Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

:D pretty good, for you.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Aaron Lennon's been sectioned under the mental health act after threatening to throw himself off of Stott Lane bridge onto the M602. I really do hope that he gets all the care and help that he clearly needs and manages to get his life back on track.

What angers me though is that the 4ucking shit parcel that is the Daily Mail feels the need to run with '£55,000 a week footballer, Aaron Lennon............' What in the name of the blue 4ucking blazes has his earnings got to do with this? This utterly archaic line of thinking damages the whole issue of people needing help with their issues. Bunch of absolute wankers.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 pm
Aaron Lennon's been sectioned under the mental health act after threatening to throw himself off of Stott Lane bridge onto the M602. I really do hope that he gets all the care and help that he clearly needs and manages to get his life back on track.

What angers me though is that the 4ucking shit parcel that is the Daily Mail feels the need to run with '£55,000 a week footballer, Aaron Lennon............' What in the name of the blue 4ucking blazes has his earnings got to do with this? This utterly archaic line of thinking damages the whole issue of people needing help with their issues. Bunch of absolute wankers.
This. If you need help, you need help...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Let's not exclude though. If you read The Daily Mail, you also need help.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 pm

I refuse to read anything that spews from that office, so only seen the headline - That alone is worthy of the writer and editor getting the sack in my opinion.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Sorry, Chaps. This was brought to my attention - not due to me reading that particular rag.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:15 pm
Sorry, Chaps. This was brought to my attention - not due to me reading that particular rag.
Yeah, you say that now... :-)

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Here here - an absolute disgrace. Surely anyone with even a shred of humanity wishes his nothing but the best and hopes he gets the help he needs.
As for the Daily Mail piece - a good article on it:
http://www.football365.com/news/mediawa ... ily-mirror

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 03, 2017 4:06 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 pm
Here here - an absolute disgrace. Surely anyone with even a shred of humanity wishes his nothing but the best and hopes he gets the help he needs.
As for the Daily Mail piece - a good article on it:
http://www.football365.com/news/mediawa ... ily-mirror
That article absolutely nails it Dave.

Many thanks for the link

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Wonder if "There but for the grace of God" etc...somehow doesn't apply to the insensible aspects of media.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed May 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Remember, Tango, to always keep in the mind that the editorial stance of the Idiot's Bible is very f*cking angry that the world has progressed from Donald Campbell's amateurism, Tommy Trinder, not these bloody so-called 'alternative comedians' and that it's all been downhill from the 4-minute mile with all these bloody foreigners.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Angry may be overstating it a little but certainly irritated.

Went to middlebrook this afternoon and the Mrs picked up some bedding plants while I was wandering around halfords & pets at home. Walking back to the car with a couple of trays of plants she realised I had the car keys so put them under the car while we nipped in Costa. Some fecker nicked em!

£6 of feckin bedding plants. They were pretty heavy so had to be an adult with a car. If they were that hard up I'd have feckin bought them some! :evil:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Went to middlebrook this afternoon and the Mrs picked up some bedding plants while I was wandering around halfords & pets at home. Walking back to the car with a couple of trays of plants she realised I had the car keys so put them under the car while we nipped in Costa. Some fecker nicked em!

£6 of feckin bedding plants. They were pretty heavy so had to be an adult with a car. If they were that hard up I'd have feckin bought them some! :evil:
I can't believe you let your wife carry really heavy bedding plants all the way back to the car while you loafed around looking at pets. Deserve everything you get, Harry! :wink:

PS: Do Halford's sell bicycles? I bought my first (only) bike at Halford's in the Market Hall in 1957. Could they still be around if relocated?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

I can't believe you let your wife carry really heavy bedding plants all the way back to the car while you loafed around looking at pets. Deserve everything you get, Harry! :wink:

PS: Do Halford's sell bicycles? I bought my first (only) bike at Halford's in the Market Hall in 1957. Could they still be around if relocated?
:D

They do Monty. Pretty big chain in the UK now
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat May 20, 2017 6:18 pm

I believe this is a pic from your last shopping trip.
Attachments
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1092.JPG (52.51 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:18 pm
:oyea:

PS those plants will look lovely in my back garden.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

That brought back a memory in more ways than one H.G: Some years back when I was driving, in a moment of madness, I bought a chrome exhaust tailpipe and a pair of new windscreen wiper blades from Halfords one Saturday morning. That afternoon, went up to the Last Drop; was only in there about an hour and came out to find the pipe and the blades both gone. They were hardly solid gold or anything, but I wishing all sorts of bad luck on the thieving bxstards. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
:lol: :pray:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 21, 2017 5:42 pm

"Hurry along, Mrs G. I'm going to miss the fight"!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
I reckon we'll need another packet of Rizla