What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Christmas in the Twin household involves a large ribeye roast lobbed on the BBQ for a couple of hours. None of that turkey bollocks in my house.
Now that, sounds bloody good. And infinitely better than Turkey!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Christmas in the Twin household involves a large ribeye roast lobbed on the BBQ for a couple of hours. None of that turkey bollocks in my house.
Now that, sounds bloody good. And infinitely better than Turkey!
It's bloomin marvelous. A well done sear on the outer and somewhere between medium rare and medium. Lovely :)

Will be eating more homemade pizza soon as I've asked Santa for an Uuni 2 this year :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:One of the things that I remember from my ill-advised trip to Benidorm some 30 years ago, Tango, is that you couldn't buy Spanish food if your life depended on it. All photographs of pork chops with chips and chalkboards advertising traditional Sunday roasts. Awful place.
Christmas was just a change from the norm but Benidorm's not a place I'd go on holiday to, that's for sure. Blackpool with sunshine and no decent fish and chips.......
Went for my Dad's stag do in 2012 Tango, with a large group of your Farnworth scallywags from Plodder Lane conservative club. Could've been anywhere! Ridiculous place, but amusing in one single never-to-be-repeated small dose.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:34 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:One of the things that I remember from my ill-advised trip to Benidorm some 30 years ago, Tango, is that you couldn't buy Spanish food if your life depended on it. All photographs of pork chops with chips and chalkboards advertising traditional Sunday roasts. Awful place.
Christmas was just a change from the norm but Benidorm's not a place I'd go on holiday to, that's for sure. Blackpool with sunshine and no decent fish and chips.......
Went for my Dad's stag do in 2012 Tango, with a large group of your Farnworth scallywags from Plodder Lane conservative club. Could've been anywhere! Ridiculous place, but amusing in one single never-to-be-repeated small dose.
And you all finished up int the Market Tavern in New Town drinking cut-price ale and listening to an English comedian when you got bored with Sticky Vicky.... A real Spanish break....:lol: .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:We're booked Tattu in Spinningfields for a meal - anyone been? Is it any good?
No, but I can heartily recommend Iberica in Spinningfields. :)
#
EDIT: Just had a look - looks magnificent!
Does look pretty good doesn't it. Not tried Iberica, I have yet to be impressed with the whole Tapas type thing (but like Meze) - know they do a wider menu, so might give it a try off the non-Tapas bit...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:We're booked Tattu in Spinningfields for a meal - anyone been? Is it any good?
#
Does look pretty good doesn't it. Not tried Iberica, I have yet to be impressed with the whole Tapas type thing (but like Meze) - know they do a wider menu, so might give it a try off the non-Tapas bit...
Thing is Worthy, ( you'll forgive me if you are familiar with this) but tapas were never meant to be meals. They serve them as appetizers/starters in Spain, often free with drinks. Tapas are the little saucers/lid things that they use to serve them. Aye, you can make a meal out of mixed varieties, ( chuletas are delicious) but they're not actually main course fodder at all. Course, English Spanish is a different thing altogether.. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:01 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
#
Thing is Worthy, ( you'll forgive me if you are familiar with this) but tapas were never meant to be meals. They serve them as appetizers/starters in Spain, often free with drinks. Tapas are the little saucers/lid things that they use to serve them. Aye, you can make a meal out of mixed varieties, ( chuletas are delicious) but they're not actually main course fodder at all. Course, English Spanish is a different thing altogether.. :wink:
Aye, it's not the whether it's a hearty meal or not. Allergic to fish, so all the fishy ones are out - can do the meat based ones. :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:08 am

Then Chuletas are king. Sometime back, but in El Rincon they served me nine on one plate (I finished the lot :oops: )

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
#
Oh mate, I love tapas, but usually when there are six or eight of you sharing. I guess it's the whole communal aspect that I enjoy as much as the food. Get a bunch of you down to El Rincon. In fact, I'll join you. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
#
Oh mate, I love tapas, but usually when there are six or eight of you sharing. I guess it's the whole communal aspect that I enjoy as much as the food. Get a bunch of you down to El Rincon. In fact, I'll join you. ;)
Aye - I'm into the sharing approach rather than just order your own :-) I just ask folks to identify the various ill described plates and whether they've got fish in 'em or not. Meze, I just order another drink from the bar and pretend :-) I do have El Rincon on the list and I wanted to try Manchester House, but got outvoted in an electorate of 2, by the missus, in favour of Tattu for this one (which given it's part of her 50th I had to cede on).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
#
Aye - I'm into the sharing approach rather than just order your own :-) I just ask folks to identify the various ill described plates and whether they've got fish in 'em or not. Meze, I just order another drink from the bar and pretend :-) I do have El Rincon on the list and I wanted to try Manchester House, but got outvoted in an electorate of 2, by the missus, in favour of Tattu for this one (which given it's part of her 50th I had to cede on).
Mate, don't do Manchester House. Went on my 50th as a special 'treat'. An afternoon of my life and £500 (Taster menu + plonk for three) that I'll never get back. An absolutely crushing disappointment. Do do The French though. Outstanding nosebag.

Yet to try Gotham, so I need to get some visitors over to do it on exes. :)

My last visit to El Rincon was the best ever, and it's my favourite eaterie.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:07 pm

I was out in Manchester on a mates birthday do a few weeks back and since I don't go there that often, I was looking forward to the restaurant he'd lined up. Tops or Topps? Feckin awful. Avoid it like the bloody plague. World buffets are 5hite and there were too many Homer Simpson types in Utd shirts (on a Saturday night) hefferlumping their way around the queues and poking around in the very average grub
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 am

The only question that you need consider today is 'Is this acceptable'?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:04 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
#
Tattu is ok. Lovely, lovely place (the blossom tree is spectacular) and food looks great, but it's just ok. More of an instagram your plate as opposed to enjoy your food kind of place.

For Tapas, there's a new king in town. El Grato Negro on King Street (South or North, can never remember) where all the suit places are. Great place to go for a drink aswell as indulge in the grub. Food is pricey though for Tapas, but it's top notch
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:The only question that you need consider today is 'Is this acceptable'?

Take the fish away and it's perfectly fine.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The only question that you need consider today is 'Is this acceptable'?

Exactly as is. Salt and vinegar to taste... :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Not without six slices of buttered Warbies, no.
Businesswoman of the year.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:21 pm

That looks lush! buttered warbys and a brew and you're all set
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Take the fish away and it's perfectly fine.
Fish and gravy? No not ever. Not for me anyway.

As AT said, take the fish away and you have a perfectly good dinner.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote: That looks lush! buttered warbys and a brew and you're all set
Is where I am. In fact - match night = chippy tea. :oyea: