Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:22 pm

Planes? At an airport? How very dare they! :conf:

Anyway, the planes don’t pass anywhere near us and I haven’t been abroad since before the kids were born. I spent some of my teenage years messing about in the terminals with mates, eating Mcdonalds and riding the monorail but grown up a bit now, so my contact with the airport is limited to driving past the turn off on my way north on the A23. Lot more to Sussex then Gatwick Airport should you ever visit again. We have train stations too! :wink:
I used to get the train there from London :D So that's an airport, a roundabout and a train station :P :mrgreen:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:55 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:48 pm
she’s not having black peas. Weirdo!
and she's still allowed on here? :shock: :o

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:56 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:

I can vouch that there’s much more than Gatwick Airport to Sussex. Been to lots of lovely places. Worth it for one of their bonfire nights alone, where health and safety goes out the window for one night. I’ve managed to convince GG that treacle toffee and parkin are worthy northern accompaniments for the event, but she’s not having black peas. Weirdo!
And now I’ve joined the bonfire society you get to laugh at me in a stupid outfit carrying a flaming torch down the high street this year.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:55 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
I know. Disgraceful!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:56 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:

I can vouch that there’s much more than Gatwick Airport to Sussex. Been to lots of lovely places. Worth it for one of their bonfire nights alone, where health and safety goes out the window for one night. I’ve managed to convince GG that treacle toffee and parkin are worthy northern accompaniments for the event, but she’s not having black peas. Weirdo!
And now I’ve joined the bonfire society you get to laugh at me in a stupid outfit carrying a flaming torch down the high street this year.
I’m sure the forum will insist on pictorial evidence of this! 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
And you have gravy on your chips. Weirdos. Food is definitely better down south, that’s for sure.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:09 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Thankfully it will be dark.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:12 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:09 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
And you have gravy on your chips. Weirdos. Food is definitely better down south, that’s for sure.
As someone that spent 20 years down south I can tell you with no hesitation you are wrong :P

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:13 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
I know. Disgraceful!
Worse still she's disparaging chips n gravy :whack:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:19 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:13 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
I know. Disgraceful!
She nearly puked after trying mushy peas, the first time I met her at Watford. Should have known she was a wrongun then!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
I’ll convert your kids to it, the next time you’re up north. 😉

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Thankfully it will be dark.
Your white trousers won’t be! 😂

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:35 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:19 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:13 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
I know. Disgraceful!
She nearly puked after trying mushy peas, the first time I met her at Watford. Should have known she was a wrongun then!
Deary me. Best get her on a crash course. Meat pie, chips, peas & gravy. Gravy on the side as you get more than with a pour :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:22 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:57 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:50 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:29 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:32 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 am

Some nice people up north but it’s not very green!
The Lake District, the Peak District, the Pennines, the Yorkshire Dales, the North Yorks National Park, Northumbria and all of Scotland have just been on and asked me to call you an ignorant southern numpty. Luckily for you, I'm too polite :)

BTW - Sheffield is the UK's greenest city. Yes, Sheffield, so go and stick that up your Haywards Heath ;)
Might as well just say Gatwick Airport :mrgreen:
25 minutes drive from here and that’s all we are known for?!
I used to visit frequently as I managed a vendor relationship with ma company there. Bloody planes and a busy roundabout are my memory, faded as it may be.
Planes? At an airport? How very dare they! :conf:

Anyway, the planes don’t pass anywhere near us and I haven’t been abroad since before the kids were born. I spent some of my teenage years messing about in the terminals with mates, eating Mcdonalds and riding the monorail but grown up a bit now, so my contact with the airport is limited to driving past the turn off on my way north on the A23. Lot more to Sussex then Gatwick Airport should you ever visit again. We have train stations too! :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Utter lunacy. She was in her car not the supermarket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... r-61977754

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:53 pm

Thanks to Jane Austen I'm perfectly familiar with Derbyshire downwards, Box Hill, Hertfordshire, London, Bath, Brighton, Kent, Highbury, Lyme Regis, Plymouth and even parts of Devon. The strictly upper middle class areas that is, none of your working class types. Mind you, most of it was two hundred years ago. :P

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:13 am

Not angry just slightly, possibly irrationally, annoyed. Took my youngest dog on the school run this morning. She’s a small to medium sized shaggy mongrel with a friendly face. Queuing to get into the playground and she sniffs the scooter of the pre schooler in front of us. Pre schooler cries out that there’s a dog and mum immediately lifts her up into her arms and says “sorry, she’s not used to dogs”. Now I’m in no way claiming to be an expert parent here, but surely rather then take her into your arms fulfilling the thought that dogs are something to be scared of, why not crouch down with said child, ask if you can stroke the dog and show the child they are nothing to be worried about? People! :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:18 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:13 am
Not angry just slightly, possibly irrationally, annoyed. Took my youngest dog on the school run this morning. She’s a small to medium sized shaggy mongrel with a friendly face. Queuing to get into the playground and she sniffs the scooter of the pre schooler in front of us. Pre schooler cries out that there’s a dog and mum immediately lifts her up into her arms and says “sorry, she’s not used to dogs”. Now I’m in no way claiming to be an expert parent here, but surely rather then take her into your arms fulfilling the thought that dogs are something to be scared of, why not crouch down with said child, ask if you can stroke the dog and show the child they are nothing to be worried about? People! :roll:
Perhaps the mum doesn’t like dogs? Or isn’t confident round them. Not everyone is. Especially someone who has never had one.

Our cat has scared kids at the house before. But whilst that seems ridiculous not everyone has experience of pets or animals.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 am

Nothing really unusual there G.G. As a child I was terrified of a relation's Alsatian and no amount of persuasion would get me near it. It wears off, like most things, with time. I think the woman reacted like most mother's would. Child first...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:07 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 am
Nothing really unusual there G.G. As a child I was terrified of a relation's Alsatian and no amount of persuasion would get me near it. It wears off, like most things, with time. I think the woman reacted like most mother's would. Child first...
I have to confess there are still some breeds of dog that if I see off a lead I will do my best to avoid.