The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 pm
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:11 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:56 pm
He's not half as mad as those loons that travel miles to protest against his visit though.
I concur, Harry.

Wonder if any members from here turned out. :wink:
:lol: aye come on Spotty. Own up!
I'm definitely a loon. But I'm not barmy enough to go and protest against Trump :grin:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:59 am

Speaking of protests that video of the Trump supporter being milkshaked is one of the most depressing things I’ve ever seen.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:12 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:59 am
Speaking of protests that video of the Trump supporter being milkshaked is one of the most depressing things I’ve ever seen.
All genuine protesters carry milkshake and eggs, it's a trademark. If a bunch of 100 of them were arrested and interviewed, how many would say anything sensible or relevant? I'm thinking not many.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:12 pm
jimbo wrote:
All genuine protesters carry milkshake and eggs, it's a trademark. If a bunch of 100 of them were arrested and interviewed, how many would say anything sensible or relevant? I'm thinking not many.
It’s more the absolute hatred and vile from the mob surrounding him rather than the milkshake itself. It’s just depressing how again we’ve got mob action on both sides of the political divide and people feeling it’s justified.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:03 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:46 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:12 pm
jimbo wrote:
It’s more the absolute hatred and vile from the mob surrounding him rather than the milkshake itself. It’s just depressing how again we’ve got mob action on both sides of the political divide and people feeling it’s justified.
I haven't seen this video.

I always condemn those who start violence. But I also always cheer those who confront violence with better violence. I hold my hands up, I'm no Saint.
To be honest, if people can get worked up about 'cultural appropriation', a genetic man with bollocks wearing a dress and called Miss traducing feminists, and a weeny tw@t from Sweden who flies all over the world demanding people not do what she's doing, I don't think us as a species are capable of taking out the animal inside us.
We're fxcked. Get used to it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:03 pm

I haven't seen this video.

I always condemn those who start violence. But I also always cheer those who confront violence with better violence. I hold my hands up, I'm no Saint.
To be honest, if people can get worked up about 'cultural appropriation', a genetic man with bollocks wearing a dress and called Miss traducing feminists, and a weeny tw@t from Sweden who flies all over the world demanding people not do what she's doing, I don't think us as a species are capable of taking out the animal inside us.
We're fxcked. Get used to it.
I'm totally amazed, there's me thinking you were Saint Spots, defender of all good and righteousness. :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 pm

jimbo wrote:

Speaking of protests...

I couldn't help notice the complete lack of footage to accompany all the news reports of anti-Trump protests.

Did the blimp make it's own way there!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:16 pm

jimbo wrote:
I agree but then I saw the later (?) incident where an elderly chap was pushed to the ground for being a Trump supporter. That was just as bad.

My politics are, broadly speaking, left of centre but it appears obvious to me that the media employ a left wing bias when it comes to coverage of demonstrations like this. Farages milk shaking was treated with hilarity on The Last Leg. I'm not sure someone chucking a milkshake over say, Anna Soubry would be covered the same.

It was the same yesterday. If Trump supporters were assaulting Liberals there'd have been greater coverage and condemnation I'm sure.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:36 pm

This is the sort of nincompoop who makes my piss boil:
BARBARA PEGNA of Naunton, Glos.
She has this letter in the Times today:
Sir, I hope that anyone thinking of selecting Boris Johnson as the next Conservative leader will give a thought for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, separated from her daughter and husband since 2016 and still languishing in an Iranian prison due to Johnson's diplomatic intervention.

Where to start? Languishing???
I think you'll find you stupid Cxnt, that Ms Zaghari-Ratcliffe is languishing because the ISLAMIC Republic of Iran under its Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution, the Grand Ayatollah Ali Khomeini decrees it. Absolutely nothing to do with Johnson. Tit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Jesus Christ...
https://news.sky.com/story/michael-gove ... e-11737595

What the fxck has "young, black men" got to do with it?
Another fxcking tit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:41 pm
Jesus Christ...

