those poor Polar Bears - oh wait........LOL

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 am

I think the point is that there may well be a general increase but we don't know if that is something that happens to the Earth anyway. It is the sharpness of the increase in the last 80 years which is taken as the indicator that natural causes alone can't be the reason. The earth gets hotter and colder, the land moves about, the poles flip all manner of thing happends, lord knows what effects these things have.

As for the cows farts or burps, that's still man-made as we're farming them to feed an overpopulated planet. This is one of the vegetarian's campaign points - stop eating meat and replace the cows with crops and you cut down on 'greenhouse gases'.
Last edited by communistworkethic on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:42 am

Its not so much stop eating meat as stop eating Beef. Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Sheep, Goats, Turkeys, Pigs are all more "efficient"(and healthier) sources of protein - that is they require less land and resources to produce the equivlent amount of food. Beef Cattle require an inordinate amount of food to bulk up sufficiently for market, I believe their resources ratio is 1:1 (it may even be in slight deficit), they require vast open spaces (which they lay waste to very quickly because of their feeding method), and require a more "hands on" approach to livestock care. Winter feed is also a problem with them, as they use up a large proportion of the wheat/grain crop.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:49 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Its not so much stop eating meat as stop eating Beef. Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Sheep, Goats, Turkeys, Pigs are all more "efficient"(and healthier) sources of protein - that is they require less land and resources to produce the equivlent amount of food. Beef Cattle require an inordinate amount of food to bulk up sufficiently for market, I believe their resources ratio is 1:1 (it may even be in slight deficit), they require vast open spaces (which they lay waste to very quickly because of their feeding method), and require a more "hands on" approach to livestock care. Winter feed is also a problem with them, as they use up a large proportion of the wheat/grain crop.
So what about drinking milk. Should we stop that too?

You seem to have made no distinction between dairy cattle and beef cattle. How come?

Oh, and they don't lay waste to vast open spaces, due to the land availibility and access to grass being managed under a gradual-release scheme. Winter feed = wheat/grain crop? Where are you getting this from? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:04 am

Whoa there Brucie, this is all verifiable information from such sources as the WHO and the like.

We're not talking just Britain, we're talking places like South America, Africa, North American Plain etc. Cows tend to uproot grass areas, and need vast plains. Sheep/Goats (also producers of dairy produce) can exist in more rugged environments, and tend to 'nibble' grass, moving on and returning when it has regrown.

This is a clearly defined problem to many agencies looking at how we are going to feed the populace of the planet over the next few decades.

And re-reading what I wrote about Beef Cattle suggests you've skim-read that. Does it make you angry? :twisted:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:16 am

I like Beef

Global warming aint going to be a problem before I pop my clogs

= nice fillet swimming in garlic for me tea
Sto ut Serviam

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Whoa there Brucie, this is all verifiable information from such sources as the WHO and the like.
I would be very surprised if Roger Daltrey had anything of interest to add to this debate.

I'll get my coat.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!