The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

I am certainly no fan of Owen Jones. But I have to reluctantly admit that he's outstanding at exposing the Tories. Here is the perfect example of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hof_xx7MvO4

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm
I am certainly no fan of Owen Jones. But I have to reluctantly admit that he's outstanding at exposing the Tories. Here is the perfect example of that.

And why on earth would anyone believe a word this bell end comes out with?
www.order-order.com/people/owen-jones/

Mind I suppose if anything knocks anyone not of the commie left wing it suits your agenda.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:33 pm

On the subject of labour Muppets, be prepared to add £10-15 on your weekly shop when highbrow Burnham, like Sadass Khan takes his new, non consensual emissions zone to include private vehicles because you can add that for traveling to the supermarket. Greta and her trolls will be wetting themselves.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

And why on earth would anyone believe a word this bell end comes out with?
www.order-order.com/people/owen-jones/

Mind I suppose if anything knocks anyone not of the commie left wing it suits your agenda.
I say again. I don't like him. I don't agree with much of anything he has to say. But watch the video - its not Owen Jones saying anything its the people he interviews saying it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:33 pm
On the subject of labour Muppets, be prepared to add £10-15 on your weekly shop when highbrow Burnham, like Sadass Khan takes his new, non consensual emissions zone to include private vehicles because you can add that for traveling to the supermarket. Greta and her trolls will be wetting themselves.
Highbrow? We're literally on course to destroy humanity potentially as soon as our grandkids generation. You've spent years denying hundreds of thousands of pieces of research - is it really all you've got left to call the response to the disaster 'highbrow'?

Apart from maybe the Trump nutcases there is absolutely no mainstream party in Western Society who doesn't think the climate emergency is real and needs incredibly urgent action. So I'm not sure that makes him 'highbrow'. Perhaps just mainstream. And you know what - because our leaders have left it so late, and because for decades the voices have spread misinformation and lies and tried to discredit a huge swathe of the research community because it didn't suit their lifestyle...we're all going to have to pay a far far higher price in just about every single way possible to try and avert the impending disaster. If some inconvenience to every day life is the only answer to prevent existing landmass being half submerged in water in - 80 years...or even less....then I'm not really sure what choice we've got.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Once upon a time a planet called earth existed. At a certain time this planet was bloody freezing and buried deep, over a mile deep in ice. Now surprisingly, given the non existent humans and their cars, gas boilers and farting cattle it warmed up, the ice melted, oceans increased in depth the landscape changed. This planet has and will continue to warm well after humans depart yet that is the bit the Greta trolls always avoid and side step. Scientific evidence of the rate of the earth warming is new all they can do is guess what the temperature was and how fast it increased because other than sticking their hand on something in the absence of even the basic thermometer, it was the only way something was hot or cold.
Then you go down the route of Solar power in the northern hemisphere with winter and windmills that suffer the wrong kind of wind and high maintenance down time (actually know an engineer who spends more time off shore than on dry land fixing them).
Btw highbrow refers to those perched on Burnhams forehead

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Once upon a time a planet called earth existed. At a certain time this planet was bloody freezing and buried deep, over a mile deep in ice. Now surprisingly, given the non existent humans and their cars, gas boilers and farting cattle it warmed up, the ice melted, oceans increased in depth the landscape changed. This planet has and will continue to warm well after humans depart yet that is the bit the Greta trolls always avoid and side step. Scientific evidence of the rate of the earth warming is new all they can do is guess what the temperature was and how fast it increased because other than sticking their hand on something in the absence of even the basic thermometer, it was the only way something was hot or cold.
Then you go down the route of Solar power in the northern hemisphere with winter and windmills that suffer the wrong kind of wind and high maintenance down time (actually know an engineer who spends more time off shore than on dry land fixing them).
Even kids know that ice ages or their absence are caused by orbital shifts that are periods that last for tens of thousands of years. We're talking observable temperature changes within a SINGLE period. Not - comparing with 10,000 years ago. We're talking about observable temperature changes that ONLY have one variable - CO2.

So don't try that line because it died about a decade ago with even the most hardened right wing conspiracy theorists. Nobody apart from maybe a handful of Trump nutjobs genuinely doesn't believe in man-made climate change.

