Amir Khan - Yes hes back

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Amir Khan - Yes hes back

Post by eddybwfc » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:42 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 59,00.html

Any of you follow Amir??

He executive box is near my seats...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:58 am

It was a good comeback, obviously he'll get no credit for it (short of fighting Prescott again and taking clean shots to the chin and staying upright, he wouldn't have gotten credit whatever he did), but Fagan isn't a bad fighter and he's never been stopped before.

So yeah, nothing really that we didn't already know, but good to see him back nonetheless. Though if he means what he said in his post-match interview about wanting to fight Prescott again next, he's a fecking loon of Audley proportions.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:38 pm

I was very impressed with him, Roach is obviously teaching him something out in California.

Held his hands well, his footwork has improved and looked to work behind the jab and pick his punches rather than wading in like mad.

I think Khan gets a lot of unfair stick, he seems like a nice enough bloke and completely dedicates himself to the sport (unlike a certain Mancunian who looked fat as feck last night after only two weeks off after his last fight).

He has got the ability, but his punch resistance is the huge question mark.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Seen this
Khan told BBC Sport he has been teaching Manny Pacquiao a few tricks, having spent time training with the Filipino superstar in Roach's Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles.

"I was giving Manny tough, tough sparring. He learnt a lot off me as well as me from him."
If you say so mate!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Loyal White wrote:I was very impressed with him, Roach is obviously teaching him something out in California.

Held his hands well, his footwork has improved and looked to work behind the jab and pick his punches rather than wading in like mad.

I think Khan gets a lot of unfair stick, he seems like a nice enough bloke and completely dedicates himself to the sport (unlike a certain Mancunian who looked fat as feck last night after only two weeks off after his last fight).

and which fat manc is a multiple world champion who doesn't drive round in a 6 series bmw knocking pensioners over?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:52 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Loyal White wrote:I was very impressed with him, Roach is obviously teaching him something out in California.

and which fat manc is a multiple world champion who doesn't drive round in a 6 series bmw knocking pensioners over?
But how good could he have been if he had dedicated himself to the sport fully?

His fluctuations in weight are going to catch up with him sooner or later.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 pm

warthog wrote:Khan v Fagan video
Thanks for that, Warty.

On the subject of the amount of stick he gets I'll just say what I tell everyone.

Having met him, albeit once and fairly briefly, I found him to be nothing other than a delightful, charming and quite a witty young man.
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Loyal White wrote:

one loss to the best pound for pound fighter of his generation, hardly terrible is it? I'll wager he achieves more in his career than Khan does.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Loyal White wrote:

one loss to the best pound for pound fighter of his generation, hardly terrible is it? I'll wager he achieves more in his career than Khan does.
Just for the record, if it wasn't for his suspect chin i'd be disagreeing with you.

At the end of the day Hatton though has had a great career and made millions of pounds, but with his ability there is the potential that he could have achieved more - who knows, maybe he could have beat Mayweather?

Just imagine if he spent the first 6/7 weeks of camp working on his technique and skills, rather than concentrating on shifting several stone in weight.