Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 pm

they should censor the fecking rest of it n'all!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:06 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: Anyway today i am mildly angry about the fact you have no control over what you dream about. Random dream last night about a bloke i haven't seen in ages and was trying to forget. Whats that all about?!
:D I've had nightmares about him... :evil: Has he retired now?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:06 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:they should censor the fecking rest of it n'all!

Tis shite aye, but it's more the idea of cutting out the mildest of stuff coz it might offend somebody.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Auto Windscreens being happy to take £70 off me last week to cover the excess on a new windscreen, and me having to take time off unpaid for them to come and fit it today only for me to sit here waiting and waiting and waiting before looking into why they never arrived to find out they went out of business two days ago.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 pm

A phrase I heard trotted out (and a few varients) a number of times today on the radio.

"They're the Barcelona in Spain and we're the "English Barcelona"".

Surely you mean they're Barcelona and you're some pale imitation who haven't won anything for 5 fecking years? Or alternatively they're a great football team who win shitloads and we're a football team who believe we're excellent at passing but not ultimately that good at it, that it achieves owt of any significance.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:A phrase I heard trotted out (and a few varients) a number of times today on the radio.

"They're the Barcelona in Spain and we're the "English Barcelona"".

Surely you mean they're Barcelona and you're some pale imitation who haven't won anything for 5 fecking years? Or alternatively they're a great football team who win shitloads and we're a football team who believe we're excellent at passing but not ultimately that good at it, that it achieves owt of any significance.
I expect Barca will soon be saying "we're the spanish Arsenal..." :D :lol:

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Today I'm angry about Rastamouse.

Not the show itself. But the ridiculous reaction to it.

For those of you who don't know about it, Rastamouse is a CBeebies show about a crimefighting puppet mouse who is, as you'd guess, Rastafarian.

It's very sweet in a "the animation's good, the characters are good fun, and I can see why kids would love it" way. Obviously the mice have Rastafarian accents, as is the language.

So for there to be thousands of complaints to the BBC labelling it "racist", or to bemoan it as "killing the linguistic development of youngsters" is just toss. As is the assertion that the programme "infers that all black people are akin to rodents".

The complaints about the books these shows are based on weren't around when the books were published eight years ago. It's written by a (Rastafarian) husband and (white middle class) wife team in order to popularise the Rastafarian culture within a traditionally, well, English media.

Plus, and I'll tread carefully here....IT'S NOT A fecking DOCUMENTARY! It's a cartoon mouse, with an accent that isn't English. That doesn't mean that it's a fecking representative of an entire community. If that's the case, I'll be complaining to Hanna-Barbera asking why they seem to think that they can go round inferring that all talking crime fighting dogs with penchants for sandwiches all have speech impediments.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Sounds a bit like an up to date Cool Runnings in a way. Loved that when I was a kid mon!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Sounds a bit like an up to date Cool Runnings in a way. Loved that when I was a kid mon!
Great film, one of my favourites!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 am

'Sa Rastamouse vibration, spreading indignation, 'cross the Daily Mail population....................

Hat/Coat...........

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:or to bemoan it as "killing the linguistic development of youngsters"

Indeed.... let's get back those great linguistic development role models like, errr.. the clangers... the flowerpot men... the tele-fecking-tubbies....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 am

people pestering me for feedback from ebay purchases...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 am

well can you just hurry up and send the bloody thing then.

Please.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 am

Sniffers .... grown men sitting at breakfast or dinner tables in restaurants, sniffing.

Not little ones, not 'I've got a cold' ones ... but what is clearly a habit of deep, long, throat-rooted sniffing up.

A guy has been doing it these last 3 mornings in the dining room of a hotel in which I am staying.

I have now selected the over-sized fork which I am going to stick in his eye tomorrow. Is this reasonable, or should I warn him first ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am

bobo the clown wrote:Sniffers .... grown men sitting at breakfast or dinner tables in restaurants, sniffing.

Not little ones, not 'I've got a cold' ones ... but what is clearly a habit of deep, long, throat-rooted sniffing up.

A guy has been doing it these last 3 mornings in the dining room of a hotel in which I am staying.

I have now selected the over-sized fork which I am going to stick in his eye tomorrow. Is this reasonable, or should I warn him first ?

no warning required - well within the bounds of reasonablenessicity...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:32 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Sniffers .... grown men sitting at breakfast or dinner tables in restaurants, sniffing.

no warning required - well within the bounds of reasonablenessicity...
Why stick it in his eye? It's not his eye that's sniffing. There is the potential, that he could carry on sniffing with the added possibility of crying and wailing. Maybe removing the nose with a steak knife and rooting out the sinuses with the same would just leave you with crying and wailing.

I could certainly see the appropriateness of the overall approach though.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 pm

I think you should lock him in an underground dungeon gimp-like, and only bring him out when your Welsh neighbours piss you off so much that you give them a tour of it.

You did say you thought the crime stats were third-rate round you way, didn't you?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Never, ever, ever, under any circumstances, go to Japan in that case. Blowing your nose is considered extremely rude. The noises coming from adjacent restaurant tables when I was there in 2002 measured on the Richter Scale.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks all.

LK - he's actually in London though, so it'd be a bit of a hike to get him there, but it's a very positive option.

W4E - good point, though I was planning to poke it quite a way in so any wailing & crying would be pretty short lived, as would he.
The nose idea has a strength to it.

Bish - it's good to feel that I'm not being inappropriate about this.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaab - thanks for the warning.

I suppose what's pissing me off is that I want to say "will you stop doing that !!", but instead I'm sitting & quietly seething about it & being far to British about it all. I tried to avoid him by breakfasting early today but lo & be-fckg-hold, there he was. Probably going early to avoid that bald geezer glaring at him & seeming to be perusing the cutlery oddly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:50 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Thanks all.

LK - he's actually in London though, so it'd be a bit of a hike to get him there, but it's a very positive option.

W4E - good point, though I was planning to poke it quite a way in so any wailing & crying would be pretty short lived, as would he.
The nose idea has a strength to it.

Bish - it's good to feel that I'm not being inappropriate about this.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaab - thanks for the warning.

I suppose what's pissing me off is that I want to say "will you stop doing that !!", but instead I'm sitting & quietly seething about it & being far to British about it all. I tried to avoid him by breakfasting early today but lo & be-fckg-hold, there he was. Probably going early to avoid that bald geezer glaring at him & seeming to be perusing the cutlery oddly.

Buy yourself some blackjacks, chew on about 6 of 'em, and as you walk past his table let out an almighty sneeze/cough thingy, thereby coughing out huge sticky black blob of gunk onto his plate/lap/shoes. Then wander off muttering about pigeon lung or somesuch................