The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 pm
As a mate of mine said, can't wait for the Spanish to conquer us. Decent grub, afternoons off and our footballers get to play like Iniesta. What's not to like?

It's almost as if the EU supports it's members interests. What a set of treacherous c*nts....We really are stacked to the rafters with thick-as-f*ck-nuggets.
But we're getting 'our country back'........

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am
Lord Kangana wrote:
As a mate of mine said, can't wait for the Spanish to conquer us. Decent grub, afternoons off and our footballers get to play like Iniesta. What's not to like?

It's almost as if the EU supports it's members interests. What a set of treacherous c*nts....We really are stacked to the rafters with thick-as-f*ck-nuggets.
Unless it escaped your attention insane brain, it is the Spanish playing the dirty dogs over Gibraltar, but hey, don't let that little detail stop you and a few others putting the boot into a small fact we are leaving the fcukin' EU and there is Jack Shit you can do about it.
Either get on board or just fcuk off to live in your beloved EU, its simple enough, you want to live in a German dominated federal organisation fine but the majority of those that could be bothered to vote don't and are getting utterly tired of remoaners wailing away trying to sabotage everything, you are the people holding everything back with your sulks and won't be forgotten over it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am
Lord Kangana wrote:

Unless it escaped your attention insane brain, it is the Spanish playing the dirty dogs over Gibraltar, but hey, don't let that little detail stop you and a few others putting the boot into a small fact we are leaving the fcukin' EU and there is Jack Shit you can do about it.
Either get on board or just fcuk off to live in your beloved EU, its simple enough, you want to live in a German dominated federal organisation fine but the majority of those that could be bothered to vote don't and are getting utterly tired of remoaners wailing away trying to sabotage everything, you are the people holding everything back with your sulks and won't be forgotten over it.
No need to have a meltdown.

All I was pointing out was that the rhetoric that has been used to discuss Gibraltar from the UK side has been horrific. Michael Howard was an embarrassment.

And that given Spain houses the largest British ex-pat community in the world, it might be better to be a little bit more tactful in how we deal with this particular situation.

If the sort of country you want to live in is a nationalistic, jingoistic, isolationist, war mongering, europhobic one then do rock on.

I am as it stands, entirely free to point out how fecking stupid and moronic that is. And Brexit does not mean we have to accept those outdated and frankly embarrassing ideals. And until we are in a dictator state run by Nazis who ban opposing speech, I will continue to air my views on any subject I like. Oh and also, live wherever I like whilst airing them. Thanks.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Perhaps if Hoboh would just point out all the tangible benefits BWFCi will receive from leaving the EU, he might find they're not so far apart after all.

I'm particularly fond of us having our independent judiciary back, for example.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:11 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Don't be daft, they're the enemies of the people.

Do keep up.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:49 am

:wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Perhaps if Hoboh would just point out all the tangible benefits BWFCi will receive from leaving the EU, he might find they're not so far apart after all.

Actually, I'd sack the lot of them, independent my ass, the European way and this 'rights' malarkey is so engrained in our legal system we need wholesale cleansing and removal of the those who are trying to hinder the way forward.
Gina, 'throw up' Millar going to court 'to protect democracy not force stay or cause a delay' (yeah right!!!) takes her case before judges riddled with links to the EU and that is independent? Bollox!
Judges, lawyers, solicitors have for years been expanding their 'closed shop empires' into every nook and cranny of life and it is now time they were reigned in!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 pm
Lord Kangana wrote:

Actually, I'd sack the lot of them, independent my ass, the European way and this 'rights' malarkey is so engrained in our legal system we need wholesale cleansing and removal of the those who are trying to hinder the way forward.
Gina, 'throw up' Millar going to court 'to protect democracy not force stay or cause a delay' (yeah right!!!) takes her case before judges riddled with links to the EU and that is independent? Bollox!
Judges, lawyers, solicitors have for years been expanding their 'closed shop empires' into every nook and cranny of life and it is now time they were reigned in!
Reigned in? Good God! Those lawyers are taking over the monarchy now.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:18 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 pm
Lord Kangana wrote:

Reigned in? Good God! Those lawyers are taking over the monarchy now.
Probably a lawyer who invented auto correct Monty :)
Spelling never was one of my good subjects and I confess to relying upon it :oops:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Interesting thing about Hobes, is he seems to get very angry if someone disagrees with him or has an alternative view or belief set. But also seems very keen on suppression of people who don't share his views.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Paul Dacre told him so via the medium of the Daily Mail.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Gina Miller delayed the exit process by how long, Hobes? Coz in my book, the Government said they'd serve notice by end of March and they have..

