Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Bruno wrote:That makes no sense, why would you do that to two clubs with their pedigree?
They already have pedigree? Let them keep it where they are then. I see no benefit to anybody but the chairmen of Rangers and Celtic

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Bruno wrote:That makes no sense, why would you do that to two clubs with their pedigree?
I don't care about their pedigree, chum.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Puskas wrote:
I don't care about their pedigree, chum.
That was dogsh*t mate

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:
They already have pedigree? Let them keep it where they are then. I see no benefit to anybody but the chairmen of Rangers and Celtic

and us, we get to see icons like Kris Boyd and Lee Chong Yongs mate

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:53 pm

1st Capital Connect. They cancelled the majority of trains today and even the ones that turned up tended to be 4 carriage, on the wrong platform and not enough time to switch platform. I was only 3 hours late to work!

The reason? Not enough drivers! Apparantly the drivers are not doing overtime or working days off. Now if that means cancelling over half the train service for the entire day me thinks you are incompetent for not hiring enough train drivers. It's not like you have 3 or 4 drivers off, it's nearer to 50% off!

I can't wait for my attempt to get home after work :evil:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Get a car.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:00 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Get a car.
Not a route to enjoy by car each day. I'd be increasing normal journey time significantly due to the joys of M1 towards London, M25 and then down towards Canary Wharf :(

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Christmas adverts on tv

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:20 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/473 ... in_Bolton/

Another £20,000 added to the baths and bin shambles!!!! F*ck the failing apart roads!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Funny, the news mustn't have reached Farnworth or even Bolton Centre. The number of pizza boxes, crisp packets, chip and hamburger wrappers, curry suppers, beer bottles and cans and their soft drinks cousins seem to far outweigh any cigarette stubs by far.. Then there's the remnants of weekend stomachs that get deposited on the pavements. Oh, and chewing gum of course. Now if I were to mention fly-tipping...Just another excuse to have a dig at smokers I suppose, so nothing new there.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Go for it anyway

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Whilst it's a big 'if', Hobinho, if the exercise results in a general acceptance of not flicking a burning fag end willy-nilly then it's quite possible that the council will save more than the cost of the campaign in the reduction of costs for street sweeping, drain/outfall filtering and suchlike.

Littering of any kind is ghastly and probably indicative of the mentality of the perpetrators. I wonder what it costs to clean up the Reebok after games or other public performances.

Surely a normal person cannot rationalize such a habit by twisting logic and claiming that 'someone else will clean up after me and I'm creating jobs'? (Apart from teenagers living at home with a forgiving mother of course). :wink:

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive about the discarding of cigarettes as I live in area, like many around the world, which is subject to fire. To follow a car in my territory and to see the driver/passenger of the vehicle in front of me flick a lighted cancer stick out of the window and then to watch the embers sparkle and disperse in various directions makes me hope that they will die in hell.

OK, I've gone over the top; sorry. Nevertheless I cannot understand people shitting in their own nest.

Post Script: Yes, Hobinho, I'm a smoker.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Dujon wrote:Whilst it's a big 'if', Hobinho, if the exercise results in a general acceptance of not flicking a burning fag end willy-nilly then it's quite possible that the council will save more than the cost of the campaign in the reduction of costs for street sweeping, drain/outfall filtering and suchlike.

Littering of any kind is ghastly and probably indicative of the mentality of the perpetrators. I wonder what it costs to clean up the Reebok after games or other public performances.

Surely a normal person cannot rationalize such a habit by twisting logic and claiming that 'someone else will clean up after me and I'm creating jobs'? (Apart from teenagers living at home with a forgiving mother of course). :wink:

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive about the discarding of cigarettes as I live in area, like many around the world, which is subject to fire. To follow a car in my territory and to see the driver/passenger of the vehicle in front of me flick a lighted cancer stick out of the window and then to watch the embers sparkle and disperse in various directions makes me hope that they will die in hell.

OK, I've gone over the top; sorry. Nevertheless I cannot understand people shitting in their own nest.

