The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:19 pm

Johnson's "apology" - absolutely abject. Lying tw@t.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:37 pm

Oh and whilst we're at it the two illegal VIP Fast Lane contracts awarded >£250m to people because they were a) Liz Truss's advisor or b) my father-in-law is a mate. Rotten to the core.

Led by a man who apparently can't tell the difference between a business meeting and a pi$$-up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:19 pm

I want to say I watched in a state of disbelief, but if anything it was to be expected.

I think The 1922 Committee have pretty much done all they can to force the issue now and it's going to require a vote of no confidence.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:27 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

I want to say I watched in a state of disbelief, but if anything it was to be expected.

I think The 1922 Committee have pretty much done all they can to force the issue now and it's going to require a vote of no confidence.
Aye - suspect they'll now watch how the opinion polls are going! He doesn't strike me as the type who wouldn't push it to a vote - but who knows...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Aye - suspect they'll now watch how the opinion polls are going! He doesn't strike me as the type who wouldn't push it to a vote - but who knows...

And Priti's been on, slapping herself on the back for having cut crimes such as burglary by 30% in the past two years.

That'll be the same period during which most of us have been working from home then?! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

He's been falling out of favour with the public pretty steadily since June, I thought they might be patient until the next lifting of restrictions but this feels like it lowers his ceiling of appeal quite a bit. The next few days of Tory ministers and backbenchers defending that on telly will be tragicomic.

Saw Rishi had a lovely day on the coast though, the same place John Major had his wisdom tooth done maybe :lol:
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

He has the same approval rating as Corbyn in November 2019 in the polls. Labour have considerable leads in all polls also. It’s not something they need wait for.

And that’s all before the last few days of lies.

The Tory party are unfit to govern. There is no other conclusion to be drawn.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:30 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

He has the same approval rating as Corbyn in November 2019 in the polls. Labour have considerable leads in all polls also. It’s not something they need wait for.

I'd disagree to That, it is Johnson and his choice of pals alongside the fake Carrie Antoinette who are not fit to govern, the same as I'd argue love me Rayner And others, Abacus, lady (hate white van man) muck etc. are not fit to form a government either.
Ball is in the court of the Tory mps now.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I'd disagree to That, it is Johnson and his choice of pals alongside the fake Carrie Antoinette who are not fit to govern, the same as I'd argue love me Rayner And others, Abacus, lady (hate white van man) muck etc. are not fit to form a government either.
We could get Liz Truss...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:23 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Sorry the Tories have broken the law. Awarded contracts to their mates. Held illegal parties. Debased our democracy. And baked him and his government to do all of this.

Labour have a good and strong front bench. It’s not even close. Labour aren’t brilliant. But they are without doubt a billion times better than the liars, crooks and charlatans on the other side. And the public right now are for the first time being offered a safe alternative.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:45 pm

Rolling out the cabinet now, to tell us that we don't know the difference between a piss up and a business meeting either...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:45 pm
Rolling out the cabinet now, to tell us that we don't know the difference between a piss up and a business meeting either...
We are in exactly the same position the US were with Trump. Only ours is worse as not only have they lied and corrupted our democracy and tried to systematically turn us into a one party authoritarian state like Trump did, they’ve also stolen our money.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59968037

Even Trump wasn’t that blatant. There is no punishment too harsh for this lot of criminals.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:23 pm
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Sorry the Tories have broken the law. Awarded contracts to their mates. Held illegal parties. Debased our democracy. And baked him and his government to do all of this.

Labour have a good and strong front bench. It’s not even close. Labour aren’t brilliant. But they are without doubt a billion times better than the liars, crooks and charlatans on the other side. And the public right now are for the first time being offered a safe alternative.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:24 pm

He won't face a vote of no confidence yet because I think they know there's more revelations to come.

Also, I think the ERG and the rest of the Brexit supporting MPs suspect if Boris goes, Brexit might go with him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:43 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:24 pm
He won't face a vote of no confidence yet because I think they know there's more revelations to come.

Also, I think the ERG and the rest of the Brexit supporting MPs suspect if Boris goes, Brexit might go with him.
Brexit has happened. It cannot go.

If you want public opinion a huge majority of course think Brexit has gone badly and we were wrong to leave. But even though it’s now just a fact that Brexit was built on utter lies and has taken us backwards to the point of despair there is no route or sense in rejoining the EU and they wouldn’t want us. Certainly not on favourable terms.

