The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:01 pm

"The blame for that, however, cannot be laid on the door of Mr Johnson. During the Minsk talks, General Sir Richard Shirreff, the former deputy commander of Nato, claimed Britain has been sidelined in the worst crisis in Europe in a half-century. “Where is Britain? Where is Cameron? He is clearly a bit part player. Nobody is taking any notice of him. He is now a foreign policy irrelevance,” charged General Shirreff."
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Meanwhile, in f*cknugget central, the place of birth and birth certificate of Barack Obama is apparently newsworthy.

Why is this newsworthy? Why isn't it just it just greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and a "so what, you small minded c*nt?"?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:Hypothetically speaking....

what happened, if (a gigantic 'if', I know) Corbyn became PM and there was a massive Terror attack in the UK by Daesh / Al Qaeda, or whoever.

Would he and Milne just say "what goes around, comes around"? Or would he pay it right back with double the force?
Nah. He'd film himself on a bus sitting on the floor as a response. That'll put the wind up them. Not only do we have seats on trains sometimes we also have them on buses. But jezza still sits on the floor. Bit like Jesus really. (Cept Jesus didn't throw a hissy fit on YouTube cos he couldn't sit with his missus).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:31 pm

All of which might be preferable to blair and bush's war in Iraq... but maybe you think that was ace and well 'ard of us!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Can someone remind me what the action was that we took against the IRA that was double the force and either changed minds or stopped terror?

Theres some reet shit chatted on here without any reference being made to what actually makes things better for us.

If Martin McGuiness sat smiling in the NI assembley is the price to pay for no killing, then I choose that price over any other every time. If you'd prefer to choose never ending one-upmanship through death and destruction, more fool you.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Can someone remind me what the action was that we took against the IRA that was double the force and either changed minds or stopped terror?

Theres some reet shit chatted on here without any reference being made to what actually makes things better for us.

If Martin McGuiness sat smiling in the NI assembley is the price to pay for no killing, then I choose that price over any other every time. If you'd prefer to choose never ending one-upmanship through death and destruction, more fool you.

I think they are suggesting that responding to terror with a well 'ard gesture is the answer... like... errr... Bloody Sunday - or summat... or the war in Iraq... or shoot-to-kill in Gibralter... maybe... errr...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:37 pm

meanwhile, at the UKIP conference...

(grumpy old men unite!)

and...

phew!!

and... a castle built in the sand.. great idea for the UKIP brochure trying to promote post-Brexit Britain! :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Which one of them doddry owd feckers is Hoboh?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:36 am

So in a poll done by yougov 56% of Corbyn supporters within the LP think he will win the next general election as Labour leader. This is the delusion we are dealing with. I'd bet them all personally my entire worth he won't. I'd be a multi millionaire for sure.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:00 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:So in a poll done by yougov 56% of Corbyn supporters within the LP think he will win the next general election as Labour leader. This is the delusion we are dealing with. I'd bet them all personally my entire worth he won't. I'd be a multi millionaire for sure.
I'd bet you wouldn't.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Jezza, on the subject of peace and disarmament today put forward the following self-observation ".... I've spent my life opposing things ....".

Yep. We know. I suspect that will continue for some time.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Why does Hillary Clinton want to build a 2000 mile wall?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Jezza, on the subject of peace and disarmament today put forward the following self-observation ".... I've spent my life opposing things ....".

Yep. We know. I suspect that will continue for some time.

I think that was a debate about trident... are you a trident fan, Bobo? is that how you'd like us to spend a giant wodge of cash?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:34 pm

thebish wrote:

what happened, if (a gigantic 'if', I know) Corbyn became PM and there was a massive Terror attack in the UK by Daesh / Al Qaeda, or whoever.

Would he and Milne just say "what goes around, comes around"? Or would he pay it right back with double the force?

I see... I guess you'd want us to press Theresa's big red button... or go to war in Iraq... or bomb Syria... or summat... yeah! :oyea:
What a stupid response

I haven't put myself into a position where I could be expected to make that choice.

Do you think he'd have the attitude that we had it coming?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

I see... I guess you'd want us to press Theresa's big red button... or go to war in Iraq... or bomb Syria... or summat... yeah! :oyea:
What a stupid response

I haven't put myself into a position where I could be expected to make that choice.

you said it was hypothetical!! what WOULD you do in the hypothetical scenario that you proposed? what do you mean by "pay back with double the force"? :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

What a stupid response

you said it was hypothetical!! what WOULD you do in the hypothetical scenario that you proposed? what do you mean by "pay back with double the force"? :conf:
I don;t know what I'd do. I'm not a party leader. And you know exactly what double the force would mean. Bush / Blair etc. Why are you such an obnoxious nice person?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 pm

And that's not me advocating retribution before you get your snickers in a twix

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:And that's not me advocating retribution before you get your snickers in a twix

right... i see... so you're having a go at Corbyn for what you imagine his response to your hypothetical scenario would be without being prepared to say what you'd do...

genius! :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:Why does Hillary Clinton want to build a 2000 mile wall?
Go on, why does Hilary Clinton want to build a 2,000 mile wall?
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Why does Hillary Clinton want to build a 2000 mile wall?
Go on, why does Hilary Clinton want to build a 2,000 mile wall?

she doesn't. I suspect boris is parroting Trump. Hilary voted for measures that included 700miles of fencing about 10yrs ago... apparently that's the same as a 2000mile wall...