I'm delighted to know that the problem with the country is now the envy of the world legal system that we desperately needed back from Brussels.

You couldn't make it up.

Legislation should from here on in be passed in pub vaults and sentences carried out accordingly.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:12 pm
Interesting thing about Hobes, is he seems to get very angry if someone disagrees with him or has an alternative view or belief set. But also seems very keen on suppression of people who don't share his views.
Really????
Actually I am rapidly reaching the point where I cannot decide who actually governs and runs a country, the elected government or the judiciary, police and Facebook/Twitter, none of which can claim to be democratically elected nor answerable to the people.
If the referendum had gone the other way I wouldn't be out flying flags, crying and almost suicidal, nor would I be blaming the younger ones for keeping us in, the snowflakes have enough mental insecurities as it is, I may have had a quip like told you so when the Euro army appeared, the supreme court took its orders from Brussels and the Westminster government took on the appearance of a local council and no matter what people in GB thought the rest overruled it, but there you go.
Are you saying you wish me to post how brilliant what you have said without questioning the content or direction?
I just wonder why you are not sat in the European parliament!

Brilliant post btw.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Really????
Actually I am rapidly reaching the point where I cannot decide who actually governs and runs a country, the elected government or the judiciary, police and Facebook/Twitter, none of which can claim to be democratically elected nor answerable to the people.
If the referendum had gone the other way I wouldn't be out flying flags, crying and almost suicidal, nor would I be blaming the younger ones for keeping us in, the snowflakes have enough mental insecurities as it is, I may have had a quip like told you so when the Euro army appeared, the supreme court took its orders from Brussels and the Westminster government took on the appearance of a local council and no matter what people in GB thought the rest overruled it, but there you go.
Are you saying you wish me to post how brilliant what you have said without questioning the content or direction?

Brilliant post btw.
No, no, no! We want you say how brilliant Worthy is.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:13 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:39 pm
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Really????

Brilliant post btw.
No, no, no! We want you say how brilliant Worthy is.
Worthy is a clever bloke, bit wet behind the ears, but good for a difference of opinion, not quite bish but getting there :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 am

^^ I'll have to try and improve. :-)

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:14 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 am
^^ I'll have to try and improve. :-)

I told you so.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:09 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Really????

Brilliant post btw.
Questioning what I said about what? About being nationalistic, jingoistic, provocative assholes to Spain not being in our best interests?

People will express opinions and continue to do so, just like you will. Some will jar with your own. But you seem bothered that large swathes of people seem to disagree with you. Overly bothered. It is almost like a surprise to you. Remember this, no doubt you will disagree on many things with the 52% who voted to leave alongside yourself. Not everyone voted for the same things. Same as those who voted to remain.

The fact is that Brexit is going ahead. That again doesn't really have all that much bearing on my comments re Spain. Talking about the Falklands and armadas and the like is incendiary nonsense that is absolutely detrimental to our position. And just because we voted to leave, it does NOT translate to waging a war of words with half of Europe.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:34 am

I thought May did well to just laugh it off, making Michael Howard look even more of a tit than he'd managed himself.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:23 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:09 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Really????

Brilliant post btw.
Questioning what I said about what? About being nationalistic, jingoistic, provocative assholes to Spain not being in our best interests?

People will express opinions and continue to do so, just like you will. Some will jar with your own. But you seem bothered that large swathes of people seem to disagree with you. Overly bothered. It is almost like a surprise to you. Remember this, no doubt you will disagree on many things with the 52% who voted to leave alongside yourself. Not everyone voted for the same things. Same as those who voted to remain.

The fact is that Brexit is going ahead. That again doesn't really have all that much bearing on my comments re Spain. Talking about the Falklands and armadas and the like is incendiary nonsense that is absolutely detrimental to our position. And just because we voted to leave, it does NOT translate to waging a war of words with half of Europe.
Why on earth should we just sit back and watch a second rate European nation keep sailing its gunboats into someone else's territorial waters, make political play of a sovereign part of the UK because it suits them to stir up more mischief?
The time is coming to stop being apologists and actually stand up to certain 'other countries' and if that involves sinking a violating gunboat, then tough!
Detrimental to our position? I thought even you had a grasp of the 'macho Spanish' mentality when allowed room to manoeuvre.
I am bothered 'loads' of people don't agree with me? Get real, you and your fellow EU apologists were laughing and telling everyone for a long time before the referendum that leave was a small bunch of swivel eyed loonies who would be a laughing stock after getting their ass spanked in the poll, got that one right didn't you? Now you cry, snivel and blame everything else for losing instead of excepting, you got it wrong, badly wrong.
Jar? Jam.