Its observable and its effects are now being observed too. If you don't care then actually I think that's a fair point to have. But there is no point trying to deny its existence given absolutely nobody is listening anymore.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:05 pm

You are completely correct, fewer and fewer are listening to you and your ilk, because you have the biggest gobs and can stop cars with the odd, rather odd dozen does not mean you are the undisputed majority.
Of cours all this science is true, just like SAGE, another bunch of misfits with their fingers in the till.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:05 pm
You are completely correct, fewer and fewer are listening to you and your ilk, because you have the biggest gobs and can stop cars with the odd, rather odd dozen does not mean you are the undisputed majority.
Of cours all this science is true, just like SAGE, another bunch of misfits with their fingers in the till.
Even Boris takes it seriously. I assume you don’t think I or he are lying down in roads. But let’s be clear nobody is listening or believing the sort of nonsense you are peddling.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Even Boris takes it seriously. I assume you don’t think I or he are lying down in roads. But let’s be clear nobody is listening or believing the sort of nonsense you are peddling.
Like there was no way we were going to vote to leave the EU you mean :lol:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am

:lol: I've seen some odd arguments against the existence of climate change but that Hoboh ^, is a cracker!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:00 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Like there was no way we were going to vote to leave the EU you mean :lol:
What has that got to do with it? Even the idiots who took us out of the EU and have left the country in this unholy mess are today announcing more and more schemes aimed at slowing global warming. Today. So I'm not sure who you think is left to deny climate change with you?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:17 am

I think I'd be quite happy to post my full name, address and telephone number on Twitter and STILL tell Mark Francois that he's an absolute bellend.

HTF does someone confuse terrorism with online trolling? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:52 pm

:D
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am
:lol: I've seen some odd arguments against the existence of climate change but that Hoboh ^, is a cracker!
That was just pointing out some people Harry are always assuming the whole country backs them and those who challenge their view are always the minority. Most politicians and leaders are paying lip service to the loons and it seems quite easy to blur the line to youth the difference between climate and plastic waste in the oceans, which by the way is scandalous.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:02 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:52 pm
:D
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am
That was just pointing out some people Harry are always assuming the whole country backs them and those who challenge their view are always the minority. Most politicians and leaders are paying lip service to the loons and it seems quite easy to blur the line to youth the difference between climate and plastic waste in the oceans, which by the way is scandalous.
Backs who? Politicians are reacting to the reality. You are doing the usual thing of trying to deflect from the issue and matter at hand and point to some people you think others might see undesirable and attach them to said issue.

But that trick sailed a long time ago. Nobody is reacting to people gluing themselves to roads they are reacting to the scientific need to reduce carbon emissions something that hundreds of thousands of pieces of research have demonstrated a need for over nearly half a decade and we've left to the very last minute.

This is like the Tobacco industry collapsing after decades of bogus 'counter-science' to suggest smoking was actually great for you finally imploded. There is no argument anymore on climate change. Its happening. The cause is known. The question is what do we do about it.

The government today are proposing heat pumps - which obviously decarbonise a lot of heating but are practically useless for the majority of houses in this country and far far more expensive the estimated figures. Shouldn't we be investing in far more rapid adoption of electric transport - something that is completely feasible with large investment and taking diesel and petrol cars out could be done quite quickly. Far quicker than converting every house in the UK into cavity wall insulated, under floor heated, fully insulated properties?

That's the debate. How do deal with it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 pm

I must say I'm surprised this thread is quiet, considering the Tories are quite rightly getting a pounding for being a load of thieving, lying, corrupt, cowardly bastards...

Indications even have Labour ahead in opinion polls for the 1st time since the Romans pissed off.

Long may the heat continue until heads roll..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 pm
I must say I'm surprised this thread is quiet, considering the Tories are quite rightly getting a pounding for being a load of thieving, lying, corrupt, cowardly bastards...

Indications even have Labour ahead in opinion polls for the 1st time since the Romans pissed off.

Its too exasperating, predictable and upsetting to comment on! And they'll win again regardless. Like bashing your head against a brick wall.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:38 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Its too exasperating, predictable and upsetting to comment on! And they'll win again regardless. Like bashing your head against a brick wall.
I’m too busy trying to fight their continued efforts at destroying primary care in the UK! Really sick of them in recent months. I hate them so much.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:00 am

There has been over a decade where a labour majority has looked basically unthinkable. I think this is the kind of thing that counts over a period of time to the extent that I now think it's at least a possibility. No more, but still.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:23 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:00 am
There has been over a decade where a labour majority has looked basically unthinkable. I think this is the kind of thing that counts over a period of time to the extent that I now think it's at least a possibility. No more, but still.
Mid term after a string of major crises and scandals Labour are a couple of points ahead.

Not sure a Labour majority will even be possible with boundary changes and swing required.

They were more likely to win in 2015 for me. Even if he couldn’t eat a sandwich. I like Starmer but he hasn’t connected that well and the party is still more keen on arguing with itself than talking to the electorate at least outside of the leadership.