Britain's Got Talent

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eddybwfc » Sat May 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Think i might go on britaints got talent next year, your likely to get to semis what ever you do as we have seen with some of the shite acts in the semis. And to get into the final just start crying.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 30, 2009 1:41 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:oops. it was meant in jest - i just think the whole show is bullshit.

i said that to my missus last night , just playfully for a reaction because she was crying watching holly crying

I guess i should not take it so seriously, it is entertainment and i do watch it - just things like that bug me.

i mean, who decides which acts appear in which semi final? each one has one or two standout acts plus a load of shite!?
I think they must decide on matching a few no-hopers: The poor man's Partridge family, break-dancing geriatric, crap-juggler, Robert Palmer's worst nightmare, fat stripper, "You say Britain, I say talent" etc and put the likely ones spread out over four semis'. All the best talent together would be a judges/public nightmare. Trouble is, as soon as the GBP get involved, anything can happen.

Loved the kid for her guts but, at ten, she may have a career in front of her if she's any good later. She wasn't as good as the little black girl who didn't make it earlier. There was also a young kid playing drums brilliantly who was far better than 80% of the acts that got through and the musical flower arrangers knocked him out.. How bizarre is that? A lot of these acts ( like the middle-aged Welsh guy) go out from choosing standard songs from Saturday night at the Conni/Labour club.
Thinking about it, I've seen loads of acts at the same clubs who are far more talented than most of this lot will ever be.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 30, 2009 1:42 pm

eddybwfc wrote:Think i might go on britaints got talent next year, your likely to get to semis what ever you do as we have seen with some of the shite acts in the semis. And to get into the final just start crying.
Make sure you wear a Bolton shirt and that scarf General. :mrgreen:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 30, 2009 2:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
eddybwfc wrote:Think i might go on britaints got talent next year, your likely to get to semis what ever you do as we have seen with some of the shite acts in the semis. And to get into the final just start crying.
Not that new one, ffs, not the new one.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 30, 2009 2:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:Anyone else get the impression Susan Boyle has started to believe her own hype? She has literally turned from a nervous, weird woman from north of the border, to a confident, brash and loud mouthed bint overnight. For what it's worth I agree with Mummy.. If she was 25 and good looking, she wouldn't held in as much esteem
...and some. I suspect she's always had attitude just never the opportunity to float it.

She hasn't reached that age, in that area, without some "strength".

I think the great British public will spring a surprise tonight. She'll then go off the rails & the rest of her life will be ruined. With all her dreams gone she'll decend to achohol and heroin abuse and homelessness ... worst of all, she will re-grow those eyebrows !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 30, 2009 8:39 pm

With all the nonesense out of the way, thought this was a pretty good show. Rule out the singing grandad and the break-dancing kid and the rest are a tough call. Still think Susan Boyle will probably get the vote but Stavros, Diversity and Flawless could all take it. If it were my choice I'd just bang the lot up as the Royal Variety Show. Whilst not a mad lover of breakdance groups, hats off to both. They were sensational. I enjoyed the show.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun May 31, 2009 1:01 am

I'm sorry, but that Diversity performance was actually jaw dropping. I plead everyone watch it. Seriously. Proper :o stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpBCzT0tM3k
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Sun May 31, 2009 6:57 am

Verbal wrote:I'm sorry, but that Diversity performance was actually jaw dropping. I plead everyone watch it. Seriously. Proper :o stuff

I'm with you on that, not usually my cup of tea but that was incredible, each time they seemed to come up with something different and I have no idea how they keep in time etc etc. Incredible and worthy winners.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:With all the nonesense out of the way, thought this was a pretty good show. Rule out the singing grandad and the break-dancing kid and the rest are a tough call. Still think Susan Boyle will probably get the vote but Stavros, Diversity and Flawless could all take it. If it were my choice I'd just bang the lot up as the Royal Variety Show. Whilst not a mad lover of breakdance groups, hats off to both. They were sensational. I enjoyed the show.
I was in two minds between Flawless and Diversity going into the final, but Flawless seamed to do the opposite to Diversity. I thought Flawless' first performance was their best one, their performances never seamed to match that. The short straw of going first didn't help them much either.

Diversity on the other hand simply got better and better with each performance. That guy will have agents phoning him for years to come! How does he come up with those ideas?!?

For me, the main reason Diversity deserved to win, is that they brought something new to the table, every single round. Were as many of the other contestance (especially Boyle) choose to play it safe and go with repeating something they new was safely popular.

The bit with the three guys with red hats was mint!! Lol

Really had a soft spot for Staveros though. A natural entertainer, the only person who could actually entertained when a mic is shoved in his face, rather then errrm, yeah, errrm "It'd be brilliant if we won, I'm/We're just so happy to have gotton so far" etc, well supported by his son.

The bit with the three guys with red hats was mint!! Lol
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 31, 2009 10:54 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:The bit with the three guys with red hats was mint!! Lol
"Was mint!!"

"Lol"

Soldier ? .... Soldier ? ... are you in there ????
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun May 31, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Verbal wrote:I'm sorry, but that Diversity performance was actually jaw dropping. I plead everyone watch it. Seriously. Proper :o stuff

What are you sorry about Verbal? Everybody agree they deserved to win. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 am

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 am

Does The Priory have a monopoly on maudlin voyeurism in this country or something?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:55 am

I believe Diversity was an old old wooden ship
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:18 am

Athers wrote:I believe Diversity was an old old wooden ship
Yesterday called, it wants its joke back :D
Was right all along

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Anyone else get the impression Susan Boyle has started to believe her own hype? She has literally turned from a nervous, weird woman from north of the border, to a confident, brash and loud mouthed bint overnight. For what it's worth I agree with Mummy.. If she was 25 and good looking, she wouldn't held in as much esteem
...and some. I suspect she's always had attitude just never the opportunity to float it.

She hasn't reached that age, in that area, without some "strength".

I think the great British public will spring a surprise tonight. She'll then go off the rails & the rest of her life will be ruined. With all her dreams gone she'll decend to achohol and heroin abuse and homelessness ... worst of all, she will re-grow those eyebrows !!
Bobo, are you Psychic or what???!!!! :shock:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
i didnt say that :roll: but that scarf has gone forever...