What I really would like to see is the Chinese take Kim out, but I guess even they are running scared now they let him so far off the leash.
You haven't heard?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 am

China's involvement forcing a climb down?

What a shit state of affairs. Lefty peaceniks again. Ruined a good nuclar war with their wishy washy diplomacy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

Really?

I don't want anyone to have nuclear weapons. I think they are as dangerous in the hand's of Trump as they are in the hands of NK's leaders.

You mention Hitler...he was comfortable with killing millions of people, as you also seem to be.

If the opposite of that is a hand-wringer then, I'll take that tag, happily.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:00 am

You haven't heard?
There are rumours in the general press that Kim has decided the only thing he'd like fried is his chicken, so yeah I've 'heard' something.

Feel better?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:00 am

David killed Golioth not in fair fight, but with a missile. Fact.

There's no such thing as a fair fight, even one on one with no weapons, because somebody will always be bigger, quicker, angrier, greedier for wealth and power or more intent on just proving points. Thus it's always been since slings, bows and arrows, fire, bombs, dirty chemicals, atomic and nuclear push-button missiles increasingly made it all an even more unequal contest. Add in the numbers of "our gang, your gang" members and of course the eternal ultimate weapon, money and it becomes a little clearer why war is still the main threat to world peace ever being more than a Pipe or Cigar dream. The point's been made that deterant by means of threat and reprisal is all that's stopping some meglomaniac nutter from ending it all. It is. Such is the progress of mankind and the futility of hoping for universal solution. The only possible chance we have is in our choice of leaders and decision makers.
......And then you look at North Korea ....

Amen. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

Really?

I don't want anyone to have nuclear weapons. I think they are as dangerous in the hand's of Trump as they are in the hands of NK's leaders.

You mention Hitler...he was comfortable with killing millions of people, as you also seem to be.

If the opposite of that is a hand-wringer then, I'll take that tag, happily.
Actually knobhead maybe more apt for you than handwringer, just where do you think all the nukes are going to go, cease to be invented?
Happy to kill millions? Yeah okay, I suppose it's better than forcing a different lifestyle on everyone except yourself to feel good about your conscience.
You and your ilk will be responsible for the death of millions, give up our nukes and let us be toast at the hands of the Kim types? Speak for yourself mate, not me, I'd rather have my kind of safe space, not yours.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am

This better not be a ruse!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:13 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am
This better not be a ruse!
No, the chickens legit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 am
We sorta made sure that Iraq didn't have any. You've pissed and whinged ever since.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Re Saudi Arabia...

Don't we export billions of pounds worth of arms to them already?

And if they are somebody we should be worrying about, is that such a wise idea?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Pah that hoboh chappie makes things up!

And MSN and the Washington Post follow him :roll:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/bei ... ar-AApUzoc

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm
Re Saudi Arabia...

Don't we export billions of pounds worth of arms to them already?

And if they are somebody we should be worrying about, is that such a wise idea?
A nuclear tipped missile and the temptation of Iran may just be a little bit too much to contain their self.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:54 pm

About 3 lines it, it says it would not stand by if the US initiated first strike.

Have you actually read that article? It only allows for retaliation.