Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:47 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't have an issue with coffee shops myself.

But I do have similar issues with Subway. A bewildering choice and a bewildering set of questions.

I just want a ham salad.....

Won't go in again on principle!
I must share my tale with you here. One Saturday morning earlier in the year I was shopping on Middlebrook. I fancied a coffee, however, I couldn't be arsed walking over to Costa and had completely forgotten that there's a Starbucks by the cinema and as such went into Subway just to get a coffee.

I asked the dunderhead behind the counter for a large latte. His response? "Err, latte? OK, which bread would you like it on?".

I shit you not!
serves you right for ordering a friggin Latte! jesus, wtf is a friggin latte all about? see, just that word is making me angry!

What is that... Milk and coffee! ohhh who would've thought? Milk and coffee! Oh my God. What a drink! It's milk and coffee, mixed together!

[larry david :mrgreen: ]
im reading that line in LD's voice and its making my chuckle - dont suppose its very funny if you havent seen it!

check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNOB7FkSSM

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Today I'm agree about rain! Not the fact that its raining, but seeing rain rather than walking up a mountain side in it! Sigh
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:20 pm

jenkz wrote:Today I'm agree about rain! Not the fact that its raining, but seeing rain rather than walking up a mountain side in it! Sigh
i walked up a moderate hill in it yesterday and round a reservoir in it tonight.

it was wet.

and fun.

and a good preliminary to the roast chicken and chilean chardonnay I'm about to enjoy... :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 pm

William the White wrote:
jenkz wrote:Today I'm agree about rain! Not the fact that its raining, but seeing rain rather than walking up a mountain side in it! Sigh
i walked up a moderate hill in it yesterday and round a reservoir in it tonight.
it was wet.
and fun.
and a good preliminary to the roast chicken and chilean chardonnay I'm about to enjoy... :D
I walked around Farnworth in it this afternoon. I was wet. It was not fun. It was as far removed from fun as I can possibly imagine.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:12 pm

jenkz wrote:
Today I'm agree about rain! Not the fact that its raining, but seeing rain rather than walking up a mountain side in it! Sigh

I was up in't Lakes in it today. Was intending to do Blencathra and Mungrisdale but was there at 9 and by 11 it was still poor weather so gave it up. I drove on to Thirlmere and walked up through the forest in fine drizzle to Raven Crag. I'm a bit of a fine weather walker these days, I'm afraid. I've walked in all weathers over the years but not any longer. Fine or nothing nowadays.

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
William the White wrote:
it was wet.
and fun.
I walked around Farnworth in it this afternoon. I was wet. It was not fun. It was as far removed from fun as I can possibly imagine.
Nah you've got to love getting soaked, nothing more normal than rain. As long as its not followed by wind!

As for walking I would love to get up the lakes, most recent walk was hand climbing up Gordale Scar waterfall with a bottle of bubbly and a full picnic lunch on my back! Not a good idea.

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/image ... rfalls.jpg
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 pm

jenkz wrote:Nah you've got to love getting soaked, nothing more normal than rain. As long as its not followed by wind!
Why would rain give you wind, jenkz ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jenkz wrote:Nah you've got to love getting soaked, nothing more normal than rain. As long as its not followed by wind!
Why would rain give you wind, jenkz ?
I knew some smart alec would say that, I knew it. Just about right that it comes from a clown :P

You know what I mean though, it hate it! Except for when you got to play superman as a kid.
Nat Lofthouse:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:At one time, a cup/mug of tea was just that. Now, the coffee bollox has spread. "Earl Grey, Mint, Lemon, English breakfast etc?" I think they must teach it in schools of management. :wink:
The day cannot start right without a mug of Lapsang Souchong... :D
Tea is my favourite beverage. Plain, ordinary tea, milk, two sugars. If I had to drink that crxp I'd give up altogether.
You and my dad think so alike on so many things... lapsang souchong is, obviously, an acquired taste... to those who acquire it, it is a joy, a morning treat, as welcome as the lark announcing the morning and a celebratory affirmation that you you didn't die in the night.

It is not crap.

Unlike the collected works of Tennyson and the entire opus of the pre-raphaelites. Though it's true that they have a lot more than two sugars in them...

Just my opinion. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:27 pm

First of the day for me is an Earl Grey. I love the taste of the bergamot first thing so much that I end up trying to gulp down hot liquid - which isn't wise. Well, that and that I'm always on the minutes leaving the house.
May the bridges I burn light your way

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:31 pm

First of the day has to be a double espresso - couldn't function without it!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:33 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:First of the day has to be a double espresso - couldn't function without it!
The post-breakfast treat. My dinky espresso machine was a christmas present about 5? years ago... and has had some hammer since... :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:36 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:First of the day has to be a double espresso - couldn't function without it!
I had headaches last week - couldn't work out why - until I discovered M-I-L had bought decaf and decanted it into my coffee jar....

caffeine withdrawal is serious!

what is the point of decaffeinated coffee??

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 pm

William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:At one time, a cup/mug of tea was just that. Now, the coffee bollox has spread. "Earl Grey, Mint, Lemon, English breakfast etc?" I think they must teach it in schools of management. :wink:
The day cannot start right without a mug of Lapsang Souchong... :D
Tea is my favourite beverage. Plain, ordinary tea, milk, two sugars. If I had to drink that crxp I'd give up altogether.
You and my dad think so alike on so many things... lapsang souchong is, obviously, an acquired taste... to those who acquire it, it is a joy, a morning treat, as welcome as the lark announcing the morning and a celebratory affirmation that you you didn't die in the night.

It is not crap.

Unlike the collected works of Tennyson and the entire opus of the pre-raphaelites. Though it's true that they have a lot more than two sugars in them...
Just my opinion. :wink:
Touche. :lol:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 pm

thebish wrote:
I had headaches last week - couldn't work out why - until I discovered M-I-L had bought decaf and decanted it into my coffee jar....

If my daughter had married you, you'd have got worse than that!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 pm

thebish wrote:

Now there's interesting, Bish. We drink that much tea at work that my caffeine intake was giving me headaches. I've now gone onto decaf tea instead and haven't suffered a single headache since. :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: Now there's interesting, Bish. We drink that much tea at work that my caffeine intake was giving me headaches. I've now gone onto decaf tea instead and haven't suffered a single headache since. :conf:
I considered too much tea/cigarettes, as a possible problem for headaches once. Turned out I needed reading glasses. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: Now there's interesting, Bish. We drink that much tea at work that my caffeine intake was giving me headaches. I've now gone onto decaf tea instead and haven't suffered a single headache since. :conf:
I considered too much tea/cigarettes, as a possible problem for headaches once. Turned out I needed reading glasses. :wink:
I already wear them, Tango. I went for a re-test but everything was as-was.

But I agree that many people do tend to question all manner of other aspects before booking themselves in for an eye test.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

But I agree that many people do tend to question all manner of other aspects before booking themselves in for an eye test.
Very true. I have reading glasses, glasses for TV and football watching, Two pairs of magnifying glasses, an emergency pair that fold up to 2 inches that I always carry around, and a pair to help me find any and all of them when I can't (which is quite often). :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:09 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Very true. I have reading glasses, glasses for TV and football watching, Two pairs of magnifying glasses, an emergency pair that fold up to 2 inches that I always carry around, and a pair to help me find any and all of them when I can't (which is quite often). :D
are the TV & football ones rose-tinted? :wink: