Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26626388

Lenny Henry pissing on about positive discrimination. Like he hasn't had enough leg-ups in his time.
I'm sure I read he's just had a pilot commissioned.
He has ... of his life-story as a youth.

Well THAT will be a few hours I can have for other things.
Don't knock it. Every moment he spends making 'serious' stuff or taking about 'issues' is a moment he doesn't spend trying to be funny!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26626388

Lenny Henry pissing on about positive discrimination. Like he hasn't had enough leg-ups in his time.
I'm sure I read he's just had a pilot commissioned.
He has ... of his life-story as a youth.

Well THAT will be a few hours I can have for other things.
Don't knock it. Every moment he spends making 'serious' stuff or taking about 'issues' is a moment he doesn't spend trying to be funny!
When he's demanding BAME (?! never seen that one before) quotas of 30% and even 50% on work it means he's not just not funny.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Really? Thought it was a fairly common acronym.

And it's Lenny fecking Henry. Whether he's got a point or not, no one is listening!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:Really? Thought it was a fairly common acronym.

And it's Lenny fecking Henry. Whether he's got a point or not, no one is listening!
You metropolitan types. You lose touch with the real World when you land down there for longer than a fortnight.

.... 30% & 50% ? He can f'cough. Even if you believe is positive discrimination at all, which I don't, that's ludicrous.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 pm

:D.

I do believe in it, as long as it's carefully considered and proportionate. The numbers Henry came up with, of which he wants 2 out of 3 (!) seem a liiiiittle high to me.

I prefer the EU model. If two candidates are roughly the same, you go for the one from the category you are trying to discriminate 'for', unless th eother can show they are better suited for the job.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Prufrock wrote::D.

I do believe in it, as long as it's carefully considered and proportionate. The numbers Henry came up with, of which he wants 2 out of 3 (!) seem a liiiiittle high to me.

I prefer the EU model. If two candidates are roughly the same, you go for the one from the category you are trying to discriminate 'for', unless th eother can show they are better suited for the job.
:hang:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Is this your decaf, tall, non-fat, pumpkin and spice latte, Sunshine? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

It remains discrimination. You don't right a wrong by creating another wrong. You also cast a shadow over any appointee and it irons-in that it's a gift, not a rihht.

It's bollox ... and it doesn't stop once a target is met. I appreciate you would like blame this when your career stalls at a mediocre level but don't paint us all into that corner with you.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is this your decaf, tall, non-fat, pumpkin and spice latte, Sunshine? ;)
Well common enough in that I've heard of it, so I'd expect someone who works in HR to have done!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It remains discrimination. You don't right a wrong by creating another wrong. You also cast a shadow over any appointee and it irons-in that it's a gift, not a rihht.

It's bollox ... and it doesn't stop once a target is met. I appreciate you would like blame this when your career stalls at a mediocre level but don't paint us all into that corner with you.
Ha will be no blaming from me.

1) positive discrimination isn't really a thing when it comes to what I want to do.

2) The principle outlined above works on the idea of 'who has come further?'. If someone else had got to the same standard I have without any of the privileges or advantages then it stands to reason that they are capable of more.

3) Mediocrity? Ha. No chance! Coming from the guy who works in employment and hadn't heard of BAME :D?! Plus I'm not sure the peddlers of mediocrity aren't those who want to keep hold of their built on advantages!

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Tottenham's a sh**hole im pleased I ignored my Spuds supporting dad and listened to my mother instead when deciding what team to support, it saves having to go through one of the few places in London which is getting worse over time every other weekend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03 ... d%3D251003
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:Nothing boils my piss more than corporate wackiness. On a train back to this that London and went for a whizz. Voice through speakers now says that we shouldn't use the toilet to flush away nappies sanitary towels paper gum....used phones, dreams or goldfish. The bin then has a sign saying 'Feed me paper nappies and sanitary towels'.

Oh do f*ck off.

This again! Plus they've fecking added a few more, one of which was 'letters from your ex'. Cocks. I spent a large part of this afternoon planning my list of things I'm going to flush down there, claiming that 'since you went into such detail with the phones and goldfish, I thought your list was exhaustive, and so this was the appropriate place to dispose of my replica WWII hand grenade, year's worth of used AAA batteries, and this unwanted fridge you awful, ghastly, wankers'.

I've been on Virgin trains which have been spectacularly late or full but I'm genuinely considering writing a first letter of complaint to them.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:29 am

danhorwich wrote:Tottenham's a sh**hole im pleased I ignored my Spuds supporting dad and listened to my mother instead when deciding what team to support, it saves having to go through one of the few places in London which is getting worse over time every other weekend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03 ... d%3D251003

Dan. For balance. Is Horwich a shithole now?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 2401,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am

↑↑↑↑ more shocking is that Crown Lane is where we were 'knock-door-running'. The street of the Panda Car spud gun !! 45 years later and we could have been stabbed for it ... which would be a bit of an overreaction.

Also ... taken to Wigan Infirmary ?? Really ?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:51 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ more shocking is that Crown Lane is where we were 'knock-door-running'. The street of the Panda Car spud gun !! 45 years later and we could have been stabbed for it ... which would be a bit of an overreaction.

Also ... taken to Wigan Infirmary ?? Really ?

The A&E at Bolton Royal is further isn't it?

And yes, Bobo. The streets just aren't safe anymore. :roll:

I'm not saying it's not bad in Tottenham Dan but there's nowhere that's exempt from the worst in society. And you'll find the best of society in the least likely places, if you spend any time there. And no, I don't mean walking to the nearest football stadium.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:58 am

danhorwich wrote:Tottenham's a sh**hole
^ for once I don't disagree with Dan. ;)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am

Gooner Girl wrote:

Don't you bloody start. I'm not an apologist for Tottenham but there's worse closer to home.....

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 2401,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Don't you bloody start. I'm not an apologist for Tottenham but there's worse closer to home.....

Hah! That caused quite a stir down here. Not a lot usually happens in Haywards Heath!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 am

↑↑↑↑ So YOU think.

Behind those verticle blinds lies a nest of debauchery and rectitude. Even the chicken feed boy had ideas of a Mrs Robinson moment don't forget. Not to mention the weirdo who photographs women long jumping .... "for coaching purposes" of course.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:35 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ So YOU think.

Behind those verticle blinds lies a nest of debauchery and rectitude. Even the chicken feed boy had ideas of a Mrs Robinson moment don't forget. Not to mention the weirdo who photographs women long jumping .... "for coaching purposes" of course.
:D you and your vivid imagination! Mrs Robinson moment indeed!

And the weirdo is not in my good books at the moment, he's now chairman of the club and been a bit of a git. :(

Anyway, I live in Lindfield, far posher ;)