Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:39 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:49 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:05 pm
To make it even more idiotic they cost 10 x more than a traditional till, not to mention the management software. I won't have them anywhere near my wee supermarket.
I dislike them as well, give me humans, even sullen ones over these things any day.
You get banter here :D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:34 am

Pipes burst in our house. Waste pipes from En-suite Shower, main bathroom shower and bath. All gone. House is soaking feck* wet 3 days before Christmas. House is only 8 years old. This after we found the main bathrooms' toilet was fitted without rubber washers earlier this year and piss/sh*t water had eroded some flooring and put a hole in the kitchen ceiling (cost us a grand in repairs)

4 fences lost in 48hrs after being replaced time and time again, as they have those shitty wooden fence panels batted down about an inch into the ground.

Phoned Bloor Homes to be told "your house isn't in warranty" - Told them we have a 10 year building warranty. Apparently that's just for feckin bricks!!!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:36 am

Criminal mate. Hope you get some semblance of order bud, before Chrimbo...gutted for you.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Commiserations B.B. There's no good time for that to happen. A few years back our septic tank in the loft burst and flooded us out. Luckily I knew a good plumber but had to dive at my wife to stop her switching the light on whilst standing in two inches of water. We did get the compen eventually. I've no good words to offer mate..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:34 am
Pipes burst in our house. Waste pipes from En-suite Shower, main bathroom shower and bath. All gone. House is soaking feck* wet 3 days before Christmas. House is only 8 years old. This after we found the main bathrooms' toilet was fitted without rubber washers earlier this year and piss/sh*t water had eroded some flooring and put a hole in the kitchen ceiling (cost us a grand in repairs)

4 fences lost in 48hrs after being replaced time and time again, as they have those shitty wooden fence panels batted down about an inch into the ground.

Phoned Bloor Homes to be told "your house isn't in warranty" - Told them we have a 10 year building warranty. Apparently that's just for feckin bricks!!!!
Genuinely sorry to hear that Boris.
Cheap tradesmen driven by time constraints are the problem in a lot of areas now and the bloody building companies don't give a stuff.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:04 am

I would think it might be worth consulting a lawyer. Limiting a ten-year warranty to just bricks sound very odd. "Oh, the bricks were fine, ti was just the mortar which disinter=grated when your hous collapsed". What has Prufrock to say?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:04 am
I would think it might be worth consulting a lawyer. Limiting a ten-year warranty to just bricks sound very odd. "Oh, the bricks were fine, ti was just the mortar which disinter=grated when your hous collapsed". What has Prufrock to say?
What they mean is new build warranties cover the structure of the house. So if the house itself starts falling down or the roof fails then you are covered. But they don’t cover an internal leak, even though clearly when you buy a new house you don’t expect such shoddy workmanship to create such a scenario.

But sadly the new build guarantee won’t cover for this sort of damage even though it’s their own fault.

House insurance likely covers it but of course….then they put your premiums up!

Had a nearly new build a long time ago, three years old and similar issues. Leaking bath, shower and radiators that we discovered a bit too late after a lot of damage. A nightmare but again, had to pay for the fix ourselves….which on further inspection turned into a new bathroom such was the poor work in the initial build, most things had to be ripped out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:29 pm

He’s always been completely odious but I see Joey Barton is trying very hard to solidify his abhorrent reputation. What an absolute tit.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:15 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:04 am
What they mean is new build warranties cover the structure of the house. So if the house itself starts falling down or the roof fails then you are covered. But they don’t cover an internal leak, even though clearly when you buy a new house you don’t expect such shoddy workmanship to create such a scenario.

But sadly the new build guarantee won’t cover for this sort of damage even though it’s their own fault.

House insurance likely covers it but of course….then they put your premiums up!

Had a nearly new build a long time ago, three years old and similar issues. Leaking bath, shower and radiators that we discovered a bit too late after a lot of damage. A nightmare but again, had to pay for the fix ourselves….which on further inspection turned into a new bathroom such was the poor work in the initial build, most things had to be ripped out.
Again, here you could have gone after the previous owner if it was a hidden defect. That is, they knew about the problem but didn't disclose the information. For example, a basement that leaks in the Spring when the snow melts but looks fine when you purchased in July. I guess laws are different in the UK.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 am
Anger is such a wasted emotion but bloody hell have any of you been following the case of the subpostmasters v the Post Office and their horizon software?

I'd urge anyone to give themselves 10 minutes and read this

https://t.co/7efd2oBl5O?amp=1

Absolutely outrageous and a nightmare of Kafka esque proportions to be embroiled in.
3 years ago I posted this and I'm still outraged. Hopefully the excellent ITV mini series Mr Bates v The Post Office has brought this miscarriage of justice, further into the public spotlight. Still waiting for proper justice and compensation.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:29 pm
He’s always been completely odious but I see Joey Barton is trying very hard to solidify his abhorrent reputation. What an absolute tit.
So odious I’m finding myself taking Gary Neville’s side in things which is quite unnerving in itself. Talk about attention seeking.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:56 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
So odious I’m finding myself taking Gary Neville’s side in things which is quite unnerving in itself. Talk about attention seeking.
On the plus side, he’s making himself completely unemployable within the game. Or so you’d hope. He’s always been an odious prick, but the c*** really is outdoing himself! The really scary thing is the number of blokes on X hanging on his every word!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:40 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:56 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
On the plus side, he’s making himself completely unemployable within the game. Or so you’d hope. He’s always been an odious prick, but the c*** really is outdoing himself! The really scary thing is the number of blokes on X hanging on his every word!
Yeah. Scary but not surprising. It seems that it’s in fashion for modern football fans to try and regress back to troglodyte form.

It’s weird how things change. For a long old while that was certainly not seen as attractive. Yet now it’s all the rage. How ‘low’ can you go is a thing again.

I blame social media.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:02 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He knows his time in the game is up. That's why he's doing this. He's deliberately becoming a poster boy for weirdo internet incels and Tory bootlickers who have been brainwashed into hating absolutely everything and everyone.

He's ticking all the boxes
- Anti-Vaxxer
- Misogynist
- Climate change denier

Goes on about being a man of the people then proclaims he "owns a bank" and "owns an energy company" - 2 things that completely remove him from a "man of the people" yet thousands lap it up, tongue punch his dirt box and w*nk themselves into a frenzy at his weirdness.

It's completely bonkers, but it's also completely pre-thought out
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 am

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:02 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He knows his time in the game is up. That's why he's doing this. He's deliberately becoming a poster boy for weirdo internet incels and Tory bootlickers who have been brainwashed into hating absolutely everything and everyone.

He's ticking all the boxes
- Anti-Vaxxer
- Misogynist
- Climate change denier

Goes on about being a man of the people then proclaims he "owns a bank" and "owns an energy company" - 2 things that completely remove him from a "man of the people" yet thousands lap it up, tongue punch his dirt box and w*nk themselves into a frenzy at his weirdness.

It's completely bonkers, but it's also completely pre-thought out
It’s ironic how so called ‘men of the people’ are always anything but…

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:39 pm

People who jump red lights!

Really wish I was still driving a truck so they'd smash into the side, feckin morons.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:39 pm

Really wish I was still driving a truck so they'd smash into the side, feckin morons.
Nature of the beast Hobes. The desire to buck the trend and go against the grain is the reason humans do these things. The excitement of indiscretion is a powerful desire and ignoring rules or advice seems tame by comparison. Temptation lurks within us all. The words of an old Nat King Cole song, although using sexual temptation as a subject, still sum it up generally if you submit the word "wrong" for love. :

"Deep in his soul, so carefully hidden, there longed a desire to be indiscreet,
For he had known when love is forbidden, love is so sweet, love is so sweet..

Forgive my philosophising.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:29 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:39 pm

The new speeding cameras can do red lights too. So I suspect as they put more in around junctions - more of these sorts will be caught!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:40 pm

Been following the Post Office/Horizon scandal for a number of years with some professional curiosity. The excellent Mr Bates v Post Office nailed it. But there clearly needs people held to account, because some of the statements made are just untenable. I don't for one minute believe, between Fuji and POL, that problems with the software and that remote access was a thing, weren't apparent from a very early stage...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:40 pm
Been following the Post Office/Horizon scandal for a number of years with some professional curiosity. The excellent Mr Bates v Post Office nailed it. But there clearly needs people held to account, because some of the statements made are just untenable. I don't for one minute believe, between Fuji and POL, that problems with the software and that remote access was a thing, weren't apparent from a very early stage...
100%

It really is time for those at the head of large business to be fully accountable for their watch.