Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Oh dear, spots will blow a fuse, just read on a biker forum another protest is planned for Matlock soon.
Well as I understand it, there will be a different approach by the police to any future 'protests'.
There may well be an organised 'response' from a few anti-protesters too...
Matlock Bath, the Alamo :lol:
Word of advice Spots don't go out of your way to piss them off, there is not enough police in the entire Derbyshire force to handle the numbers involved without massive road closures that will impact on locals anyway.
One day a week, loads of cash for local business, get on well with other visitors in the main, they seem to love talking about the bikes, have coppers to nail the bad 'uns :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Never mind Spots, Mr Darcy will have a fit when he can't get to his grouse shoot on time. Those noisy ho-has may cause the horses to bolt and then he'll really throw one... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 pm

I try very hard not to let my inbuilt and learned prejudices come to the fore, but I've just wasted 2 hours arguing over 25 quid with a large bunch of gentlemen who arrived from Bradford to potentially buy NMB'S old Toyota. Feck me sideways.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:17 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I try very hard not to let my inbuilt and learned prejudices come to the fore, but I've just wasted 2 hours arguing over 25 quid with a large bunch of gentlemen who arrived from Bradford to potentially buy NMB'S old Toyota. Feck me sideways.
It's like that here, only they'd do it for far less and far longer - I'm not talking the locals, but the same lot from Bradford. I'd have walked away with a take it or leave within 10 minutes. People advertise stuff for say a fiver and you get offers like 50p and they want you to drive it to Abu Dhabi for them :roll:

When we leave here I'm probably going to give anything we're not taking with us to charity. Can't be arsed with the cheap bastards.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:28 am

we could have done with some of that at the club when negotiating players' wages....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Central Heating has packed in... again. Fxckity fxck.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:49 pm

thebish wrote:we could have done with some of that at the club when negotiating players' wages....
Well we kinda did, seems a lot of it went to some sort of charity.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Central Heating has packed in... again. Fxckity fxck.
Is it cold? Our AC went mid summer a couple of years ago. 3 bloody days it took 'em. Sweaty doesn't begin to cover it :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Mine packed in when we had that real cold snap about 5 years ago and it was -15.

So man-up. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mine packed in when we had that real cold snap about 5 years ago and it was -15.

So man-up. :)
Yes, but, I've only recently come out of hospital with pneumonia. Manning up is only an option for the well :wink: (currently curled up in front of the real wood fire in my local, acting as stoker. Keeping an eye out for Worthy and his e-cigger hordes though).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:27 am

Our boiler almost gave up the ghost on Wednesday,again! Have to wait till next Friday for new one to be fitted,it's limping along at the mo! With no other form of heating,I shall Man-up and get Mrs JC to throw an extra quilt on.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:39 am

Yes, but, I've only recently come out of hospital with pneumonia.

The fckn state of the NHS these days................................... :roll:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 am

I'm UK bound in a week. Just wondering how cold it is over there? I probably need to crank the AC up to acclimatise myself to your weather :mrgreen:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:27 am

Currently 32 deg c in Daresbury. There's a couple of young ladies sunbathing outside the office.
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 am

I'm going further north. I best allow for under 30c, which counts as cold!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:54 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm UK bound in a week. Just wondering how cold it is over there? I probably need to crank the AC up to acclimatise myself to your weather :mrgreen:
0-5c average in Bolton at the moment, bit of wind and it feels -30 though.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:25 am

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm UK bound in a week. Just wondering how cold it is over there? I probably need to crank the AC up to acclimatise myself to your weather :mrgreen:
0-5c average in Bolton at the moment, bit of wind and it feels -30 though.
To be honest, it's been near on 4 years since I've experienced much less than 20c. I can't really remember it if that makes sense. Going to be a shock and I'm hoping my old UK clothes still fit :|

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:43 am

I've rung every single CH engineer in the area (18 in total) plus two nationwide ones. British Gas can come out 'sometime early next week' to assess what the damage will be with an estimated rip and replace by the weekend... they won't just repair without us being on their contract, and to get on I'll need a new boiler and then sign up for eighteen months, minimum cost is beyond what Iwant to pay under those conditions. Earliest a local CH engineer can repair is next Thursday, almost a week away, and he'll replace the pump, but there are other problems too which will have to wait. To get a new boiler in, which is basically what is needed, at best will require a six week wait, but will only cost £1400 (I've been quoted as high as £1850) and the boiler comes with a full parts and labour 10 year warranty. Problem is I've never heard of the make - Ideal combi boiler. I shall do some research. Has anybody got any reccos, I've heard Worcester are good.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:50 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've rung every single CH engineer in the area (18 in total) plus two nationwide ones. British Gas can come out 'sometime early next week' to assess what the damage will be with an estimated rip and replace by the weekend... they won't just repair without us being on their contract, and to get on I'll need a new boiler and then sign up for eighteen months, minimum cost is beyond what Iwant to pay under those conditions. Earliest a local CH engineer can repair is next Thursday, almost a week away, and he'll replace the pump, but there are other problems too which will have to wait. To get a new boiler in, which is basically what is needed, at best will require a six week wait, but will only cost £1400 (I've been quoted as high as £1850) and the boiler comes with a full parts and labour 10 year warranty. Problem is I've never heard of the make - Ideal combi boiler. I shall do some research. Has anybody got any reccos, I've heard Worcester are good.
This smacks of a 'five P's' situation.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:53 am

It smacks of death by hypothermia situation if the weather doesn't warm up anytime soon.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください