Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:You'd best avoid the front page of t'Sun then.
that's not difficult!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 am

If it weren't blocked I'd put it up here. "The Prime Monster"! Well it made me laugh..............

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 am

Interesting really. Imagine it was Thatcher (or Blair for that matter) when The Sun had declared themselves to be supporting them. There'd be a headline of 'Strong leadership needed', and an expose of the lilly-livered health and safety nightmare that is everything that is wrong with Britain on pages 2,3,4,5,6,7,8........
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

That's probably in the Mirror.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

Silly me.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Am I arsed that the leader of the country is prone to ruffling a few feathers when things don't go right? When these things affect millions of lives. Course I'm not. That's for the fluffy bunnies at the Mail to get upset over. I'd be more bothered if he didn't

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:28 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Am I arsed that the leader of the country is prone to ruffling a few feathers when things don't go right? When these things affect millions of lives. Course I'm not. That's for the fluffy bunnies at the Mail to get upset over. I'd be more bothered if he didn't
What!!!!! So kicking the cleaners when you cock up and things don't go well is ok then?

Brown belongs in another age and an other country!

Scotland should be granted independence ASAP and left to their own tax and spend devices, watch how many apply to live in England then :mrgreen:
Brown should be repatriated.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Interesting really. Imagine it was Thatcher (or Blair for that matter) when The Sun had declared themselves to be supporting them. There'd be a headline of 'Strong leadership needed', and an expose of the lilly-livered health and safety nightmare that is everything that is wrong with Britain on pages 2,3,4,5,6,7,8........
In the Sun? Nah, it'd be "HURD GETS TWATTED....(But Thatcher's Got Tits, So She's Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavly, Innit?)"

I've just heard that slimeball from the Tories claiming victory and saying it's "the last desperate act from the fag-end of a tire government". What, some piss-poor claims of someone who may or may not have been bullying someone, which has been blown out of all proportion by scum sucking leeches proclaiming to be the paragons of virtue? And you've used it to push your own personal gain? My, what a nice man you are. Can't wait to see you take the country into glory.

David Cameron. What a handpump.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:42 pm

thebish wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
William the White wrote:some pleasant frozen dog turds on the entwistle reservoir path yesterday... nice, considerate owners, obviously...
I've seen a ridiculous increase of dog poo sightings on my school'splaying fields, which double up as Wimbledon Rugby Club's ground, over the past twelve months. It's even got to the stage where I go there an hour before my first session to set up, just so I can try and find an area large and clean enough for us to have Games without the fear of a seven year old lad slipping in the stuff. Result? Freshly laid turd by the tme we get there.

The council have sad they'll patrol the area now. Yeah, like they'll have the resources available to do that regularly enough. Only time will tell, but punishment for failure to clean up after your dog should be similar to that if you'd dumped yourself.
same happened at Wiggin the other night I heard....
I played in a game once, where we had to shift cows off the pitch before the kick-off...

Bit o dog poo - nowt. :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:04 pm

The BBC (Radio 4) and their radio programming for Lent.

There is a legitimate argument about whether or not the BBC should carry religious programming at all - and - tbh I don't really give a monkey's chuff either way - BUT...

If they decide they ARE going to cover the religious Lent period with some programming - why do they ALWAYS choose a set of non-believers to do the programmes? It is never actually about lent at all!! If you don't want to do Lent and would rather do summat else - then go ahead - but don't CALL it a "Lent series"!

we've had "Devout Sceptics" - a bunch of people who drone on about how they don't believe but quite like the "idea" of Faith.

Now we have a "Lent Series" kicking off with Will Self reflecting on how art and religion interact. That may very well be an interesting programme in its own right - but why call it a "Lent Series"???

If we had some BBC coverage of a footballing occasion - the World Cup for instance - would the flagship programme in the BBC World Cup menu be a series of documentaries with a bunch of clever knob-cheeses talking about how they don't really like football but might watch some World Cup matches if they are forced to - but would rather analyse the effect Sport has on the media...??? No - they fecking won't!!!!

pah!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am

Settle down, thebish, possibly the BBC simply borrowed it from someone?

Sorry, my friend, I had night of interrupted sleep. *yawns*

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 am

people who run pub quizzes who know NOFFINK.

exhibit a, your honour:

"In what movie did Steve McQueen win his first Oscar?"

hmm, tricky one. Can't remember him winning one for The Great Escape. Bullitt, maybe? Yeah, let's go for Bullitt.

the answer our quiz'master' gave?

"The Color of Money."

Now, given the fact that it was in fact Paul Newman who won it is bad enough. Add to that the fact that Steve McQueen was dead when the film came out...I mean, come on.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 am

Paul Newman won an oscar for The ColoUr of Money? Pfffft.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Verbal wrote:people who run pub quizzes who know NOFFINK.

exhibit a, your honour:

"In what movie did Steve McQueen win his first Oscar?"

hmm, tricky one. Can't remember him winning one for The Great Escape. Bullitt, maybe? Yeah, let's go for Bullitt.

the answer our quiz'master' gave?

"The Color of Money."

Now, given the fact that it was in fact Paul Newman who won it is bad enough. Add to that the fact that Steve McQueen was dead when the film came out...I mean, come on.
Plus he never won an Oscar...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm

People who say they're good at photography and can work to a brief for a national magazine, then, with me cc'd in the email, send them 20pics taken from a pocket digital f*cking camera.

Absolutely fecking livid.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 am

Were they good pictures though?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Were they good pictures though?
Well the "bird" featured thought they were artisic at least!! :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 am

Verbal wrote:People who say they're good at photography and can work to a brief for a national magazine, then, with me cc'd in the email, send them 20pics taken from a pocket digital f*cking camera.

Have you seen 'In the loop'? Verbal?

Are you Peter Capaldi? :mrgreen:

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:30 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Verbal wrote:People who say they're good at photography and can work to a brief for a national magazine, then, with me cc'd in the email, send them 20pics taken from a pocket digital f*cking camera.

Have you seen 'In the loop'? Verbal?

Are you Peter Capaldi? :mrgreen:
:D I have, check my avatar.

Not quite got to that level where swearing becomes an artform though.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 am

The Yanks slipping us one up the dirtbox over 'Las Malvinas'. :(
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?