Post Script: Yes, Hobinho, I'm a smoker.
:D

TBH I'd wouldn't mind much if the £20,000 grand went towards giving some one a job cleaning up, one less off the dole, paying tax contributing instead of taking out or they just fined people. It seems like another hair brained scheme giving out portable ash trays and dressing folk up as fag ends the poor sods will become the butt of many jokes, sue the council for distress and cost even more money :wink:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:25 pm

Right: I've just done a trawl of the 50 metres between my place and the next major road (both sides). One side is reasonably civilised but a bit straggly. The opposite side consists of a bank, running upwards from the road (there are no footpaths per se), and is a tangle of jasmine and other plants. I have returned with a shopping bag - the plastic sort - full to the brim with litter. I'd lay odds that, because of the denseness of the bank flora I missed many objects. The haul consists of one spray paint can, two large glass bottles, three or four small bottles, about the same number of aluminium cans and plastic containers - plus lids and shattered plastic and the ubiquitous paper and paper bags. This time I didn't find a bong - perhaps it's the recession?

Should you drive down 'my' street you probably wouldn't notice the litter. If one ignores the odd loud party and the few youngsters who seem to congregate on weekends to do whatever it is that teenagers do it really is a nice place to live. To me it's a minor problem. BUT - there's always a 'but' - I have a creek that runs down one side of my property. Unfortunately it now serves as a channel for the local (and not so local) drainage. Aluminium cans and any other thing that is subject to going with the flow seems to bounce down the declination. I have no doubt whatsoever that many fag ends sneak through my chicken wire filtering system.

So: I shall raise the subject - with some ire - that people who rely on others to clean up their own mess.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Dujon wrote:Right: I've just done a trawl of the 50 metres between my place and the next major road (both sides). One side is reasonably civilised but a bit straggly. The opposite side consists of a bank, running upwards from the road (there are no footpaths per se), and is a tangle of jasmine and other plants. I have returned with a shopping bag - the plastic sort - full to the brim with litter. I'd lay odds that, because of the denseness of the bank flora I missed many objects. The haul consists of one spray paint can, two large glass bottles, three or four small bottles, about the same number of aluminium cans and plastic containers - plus lids and shattered plastic and the ubiquitous paper and paper bags. This time I didn't find a bong - perhaps it's the recession?

Should you drive down 'my' street you probably wouldn't notice the litter. If one ignores the odd loud party and the few youngsters who seem to congregate on weekends to do whatever it is that teenagers do it really is a nice place to live. To me it's a minor problem. BUT - there's always a 'but' - I have a creek that runs down one side of my property. Unfortunately it now serves as a channel for the local (and not so local) drainage. Aluminium cans and any other thing that is subject to going with the flow seems to bounce down the declination. I have no doubt whatsoever that many fag ends sneak through my chicken wire filtering system.

So: I shall raise the subject - with some ire - that people who rely on others to clean up their own mess.
They'd lock you up round here for doing that! :wink:
Or H&S would declare it highly dangerous without protective equipment and threaten to take you to court, but yes I get the general drift its more than fag ends we need to worry about and Bolton councils ineptness at emptying the bins don't help one jot!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 pm

Bands cancelling gigs. My week was all planned - Morrissey on Sunday, Troubadours on Monday, Holloways and Cosmo Jarvis last night and Rumble Strips tonight.

Now, what happened at Morrissey is mentioned in another thread, and needless to say I was reet pissed off to have paid £30 to see him perform This Charming Man - much as I love the song. Anyways, I turn up at the venue for Monday's gig only for it to be a deserted bar with an empty stage with the barman informing me that they 'didn't turn up' so it was cancelled. 2 in 2 days. Great.

Last night's gig was brilliant - really enjoyed that, but was informed tonight that the Rumble Strips had cancelled! That makes 3 cancelled gigs in 4 fecking days. Frigging joke! Liverpool Music Week would be a hell of a lot better if there actually was some music!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 am

Hobinho wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/473 ... in_Bolton/

Another £20,000 added to the baths and bin shambles!!!! F*ck the failing apart roads!
I just put mine in the bins. Ive only set fire to one or two.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:18 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Not a route to enjoy by car each day. I'd be increasing normal journey time significantly due to the joys of M1 towards London, M25 and then down towards Canary Wharf :(
There's your problem.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:20 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
There's your problem.
I moved out of London earlier this year, for the very reason I think you are alluding to. Can't bloody win :(

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:41 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
There's your problem.
I moved out of London earlier this year, for the very reason I think you are alluding to. Can't bloody win :(
Get on yer bike! :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"