What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm

Just arrived in Cartmel. Rogan & Co tonight and then L'Enclume tomorrow. Proper bucket list stuff, been wanting to go for about 15 years.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:19 pm

As Tuesday's to Thursday's goes, that's a pretty decent trio, mate. Enjoy.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm
Just arrived in Cartmel. Rogan & Co tonight and then L'Enclume tomorrow. Proper bucket list stuff, been wanting to go for about 15 years.
How was it? Live up to the billing?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm

It was absolutely unreal. They're mad, mad, bastards. They've got a full time forager who goes out and finds some weird tree sap and then a full time "development chef" who dicks around to see what they can do with it.

Also really sound and down to earth staff, happy and keen to explain everything there do and don't assume you're just going to know what all the weird and wonderful stuff is.

It's obvs a treat given the price, and it's mega rich (15 courses), so I needed a tactical vom halfway, but the things they can put in your mouth!

Heartily recommend, and the package we got (two nights stay, one night in Rogan & Co and one in L'Enclume, drinks extra) was good value at an admittedly steep price.

Would also recommend the paring menu in the wine too. Again it's dear but you get to try all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff you never would otherwise.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm
It was absolutely unreal. They're mad, mad, bastards. They've got a full time forager who goes out and finds some weird tree sap and then a full time "development chef" who dicks around to see what they can do with it.

Also really sound and down to earth staff, happy and keen to explain everything there do and don't assume you're just going to know what all the weird and wonderful stuff is.

It's obvs a treat given the price, and it's mega rich (15 courses), so I needed a tactical vom halfway, but the things they can put in your mouth!

Heartily recommend, and the package we got (two nights stay, one night in Rogan & Co and one in L'Enclume, drinks extra) was good value at an admittedly steep price.

Would also recommend the paring menu in the wine too. Again it's dear but you get to try all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff you never would otherwise.
Sounds amazing. Just got an unexpected bonus at works so may look to see if we can get in
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"