What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:22 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 pm
We've just rushed out to Argos because she's decided not at all on a whim that we absolutely *need* one of those Nespresso capsule coffee machines.

Pretty good tbf. I've said if we're doing it we're getting the swanky milk frother too. Couldn't be less Brexit if we tried.
They're fecking awful, wanky environmental disasters...and the coffee tastes soapy. Save yourself some money and self respect and get a bean to cup machine. You'll help the environment and get a better cup of coffee at the same time.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:10 am

You can get bags where you send them back to Nespresso and they recycle them. That's what he stopped us up to now.

There's about 200 different types and the ones so far taste all right to me. Plus it was £50 and it doesn't take up much room. Pay an absolute fortune for one half the size of a London kitchen. I have maybe 2 a week and she's happy.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

Recycling is all very well, but not using the stupid things is a whole lot better.

A bean you cup machine you can control everything and even better, you can get more than a thimble of coffee at a time with proper fresh ground coffee - freshness and grind are the 2 most important factors in a decent coffee.

Whatever you do, don't frequent one of the wanky Nespresso shops. Even worse than an Apple store full of idiots clapping each other for spending a grand on a phone with new features from 4 years ago.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:04 am

It's just a coffee mate. The point I'm bothered about the grind is some way after I've perfected my brewery combining Wainwright's and Tribute into a super beer.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 am

Why the feck would you piss about with a pint of Wainright's? :shock:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am
Recycling is all very well, but not using the stupid things is a whole lot better.

A bean you cup machine you can control everything and even better, you can get more than a thimble of coffee at a time with proper fresh ground coffee - freshness and grind are the 2 most important factors in a decent coffee.

Whatever you do, don't frequent one of the wanky Nespresso shops. Even worse than an Apple store full of idiots clapping each other for spending a grand on a phone with new features from 4 years ago.
Bean to cup coffee machines start at about £300. I've sampled the coffee from a few. Nice. But the smell is the best thing - you only get that from one of those machines. In terms of taste, call me unrefined or whatever, but Nespresso is about as good to me. And costs a lot less, at least initially. And unless you're at home consuming huge amounts of coffee the pods are cheap enough to essentially make it cheaper longer term.

Brands seem to make you angry, but whenever I've been into a nespresso shop they've immediately offered me a free coffee. Which in my book makes them a winner.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 pm

The machine is on offer at the moment, until the end of the week, 50 instead of 90. It comes with a voucher that means you get a free milk frother (RRP 70) when you buy 150 pods (about £50 depending which ones you get). £210 worth of stuff for £100. I had vouchers which paid for the machine too, so only cost us £50 cash.

If you want one of those machines now is the time to get it.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

Bean to cup coffee machines start at about £300. I've sampled the coffee from a few. Nice. But the smell is the best thing - you only get that from one of those machines. In terms of taste, call me unrefined or whatever, but Nespresso is about as good to me. And costs a lot less, at least initially. And unless you're at home consuming huge amounts of coffee the pods are cheap enough to essentially make it cheaper longer term.

Brands seem to make you angry, but whenever I've been into a nespresso shop they've immediately offered me a free coffee. Which in my book makes them a winner.
Try going into their shop in Mall of the Emirates and you'll know why. Bloody awful place. A couple of coffees a day over a few years and you'll save money with a b2c...and get a proper mug full out of it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Sick and tired of our usual food, so I moaned to the missus about it. She of course answered can you do any better?
The real answer to that is No, not usually, or consistently, or affordable prices.
But, I thought, fxck it, so I said yes (three weeks ago).
Tonight is the night.
I bought, from a local farmer, self butchered, prime tenderloin, which I'm going to sear, and fry blue (3 mins), with Jersey Royal pots double fried chips, and a salad drizzled in a unique hand cold pressed Tuscan olive oil (non commercial, present I've kept for a special occasion) and a Traditional proper Balsamic vinegar of Modena (which I bought off Amazon last week for a quarter / only £88 / of the price it should have been because I was their first online customer).
I'm hoping it will be spectacular. But, as I can screw up baked beans on toast, it might be shit.
Fingers xxxxxsd
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 pm

