The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:21 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:50 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:37 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46 am
If anyone needs a bog roll just shout. I've got loads up here 8)
What's the carriage charge?

:D
Depends how big your carriage is. :-)

9am this morning people were wandering out of the local ASDA stacked up with booze, so I nipped in for a couple :D TBH don't drink that much now but I got some in case :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really fussed about booze. Whilst pleasant, it's hardly essential. And given social distancing, supping on your tod isn't much fun.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:37 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
What's the carriage charge?

Whatever Royal Mail charge me to post it :D

Have to say, its amazing how many new customers I seem to have. All the ones that don't shop at the supermarkets on the island have been clearing the shelves in the Coop (only large supermarket on the island), so all the Coop customers are driving up to me. It's a fecking nightmare trying to keep up stocking the shop and make sure there is some left for the locals and elderly. You can bet they'll all be back to filling Tescos bank account when it gets back to normal. I feel sorry for the really small shops as it will be even worse for them not having the buying power.

Stay sensible folks...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:10 pm

I really felt for a young couple I met in Abersoch on Thursday. They'd sunk their life savings into buying a cafe/beach shack business there and were all on course to open on April 1st but are now looking at no income for the foreseeable future. I really admire folk who are prepared to take such risks, mainly because I never could, so I really hope they get through it.

On a more political note - the new chancellor. Coming across like a future leader or just demonstrating how poor the current PM is?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Not actually sure anyone can really be to blame for much in an unpremeditated inter national disaster time such as this, particularly in politics, which had actually no more warning than China did initially, but there'll inevitably be fall guys (and gals)..As I said earlier, it's how people react to it all and in that, they're no different than at any other time. Listening to some of the media hot air questions being huffed and puffed, it all sounds like "we should have listened to Mrs Merkel" or "This is all the fault of that Brexit!" Almost as if they're willing to find it's all really Boris's fault after all.

Incidentally, I had to shake a head at the morning programme choices on T.V. right now A nice selection of exotic daily food choice programmes at a time when folk are fighting over a sliced loaf or a tin of beans in the supermarkets. Rule Britannia.....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 pm

^^ They didn't take much time to blame the unpremeditated inter national global financial meltdown in 2008 on Labour.

Luckily for Boris, they're a set of right wing bastards, so he'll get painted as a hero, the other side of this crisis.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 pm
^^ They didn't take much time to blame the unpremeditated inter national global financial meltdown in 2008 on Labour.

Luckily for Boris, they're a set of right wing bastards, so he'll get painted as a hero, the other side of this crisis.
Brown nose was busy carrying on Bliars deregulation route and more or less letting, very unsocailist like, banks and the financial mob over indulge to the extreme. Crash came they were fcuked.
If this current mess is proving anything it is the market is so shallow and overblown, it really needs more state interference, the money God's will not be forgotten when this is done and dusted.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:20 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Brown nose was busy carrying on Bliars deregulation route and more or less letting, very unsocailist like, banks and the financial mob over indulge to the extreme. Crash came they were fcuked.
If this current mess is proving anything it is the market is so shallow and overblown, it really needs more state interference, the money God's will not be forgotten when this is done and dusted.
They've been under investing in Health as part of policy under Cameron, Osborne, May etc. Since coming into power...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:20 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

They've been under investing in Health as part of policy under Cameron, Osborne, May etc. Since coming into power...
Not surprisingly, I disagree there.

Money in terms of cash to the NHS has been increased year on year yet NHS costs and expenditure has stripped it away for a myriad of reasons, no matter how much any government pumped in, to some it would never be enough.
We have to face some facts that,

1. Expectation of the service is perhaps to high with a growing number of 'treatments' all being clamoured for.

2. There are a growing number of people who should accept some responsibility for their own medical conditions, the obese, drug abusers, alcoholics, smokers etc. The extreme sports people and others should purchase insurance cover.

3. The salaries of a large number of mid to senior managers quite frankly is obscene, more so when time after time the public service is paying first rate salaries for second rate leadership, the stupid amounts of money paid for various contracts borders on criminal.

4. The population of the UK is growing far too fast for the NHS to be effective and the reluctance of some staff to chase money owed legitimately by some overseas clients or even get money upfront first like in other countries is ridiculous.

This current situation with ICU beds is something that should not be, myself I feel that investment into raising the capacity we currently have by at least 50%, even if it is mothballed, is an urgent must do in the not to distant future, a small retainment fee for retired staff to keep up to date with operational knowledge would also help with this.

A&E frankly should be for accident and emergency not for the stupid things people turn up with.

The GP and district nurse side of the health service needs a massive overall, frankly you rather buy a used car from Arthur Daley than visit some GP surgeries.

Yes this takes money but that's where it needs to be use wisely not paying £50 to change a bloody lightbulb.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
MOQ? FCA Harwood (Incoterms 2020)? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Strictly cash up front, though as a goodwill gesture I could provide a square up front :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Strictly cash up front, though as a goodwill gesture I could provide a square up front :)
I'll have it. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I'll have it. :D
Did I mention it's 1 of the 3 plys I'm sending? :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Stay in. But you're ok to walk in the park as long as you observe the 2m guidance. Could they make it any more confusing?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 pm
Stay in. But you're ok to walk in the park as long as you observe the 2m guidance. Could they make it any more confusing?
Agreed, should be stay in and only go out if really necessary. Saw on the news earlier those idiots using the outdoor gyms as a group because the indoor ones were closed, defeating the object or what?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:31 pm

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 pm
Agreed, should be stay in and only go out if really necessary. Saw on the news earlier those idiots using the outdoor gyms as a group because the indoor ones were closed, defeating the object or what?
There are a number of problems with the approach, even if we take the clearly stupid out of the equation - which would be a start. Seeing pictures of packed tube trains this morning and if you look at an "essential" such as shopping, we're seeing queues of people stood next to each other. I'm not sure how you can keep someone 2m away on a tube or in a queue, other than ask them nicely. The way we drive, I've seen cars head into a 2m space at 85 MPH on the motorway - got no chance in a queue, unless it's better managed.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:11 pm

Just practising for my 2024 UK presidential bid..."I'm going to build a wall in the English channel and the French are going to pay for it" - What do folks reckon? I think it's a sure-fire winner.

Now we have control over out waters, should be a piece of piss keeping all these illegals out. Get on with it already.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:11 pm
Just practising for my 2024 UK presidential bid..."I'm going to build a wall in the English channel and the French are going to pay for it" - What do folks reckon? I think it's a sure-fire winner.

Now we have control over out waters, should be a piece of piss keeping all these illegals out. Get on with it already.
The French will only pay for it if you change the name of the channel to La Manche.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:30 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:03 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:11 pm

The French will only pay for it if you change the name of the channel to La Manche.
If they start any of that shenanigans, we'll be calling Calais, Hampshire. By jingo.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Been watching the shenanigans in the USA this evening. Trump sending thugs into counts to try and stop them. Proclaiming victory in Penn when the truth is it’s very much too close to call. Trying to go to court to get votes thrown out.

What’s the difference between this and how the Nazis took control?