So we are stuck with it. And like the sewage it has caused us to pump into our own rivers we are just going to have to eat this massive shit sandwich and leave our kids with the mess to clear up and the bill (currently sitting at 4* the cost of covid and rising) to pay or at least pay a tiny fraction of through great sacrifice.

The fact that the people who spent two years lying about Brexit have spent two years in power lying about everything else shouldn’t be a surprise but of course never underestimate the British public to fall for some petty nationalism and hatred.

We are now in the hands of those in the Tory party even more extreme than the PM and his cohort of criminals. So that’s good. Something to cheer us up.

The only glimmer of light is that there is a real chance they won’t survive this electorally. If they’d just been happy to rob billions of pounds from us whilst lying about it they’d have got away with it too. But they got greedy and wanted some parties in lockdown too. And that has a real chance of being their undoing. Like the martians in war of the worlds, it’s the seemingly smaller unseen stuff that brings you down.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:43 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

Our position outside the EU, then.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

There is no viable path back to EU membership within the next decade. It’s not happening.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

If you want public opinion a huge majority of course think Brexit has gone badly and we were wrong to leave. But even though it’s now just a fact that Brexit was built on utter lies and has taken us backwards to the point of despair there is no route or sense in rejoining the EU and they wouldn’t want us. Certainly not on favourable terms.

So we are stuck with it. And like the sewage it has caused us to pump into our own rivers we are just going to have to eat this massive shit sandwich and leave our kids with the mess to clear up and the bill (currently sitting at 4* the cost of covid and rising) to pay or at least pay a tiny fraction of through great sacrifice.

The fact that the people who spent two years lying about Brexit have spent two years in power lying about everything else shouldn’t be a surprise but of course never underestimate the British public to fall for some petty nationalism and hatred.

We are now in the hands of those in the Tory party even more extreme than the PM and his cohort of criminals. So that’s good. Something to cheer us up.

The only glimmer of light is that there is a real chance they won’t survive this electorally. If they’d just been happy to rob billions of pounds from us whilst lying about it they’d have got away with it too. But they got greedy and wanted some parties in lockdown too. And that has a real chance of being their undoing. Like the martians in war of the worlds, it’s the seemingly smaller unseen stuff that brings you down.
I know, dodgy wars, ww3 on the day of Brexit, supporting middle East terrorism, these politicians want locking up don't They?
Pass the soy sauces there's a good chap.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:53 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

I know, dodgy wars, ww3 on the day of Brexit, supporting middle East terrorism, these politicians want locking up don't They?
Pass the soy sauces there's a good chap.
Look mate if they’d been honest and admitted we be 4 times poorer as a country and individually. See our trade with the rest of the world diminished by a third. Businesses go under. See us forced to send our sewage into our own river system, destroy our farming and fishing industry entirely and have to pay an extra to go on holiday in the future then fine.

But Johnson and I quote promised us ‘the Brexit land of milk and honey’. And I suppose if you like to smear liquid shit on your toast in the morning and live near a ‘fresh water’ source you might consider it a boon.

But they lied. Not even with shame.

And now they’ve spent two years lying about pretty much everything else to the point where some are prepared to be knowingly gaslit about what was and wasn’t a party. Let’s add to that, they’re pushing through legislation that would allow them to reverse court decisions, have somehow managed to avoid the police investigating what seems to be an open and shut case of law breaking including a public admission, have stolen our money and then tried to get one of their own off when they were bang to rights and in effect are turning this country into something not far off Trumps America or dare I say it worse.

I mean the Labour Party takes a lot of blame too for having the only option or alternative to this abomination as fecking Jeremy Corbyn. And Christ what a choice the electorate had.

But still. Even I. Even I. Couldn’t foresee it being this bad. And I always knew giving the Brexit bullshitters any power was disastrous. Though an inevitability of course. But we are where we are. And can only hope sense will prevail. A year ago I said the sense could come from the Tories shifting Johnson and the more sensible and competent ones taking control. But it’s clear that there aren’t any of those in that party. At all. It’s corrupted head to toe. So it will have to be from elsewhere and probably a coalition because Labour can’t win a majority and frankly a coalition is probably for the best.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

There is no viable path back to EU membership within the next decade. It’s not happening.
Right, but whether there is or isn't, it's irrelevant if the ERG think Boris' removal might represent the first step towards that process.