Manchester Congestion Charge

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

masked avenger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by masked avenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote: The main reason though was for the investment, in the midst of reccession the government want to chuck £3 billion quid in the pot, create a possible 10,000 jobs, and although i seldom use it, we would be left with an amazing public transport network - yet the great public said NO!?
Job number forecasts always tend to be wildly exaggerated. I'm sure this was no different

The great public (or most of them) probably didnt see why they had to be bribed into accepting a congestion charge in order to get improved public transport.
We need public investment, because our infrastructure is so backward. We also, now, need it, because we are approaching a recession whose impact needs to be diminished as much as poss. And we need fewer traffic log jams in our cities. All to the good. Pity about the result.
Mayvbe we should start by burning off the shitty white hatched areas on Moss Bank Way

FFs, the wánkers create congestion than ask us to pay to get rid of it

Thank God folk are bright enough to see through it
like thin curtains and a 60 watt bulb?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:20 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote: The main reason though was for the investment, in the midst of reccession the government want to chuck £3 billion quid in the pot, create a possible 10,000 jobs, and although i seldom use it, we would be left with an amazing public transport network - yet the great public said NO!?
Job number forecasts always tend to be wildly exaggerated. I'm sure this was no different

The great public (or most of them) probably didnt see why they had to be bribed into accepting a congestion charge in order to get improved public transport.
We need public investment, because our infrastructure is so backward. We also, now, need it, because we are approaching a recession whose impact needs to be diminished as much as poss. And we need fewer traffic log jams in our cities. All to the good. Pity about the result.
Mayvbe we should start by burning off the shitty white hatched areas on Moss Bank Way

I don't suppose you'd have the first clue as to the reason why they did what they did to Moss Bank Way, do you?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I'd guess it was to slow down cars

Just a complete guess like

And fcuk me did it work
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

I don't suppose you'd have the first clue as to the reason why they did what they did to Moss Bank Way, do you?
To give the thieving Gypsy bastards quicker access to Moss Bank Park car park? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 pm

More to do with the horrendous death of someone.

masked avenger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by masked avenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 pm

racist!!!! They're noble romany types, just trying to live a lifestyle that's different to yours.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:The main reason though was for the investment, in the midst of reccession the government want to chuck £3 billion quid in the pot, create a possible 10,000 jobs, and although i seldom use it, we would be left with an amazing public transport network - yet the great public said NO!?

.... And we need fewer traffic log jams in our cities. All to the good. Pity about the result.
Maybe we should start by burning off the shitty white hatched areas on Moss Bank Way

I don't know whether Capslock does, but I do ... & it's the real reason, as my brother was on Bolton Council at the time they did it ... it was intended to assist (assist, NOT the main reason) vehicles turning right. But the real reason was to actively force people onto public transport. It was exactly as Caps' suggests ... a deliberate attempt to create a traffic snarl-up with the hoped for result being that people decided buses were a better option.

Up & down the country perfectly good dual carraigeways are being made into single lane as part of the modern trend to control freakery. Drive along the old 4 lane (single carraige) Chorley New Road & open your eyes to what's been done.

Next question ?
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:More to do with the horrendous death of someone.
Bullshit. Sam Roberts?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote: Job number forecasts always tend to be wildly exaggerated. I'm sure this was no different

To give the thieving Gypsy bastards quicker access to Moss Bank Park car park? :conf:
Way, way beyond the acceptable, Bruce. Please, please...

In our father's lifetimes there were gas chambers for 'gypsy bastards' ...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 pm

masked avenger wrote:racist!!!! They're noble romany types, just trying to live a lifestyle that's different to yours.
mmmm ... yeah, right.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

masked avenger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by masked avenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 pm

oh dear, someone's never been to crompton lodges

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:41 pm

And still they continue to take the piss!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 pm

C'mon kids

Back to the subject

I know why the hatched areas arrived, Bobo knows, but LK knows better

Go on, date this 'horrendous' death for me

Would they not have bothered if it hadn't been horrendous

You know, maybe a pleasant death would have left us to freely meander on our way to middlebrook
Sto ut Serviam

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:C'mon kids

Back to the subject

I know why the hatched areas arrived, Bobo knows, but LK knows better

Go on, date this 'horrendous' death for me

Would they not have bothered if it hadn't been horrendous

You know, maybe a pleasant death would have left us to freely meander on our way to middlebrook
CAPS - I'm far from sure on causality but this I know - there were two deaths close to the Moss Bank Way - Halliwell Road junction. One was the son of a close friend of mine. The other was a pupil at smithills school. there was a campaign initiated by pupils at smithills school, which my friends were involved in. There were several public meetings, some calling for more drastic action. I'm pretty sure the 30 limit was a response to this. i'm not sure about the hatched areas.

I can't remember the date clearly - mid to late 1980s the deaths, maybe the campaign went on into early 90s.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 pm

On the right lines William, add another death (that of a cyclist)and many, many near misses/injuries on the ring road.

masked avenger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by masked avenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:18 pm

so gypsies caused all those deaths?? I'm with Bruce Rioja then, burn the bastards!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:25 pm

masked avenger wrote:so gypsies caused all those deaths?? I'm with Bruce Rioja then, burn the bastards!
Bruce must be really happy to have company like you.

masked avenger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by masked avenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:32 pm

William the White wrote:
masked avenger wrote:so gypsies caused all those deaths?? I'm with Bruce Rioja then, burn the bastards!

I'm getting the impression you're not the sharpest knife in the hoody. You don't understand the difference between the romany victims of the holocaust and the granny robbing tinkers that sponge off society and leave their detritous strewn post-eviction and then you don't get the tongue in cheek comments which follow them up. Your comments look like those of a wish they were middle class type. Which is it, guardian or independent you get delivered to your 2-up2-down terrace in Daubhill, while you sit on the step drinking an out of a packet capuccino?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 pm

masked avenger wrote:
William the White wrote:

I'm getting the impression you're not the sharpest knife in the hoody. You don't understand the difference between the romany victims of the holocaust and the granny robbing tinkers that sponge off society and leave their detritous strewn post-eviction and then you don't get the tongue in cheek comments which follow them up. Your comments look like those of a wish they were middle class type. Which is it, guardian or independent you get delivered to your 2-up2-down terrace in Daubhill, while you sit on the step drinking an out of a packet capuccino?
nice to have your company. do carry on.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Aye, do carry on, but quickly because this thread just got locked.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?