I too felt like a total change tonight. We've had two days of steak and onions from weekend, so I gently simmered a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup and poured it slowly into a room temperatured china bowl. A crust of Warburton's finest, a dash of sea salt and a touch of English White pepper and I was ready. I followed it up with a slice of Soreen Malt bread and a mug of hot tea. Perfect. :wink:

Two hours later I was starving and boiling eggs for egg and tomato sandwiches, :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:14 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm
Sick and tired of our usual food, so I moaned to the missus about it. She of course answered can you do any better?
The real answer to that is No, not usually, or consistently, or affordable prices.
Tonight is the night.
I bought, from a local farmer, self butchered, prime tenderloin, which I'm going to sear, and fry blue (3 mins), with Jersey Royal pots double fried chips, and a salad drizzled in a unique hand cold pressed Tuscan olive oil (non commercial, present I've kept for a special occasion) and a Traditional proper Balsamic vinegar of Modena (which I bought off Amazon last week for a quarter / only £88 / of the price it should have been because I was their first online customer).
I'm hoping it will be spectacular. But, as I can screw up baked beans on toast, it might be shit.
Fingers xxxxxsd
You sound like an M&S Food advert :lol:
Here's a quick failsafe (as long as you don't let it boil dry!):

Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of chick peas
Savoy cabbage chopped to taste (handful or 2)
1 chicken stock pot
2-3 cooking chorizo sausages (chopped and skin removed)
Chilli flakes, salt pepper

Chuck it all in a pan and add water (fill the tomatoes tin) and simmer until cabbage is cooked through. Season to taste. Serves 2 and is a great with some good bread. Takes less than 10 minutes start to finish.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:14 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tonight is the night.
Fingers xxxxxsd

Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of chick peas
1 chicken stock pot

Chuck it all in a pan and add water (fill the tomatoes tin) and simmer until cabbage is cooked through. Season to taste. Serves 2 and is a great with some good bread. Takes less than 10 minutes start to finish.
I felt like an M&S food ad. :D
It worked well mind you. Nice tucker, if I say so myself.
Tonight I'm going for Tango's Heinz cream of tomato soup recipe, but double the quantity...
I'll pass on yours though, not a fan of chorizo (I do like cabbage mind)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:29 pm

A place called Bundobust in Manchester tonight - Doesn't really look my cup of tea, but I've heard good things

Anyone been?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:12 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:14 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tonight is the night.
Fingers xxxxxsd

Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of chick peas
1 chicken stock pot

I felt like an M&S food ad. :D
It worked well mind you. Nice tucker, if I say so myself.
Tonight I'm going for Tango's Heinz cream of tomato soup recipe, but double the quantity...
I'll pass on yours though, not a fan of chorizo (I do like cabbage mind)
The Chorizo flavours the soup/sauce and cooking chorizo is way better than the cured stuff. If you can get the mexican stuff then even better. Another easy one is roast some veggies cut to bite sized in decent olive oil, separately grill some streaky bacon. Cut the bacon into bite size. Toss the veggies and juices, with bacon, with some cooked tagliatelle (sp?). Bit of parmesan and fresh pepper and Bob's yer uncle.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Is them bacon bits called cordons? or something like that: curdons, (not crutons, that's bread, I know that), cardons????, crepins??????

Unlike chorizo, I like bacon. Might give that a go, (if I'm ever delegated/assuming cooking duties ever again).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Speaking of bacon, it's two of Asda's Chicken and Bacon bakes tonight with a pile of butterbeans. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Lardons

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 pm

I think he just called you a fat bastard Spotty Image

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 pm
I think he just called you a fat bastard Spotty Image
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Was i pulled then, hook line and sinker?