Hatton/Malignaggi for cheapskates

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Hatton/Malignaggi for cheapskates

Post by Verbal » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:57 pm

"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:00 am

HANG ON...this was showing prizefighter not 5mins ago, hopefully it is showing the main even later on...only four hours to go eh.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:48 am

Hmm not sure I can stay up, got to leave the house at 6am Monday morning and this would just throw my body clock too far off.

This would never have happened when I was a student.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:58 am

Link is back working now.

Athers, you have failed in this thread.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:54 am

hatton destroyed him, Malignaggi showed up as a little kid. Didn't realise how annoying his voice is - 'I'm better than being stopped', shut up, you got merked and your corner said if you were out there not throwing punches the towel would get thrown in.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:14 am

Uncompetitive as it was, Hatton wasn't doing any damage. If the human punching bag that fought Kirkland on the undercard could last so long, i'm sure Paulie could've managed a round and a half.

Good win for Hatton, albeit against someone who (in his own trainers words) "Couldn't stop traffic with a gun". De La Hoya will probably retire him though.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:29 am

Been a good night of boxing all round right from prizefighter early on to the main event. For once i dont feel quite as robbed by sky box office haha

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:16 am

malignaggi was described by his own trainer as "unable to stop traffic with a shotgun", a nothing puncher with a bit of resilience and nothing more. It really proves little about Hatton who's been poor since the Tszyu fight.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:27 am

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:41 am

communistworkethic wrote:malignaggi was described by his own trainer as "unable to stop traffic with a shotgun", a nothing puncher with a bit of resilience and nothing more. It really proves little about Hatton who's been poor since the Tszyu fight.
Paulie is a good boxer, a former world champ no less, even if he is limited by a frail right hand. I think you have to give Hatton at least some credit. Yes, Malignaggi was poor, but the opening round showed that he is very sleek, quick and has a lightning jab. From round two onwards Hatton didn't give him any room to work with and had Malignaggi ducking. Sure, Paulie didn't exactly have a plan B, but all credit to Hatton for exploiting it.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 pm

While i do give Hatton a resonable amount of credit, it wouldn't have been as one-sided had Malignaggi not been so poor. He looked like he'd given up the fight after a round and couldn't be arsed from then on. He is better than that, but their entire plan seemed to be based around Hatton being slow. When he wasn't, that was game over.

Not sure where he go's now though. He's probably too good for light-welterweight, but not good enough for welterweight.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:53 pm

Verbal wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:malignaggi was described by his own trainer as "unable to stop traffic with a shotgun", a nothing puncher with a bit of resilience and nothing more. It really proves little about Hatton who's been poor since the Tszyu fight.
Paulie is a good boxer, a former world champ no less, even if he is limited by a frail right hand. I think you have to give Hatton at least some credit. Yes, Malignaggi was poor, but the opening round showed that he is very sleek, quick and has a lightning jab. From round two onwards Hatton didn't give him any room to work with and had Malignaggi ducking. Sure, Paulie didn't exactly have a plan B, but all credit to Hatton for exploiting it.
if you only have a jab, you're a shot fighter
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Was very disappointed with Paulie, he's not world class and once he'd dropped rounds and needed a knock-out there was no point him being in the ring because he was never going to stop Ricky.

Just praying that Pac-man beats De La Hoya in two weeks, because otherwise we get a gross mis-match at Wembley (won't stop me from going though).

In regards to Hatton not being 'good enough' for welterweight. I simply don't think that is the case. Hatton is a small light-welterweight and so he is a tiny welterweight. If he wasn't such a fat bastard inbetween fights he'd probably be fighting at lightweight.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Verbal wrote:
if you only have a jab, you're a shot fighter
For fighter who only has a jab, Malignaggi has done very well for himself at light-welterweight (only lost to Cotto as a novice and now Hatton), even if his fights aren't the most spectacular. He's one of the top in the weight, I just think Hatton has improved his speed, jab and boxing brain to cope with last night, instead of rushing in and being picked off which was the worry pre fight. Hatton is head and shoulders above the other light welters atm, though I agree in the sense that if he fights De La Hoya he might get found out at the bigger weight. Pacquiao would be an interesting match though.