What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:07 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Verbal wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Verbal wrote:Off to leicester square. Gawd knows what I'm eating but the culinary delights around there should provide ample nourishment.
Went to a mexican place called Chiquitos in the end, next to the cinema. Had a chorizo salad with chicken, absolutely delicious it was.

Also, next time you go to a mexican restaurant, ask if they serve a beer called Desperados. It wasn't on the menu in our place but they served it anyway, yet it is surely the finest beer man has tasted.
Little bit sweet and sickly for me, Tequila shots in a lager should be never be allowed! :wink:

Chiquita is a chain, pretty much all over the UK now, I believe it's okay
Pah! :wink: Well, I usually drink cider and find lager a bit tasteless tbh. The twist of tequila made it so smooth though.

Aye, would recommend Chiquitos to anyone. My mate had a burger made up of a pound of meat :shock: he is an aboslute giant though, so probably a light snack to him.
Mmmmm Beef Chimichangas. There was a Chiquitos in Enfield for a little while, now replaced with a Krispy Kreme doughnut factory.

I take it the one you went to was right on the corner of Leicester Square, on the same side as the Odeon? Ate there at Christmas. Good food.
Twas indeed. We didn't know but at the time it was the premiere of The Young Victoria. Lingered around outside the cinema trying to find any stars, but to no avail.

But back to the food...very good food. Certainly the best Mexican restaurant I've visited anywho.

Tonight: turkey breast with salad, consisting of lettuce, red onion, sweetcorn, sliced carrots, baby tomatoes and grated cheese. 'Yum' doesn't even describe it.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Whore's Pasta... Pasta Puttanesca... Fab collection of garlic, chilli, tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers... on spaghetti and parmesan on top... Comfort food from sicily, via norwich city (it's a delia recipe)...

Bottle of chianti riserva, great offer at sainsbury, half price, £4,99...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:You know, I think that it a sign of a good restaurant when it's 90% full on a Wednesday evening in a recession.
Just back from Puccini's in Swinton. Bloody marvellous
Great place! Bruce, you should try Grenache on Bridgewater Road in Walkden, excellent place and really not what you'd expect from a Walkden eatery

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:You know, I think that it a sign of a good restaurant when it's 90% full on a Wednesday evening in a recession.
Great place! Bruce, you should try Grenache on Bridgewater Road in Walkden, excellent place and really not what you'd expect from a Walkden eatery
Yes - been going to Puccini's since it opened many years ago. Grenache is owned by a guy I know - I'll pass on your compliments :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Yes - been going to Puccini's since it opened many years ago. Grenache is owned by a guy I know - I'll pass on your compliments :-)
I also know Huss mate, ask him if they have any of that Sancerre he was going to get for me

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Just finished the second of two glasses of Pale Cream, finest of Jerez de la Frontera. Niiiiiicccce. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:45 pm

grilled salmon fillet... one side only... lots of black pepper on top, so slightly crispy on top and cooked meltingly beneath... new potatoes and asparagus... butter on top... tiny brussels sprouts (i love em), steam for 4 mins...

pinot grigio (obviously in italian wine mode atm)...

little tasty lancashire from bolton market, chianti riserva to help the taste...

it's a really hard life, isn't it...?

no football either... tfft!... off to lake district in the morn, for wordsworth-inspired flattish walk on saturday, and something more hilly on sunday, and a night in an 'organic hotel' in between... like... the paint on the walls is organic... well...

suits me fine... :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:24 pm

William the White wrote:grilled salmon fillet... one side only... lots of black pepper on top, so slightly crispy on top and cooked meltingly beneath... new potatoes and asparagus... butter on top... tiny brussels sprouts (i love em), steam for 4 mins...

pinot grigio (obviously in italian wine mode atm)...

little tasty lancashire from bolton market, chianti riserva to help the taste...

it's a really hard life, isn't it...?

no football either... tfft!... off to lake district in the morn, for wordsworth-inspired flattish walk on saturday, and something more hilly on sunday, and a night in an 'organic hotel' in between... like... the paint on the walls is organic... well...

suits me fine... :D
You were doing pretty well yourself until the brussels sprouts.. Like eating wet blotting paper. Yuck.. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: You were doing pretty well yourself until the brussels sprouts.. Like eating wet blotting paper. Yuck.. :wink:
It's you that's fecked-up there in my opinion, Tango. Sprouts are flavour bombs, they really are!
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 pm

Love sprouts, but I only ever have them at Christmas. Any other time just doesn't seem right.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: You were doing pretty well yourself until the brussels sprouts.. Like eating wet blotting paper. Yuck.. :wink:
It's you that's fecked-up there in my opinion, Tango. Sprouts are flavour bombs, they really are!
Wife's a good cook and all the rest of the family love em. I've been practising for years but still can't stomach em. More for you lot then. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wife's a good cook and all the rest of the family love em. I've been practising for years but still can't stomach em. More for you lot then. :wink:
Is that an invite? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:06 am

ratbert wrote:I'm having pigeon breast warm salad tonight. Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.
hey... missed this... i've only ever had pigeon - it's delicious - in sudan... where are you sourcing it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:20 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is that an invite? :D
You never know your luck. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:20 am

Perhaps we should encourage members to post their wine reviews, Sunday Drinker style...

Watch in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsMXgw9YP4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_27g-X1zsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3QAmwkyN7o
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Went to the daughter's for tea last night. Quite a tasty Spaghetti Bolognese with meat balls and plenty of it. Sweet was simple: A large apple-turnover with plenty cream, followed by French coffee ( I passed on that one). Had a few beers, a glass of wine and a couple of Bacardi/lemonades with ice and lemon. All very nice thank you.

Tonight they're at ours and the wife's done Gammon joint with apple-sauce, fresh cabbage and carrots with roasted spuds. Sweet is one of her specialities: Peach and strawberry trifle with custard, Birds dream-topping and chocolate shavings. I'll have a Jerez finest aperitif for previous.

Sorry Prufrock, but one must be truthful. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:40 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I also know Huss mate, ask him if they have any of that Sancerre he was going to get for me
Don't hold yer breath - is he still supping pints of white wine and tonic? :mrgreen: Not seen him for a while.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:02 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Love sprouts
This is my new euphamism for bollocks.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Tonight, Matthew, we're having.....

Home made burger with smashed up fries followed by home made chocolate brownie.....

So ner.
Smarties have answers.....

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Back from the weekend away in the Lakes, final part of wedding anniversary celebrations...

Rain, hail, mountain mist, blue skies, black clouds and, as we were leaving, knackered after a little (4 hours) testing but very good walking, flurries of snow... There 48 hours and had four seasons, twice...

Got home... and very slowly cooking now, a beef in red wine casserole, turnips, onions, carrots, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, oregano... Chianti Riserva breathing... should be ready about 8.30... want to join us? :wink: