What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:58 pm
Just had steak and kidney pudding, boiled potatoes with a dash of Lurpak and butter beans, followed by egg custard. Hot tea or cold water will do for me; I gave milk up a couple of years ago. :)
Please, Tango. Why this nation spends sooooo much on Danish butter when our home produced stuff is so superior and so less expensive is utterly beyond me.
I'm going to pick up and drop you off a portion of Castle Dairies Welsh Butter. My treat. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Just had steak and kidney pudding, boiled potatoes with a dash of Lurpak and butter beans, followed by egg custard. Hot tea or cold water will do for me; I gave milk up a couple of years ago. :)
Please, Tango. Why this nation spends sooooo much on Danish butter when our home produced stuff is so superior and so less expensive is utterly beyond me.
I'm going to pick up and drop you off a portion of Castle Dairies Welsh Butter. My treat. ;)
Sounds good to me buddy. Gracias. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Be my pleasure, Fella. :)

Do you prefer the traditional block or the spreadable stuff?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:03 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Be my pleasure, Fella. :)

Do you prefer the traditional block or the spreadable stuff?
Probably spreadable as my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be, but either is fine.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:32 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:01 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Blimey Tango, you must be doing well considering the price of Lurpak these days :shock: :D
Butter was the one that hit me the other day in the shop. Everything else is sort of obviously but not identifiably (I'd defo fail the politician how much is milk question) more expensive but two bastard quid for an own brand butter! Christ alive.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:37 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:32 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Blimey Tango, you must be doing well considering the price of Lurpak these days :shock: :D
Butter was the one that hit me the other day in the shop. Everything else is sort of obviously but not identifiably (I'd defo fail the politician how much is milk question) more expensive but two bastard quid for an own brand butter! Christ alive.
Some suppliers have doubled the price of butter. It's now cheaper for me to buy in artisan butter than mass produced Graham's Scottish butter :roll:

We're 1.79 for branded butter. But, that's because, and I quote a customers exclamation in the shop yesterday "this shop is amazing" :mrgreen:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:19 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:37 am
Prufrock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Some suppliers have doubled the price of butter. It's now cheaper for me to buy in artisan butter than mass produced Graham's Scottish butter :roll:

We're 1.79 for branded butter. But, that's because, and I quote a customers exclamation in the shop yesterday "this shop is amazing" :mrgreen:
6 pack of crisps have gone up massively, we buy organic milk for animal welfare reasons and that’s gone up too. Those are the 2 I’ve really noticed when shopping. I’m very glad I don’t drink alcohol much as I don’t know how people justify spending so much on that! I guess prices of everything are increasing which sucks. Not looking forward to decking 2 out in secondary school uniform, blazers and all, this summer.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:07 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:19 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

6 pack of crisps have gone up massively, we buy organic milk for animal welfare reasons and that’s gone up too. Those are the 2 I’ve really noticed when shopping. I’m very glad I don’t drink alcohol much as I don’t know how people justify spending so much on that! I guess prices of everything are increasing which sucks. Not looking forward to decking 2 out in secondary school uniform, blazers and all, this summer.
Crisps haven't gone up too much here. A few shrinking packs and I've managed to keep the 12 packs the same price. Chicken, butter, milk and bread are all well up. 4 pint milk is up 30p a bottle and that's me cutting my margin to pretty much cover wastage only.

There are some fairly big hikes due later in the summer. Expect bread to rocket up soon.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:17 am

As a (retired) dairy farmer's boy, I do still keep an eye on these things, and I can absolutely assure you that this ridiculous increase is not getting through to the producer. British dairy farmers no longer receive the EU subsidy either, so you can thank Hoboh and his highly flammable flag waving mates.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:57 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:07 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:19 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Crisps haven't gone up too much here. A few shrinking packs and I've managed to keep the 12 packs the same price. Chicken, butter, milk and bread are all well up. 4 pint milk is up 30p a bottle and that's me cutting my margin to pretty much cover wastage only.

There are some fairly big hikes due later in the summer. Expect bread to rocket up soon.
Do you do free delivery to Sussex?!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:17 am
As a (retired) dairy farmer's boy, I do still keep an eye on these things, and I can absolutely assure you that this ridiculous increase is not getting through to the producer. British dairy farmers no longer receive the EU subsidy either, so you can thank Hoboh and his highly flammable flag waving mates.
Aye, farmers are not seeing any of this price rise. It sucks - and their costs are going up way more too. Expecting more and more farmers to give up in the next few years. Buy British meat and dairy everyone!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:15 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 am
Buy British meat and dairy everyone!!
Absolutely 100%. By the way, did you know that the one supermarket chain which supports British agriculture above all others is actually Aldi?
That, and that they also keep a sensational cellar. :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:15 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Absolutely 100%. By the way, did you know that the one supermarket chain which supports British agriculture above all others is actually Aldi?
You remember on the other thread I said we don’t have any shops round here?! Sainsburys or Waitrose are the only 2 choices in HH!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:33 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:57 am

Do you do free delivery to Sussex?!
I'm guessing you haven't read about how much we pay for shipping up here. It usually goes like this...

Spend £50 and get free delivery. Oh, you live north of Glasgow? Never mind you've spent a grand, that'll be £200 delivery :evil:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
You remember on the other thread I said we don’t have any shops round here?! Sainsburys or Waitrose are the only 2 choices in HH!
Think yourself lucky. Here we have the Coop, me or small convenience stores. As a small independent I'm proud to say we're mostly cheaper than the Coop, but the downside for the Islanders is I'm at one end of the island, so too far for many to avoid the Coop. Anything else is 3 hours plus stuck behind camper vans.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Aldi have started stocking an Amarone, for £12!! Fill your trolley, as well as your boots
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Just been back to Dishoom for me dinner. Jeez, absolutely stuffed, but what a lunch it was

Chilli Chicken
Gunpowder Potatoes
Keema
Tandoori Prawns

Beautiful

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:43 pm
Just been back to Dishoom for me dinner. Jeez, absolutely stuffed, but what a lunch it was

Chilli Chicken
Gunpowder Potatoes
Keema
Tandoori Prawns

Beautiful
Aye, it's grand innit? :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:28 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:26 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Chilli Chicken
Gunpowder Potatoes
Keema
Tandoori Prawns

Beautiful
Aye, it's grand innit? :-)
Really is. Still full now!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:30 pm

Seasonal fare as yet. Wife and I have different tastes. Chicken, gravy, apple sauce and chips for me tonight (she's a cooked ham lover) . Love the wife's roast spuds, but we've had those. Done Christmas pud and cream, so strawberries for desert tonight.