Another fxcking tit.
Just another band-waggon rolling by to jump on. I've never has much time for anybody who uses "we want to know" and "tell us" as if they speak for the nation if they haven't the balls to say I, and me asking the question. All too easy to be a fifth row stone chucker; the world's full of them...(er, I think) ...... :|

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jesus Christ...

Another fxcking tit.
Just another band-waggon rolling by to jump on. I've never has much time for anybody who uses "we want to know" and "tell us" as if they speak for the nation if they haven't the balls to say I, and me asking the question. All too easy to be a fifth row stone chucker; the world's full of them...(er, I think) ...... :|
I know what you mean.. (er, I think).
A long time ago, over fifty five years ago, I came back home from school to find my father had a letter from an irate headteacher. He asked me what had happened, and I started with "well, Andrew Chappel said that..."
He was fuming and marched me around to Andrew Chappel's house, where he compared notes with Andrew Chappel's father and then dressed me down in front of them both for not standing up for what I believed in and using Andrew Chappel as an excuse.

I've never done it since. Fxck it, if what I believe is wrong then people can tell me, but when I say something, it isn't wishy washy shit other people are peddling. I own it all.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:16 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jesus Christ...

Another fxcking tit.
I know what you mean.. (er, I think).
A long time ago, over fifty five years ago, I came back home from school to find my father had a letter from an irate headteacher. He asked me what had happened, and I started with "well, Andrew Chappel said that..."
He was fuming and marched me around to Andrew Chappel's house, where he compared notes with Andrew Chappel's father and then dressed me down in front of them both for not standing up for what I believed in and using Andrew Chappel as an excuse.

I've never done it since. Fxck it, if what I believe is wrong then people can tell me, but when I say something, it isn't wishy washy shit other people are peddling. I own it all.
Likewise. As a stated male, ex altar-boy straight-as-a-die Christian, with a no-nonsense Irish father who didn't hesitate to clip me around the ears almost daily, I'm not afraid to defend my own views ( I was born and raised right bang in the middle of "The Spake" a tough as they come neighbourhood off Halliwell which probably helped) but would far rather smile and say hello than fall out with anyone now. That said, I either put up or shut up and always will if I feel the need.

Amen.. :lol:

P.S, I just deleted a load of irrelevant personal stuff from my above post. post. :)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 am

LOOKS MORE LIKE A WITCH EVERYDAY

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 am

LOOKS MORE LIKE A WITCH EVERYDAY
Is that Michael Gove? Is that what cocaine does to you???
(Good job I only ever did hash, speed, jimson weed, 'srooms, LSD, peyote, and mescaline I feel).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Fxck Lisa Forbes (I wouldn't even touch her with a barge pole - if you get the meme), but what the fxckity fxck exactly is a "Zionist slave master's agenda"?????
I mean puh-leeze.
She's obviously a thick (there's no doubting that) cxnt (a bit more difficult to be precise there), but surely saying something that offends actually has to Mean Something!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm

This cocaine story and Michael Gove. His rivals are obviously stoking it up but surely the one thing that makes him unelectable is the fact that he's Michael Gove!?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm
This cocaine story and Michael Gove. His rivals are obviously stoking it up but surely the one thing that makes him unelectable is the fact that he's Michael Gove!?

After the stroke he pulled at the previous Tory leadership contest I'd have been amazed if some compromising titbit hadn't crept out this time. One assumes he only went public in an attempt to limit the damage about to be caused by an impending third party revelation.

Or maybe I really am just a crusty old cynic.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 pm

As I parked in a hospital car park this afternoon, Samuel Phillip Gyimah told those of us listening to Radio 4 that he had the 8 signatures required and would be progressing his claim to the Tory leadership.

As I drove out of said car park someone else on Radio 4 told me he had withdrawn from the contest. I was only in there 90 minutes, what could possibly have changed!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Quite. Hated by teachers everywhere and for good reason. The thought of him running the country turns my stomach slightly. That said, if Boris Johnson is the other option suddenly I’m rather liking Theresa May.