Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:25 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-66086890

I hear they've put their best man on the case Pru
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:46 pm
Some knobhead scraped down the side of my car.

Bit of paper on the windscreen so I thought at least they stopped. No, a neighbour who'd seen them drive off and got their reg. Which I appreciate but doesn't help much.

Police website doesn't work (shock) and no doubt they'll be less than useless. Also no doubt won't be worth claiming on the insurance so hooray.
They don't take hit and run seriously in the UK? If it is expensive the insurance company might go after them. Or not. Sorry to hear about it, Pru, but if it is the worst thing that ever happens to you you'll have a great life.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:36 pm

We don't take crime full stop seriously anymore. If it isn't with a gun or knife, here's your police report nothing will ever happen (and even then...).

Stories of people having their phones nicked but with location tracer on so they know the house it's in and the police do sod all.

The fact I have their reg...maybe. But I'm not holding my breath. Main reason I'm (trying to) report it is because they can get the details of the owner with less faff.

Insurance company would possibly go after them, but excess (think it's called a deductible over there) plus the hit to my premium I'd expect to be comfortably higher than what I get quoted to fix it. I've only been insured in my own name for three years, £950, 800 and now 350. I much prefer that last one!

It's just annoying is all. If they'd left their details I'd have been fine, people feck up, but it's nice person behaviour.

Bwfc-I cheers for the SMART tip. It's only buffing and painting I think, is that what they do?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:15 pm

Other the insurance, Pru, don't talk to insurance unless you're going to actually claim. They adjust your premiums even if you don't on the basis "something happened."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:36 pm
We don't take crime full stop seriously anymore. If it isn't with a gun or knife, here's your police report nothing will ever happen (and even then...).

Stories of people having their phones nicked but with location tracer on so they know the house it's in and the police do sod all.

The fact I have their reg...maybe. But I'm not holding my breath. Main reason I'm (trying to) report it is because they can get the details of the owner with less faff.

Insurance company would possibly go after them, but excess (think it's called a deductible over there) plus the hit to my premium I'd expect to be comfortably higher than what I get quoted to fix it. I've only been insured in my own name for three years, £950, 800 and now 350. I much prefer that last one!

It's just annoying is all. If they'd left their details I'd have been fine, people feck up, but it's nice person behaviour.

Bwfc-I cheers for the SMART tip. It's only buffing and painting I think, is that what they do?
Yep and deal with any dents etc....if its just a scratch then there are ones who will do it at your house. The end results often look perfect.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:15 pm
Other the insurance, Pru, don't talk to insurance unless you're going to actually claim. They adjust your premiums even if you don't on the basis "something happened."
Failing to declare it would invalidate your insurance.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:39 pm

Depends on policy and if they find out...my mate clunked my back light putting his wife's mobility scooter in the boot. I ain't reporting it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:39 pm
Depends on policy and if they find out...my mate clunked my back light putting his wife's mobility scooter in the boot. I ain't reporting it.
He’s reporting to the police (and failure to do so is potentially an offence) so assume insurance can find out.

There are situations where people have been hit in car parks not reported it then found whoever hit then claiming on insurance and blaming them. You haven’t reported to police or insurer (who cancel your policy as a result in most cases) and yea…it’s not a good place to be.

If your car has been hit by another you should always report to police and insurer. It sucks but the risk of not doing so isn’t worth it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:47 pm

I thought it's was hadn't reported as the website wasn't working...

Risk v reward...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:40 pm

Seems to be a bit of a nightmare. Over here, if you can prove it was the other person's fault (even though we have no fault insurance) your insurance rates won't go up even for a large claim. In Pru's case it sounds as if he should quietly repair himself rather than claim as it is minor. Still, if you can find the culprit, present him with a bill.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:44 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:40 pm
Seems to be a bit of a nightmare. Over here, if you can prove it was the other person's fault (even though we have no fault insurance) your insurance rates won't go up even for a large claim. In Pru's case it sounds as if he should quietly repair himself rather than claim as it is minor. Still, if you can find the culprit, present him with a bill.
You can report it and not claim still. The trouble is they tend to use the fact you’ve reported one to reassess your risk and increase premiums. If you don’t report it almost certainly your insurance is invalidated. Obviously they need to find out about it…but there are lots of cases where this happens now sadly.

Insurance is a bit of a scam really.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:43 pm

Ordered something online over a week ago. It was only £3.50, but when I added the special delivery postage (2-4 days) got up to ~£12.50...

Rang the shop this morning (politely) to find out what was happening on the order, to be told. "It's a lot of effort for a £3.50 item, that's out of season." I wonder what they were going to do with my hard earned, given they clearly hadn't bothered in the week or so, since they took the cash for the transaction...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:43 pm
Ordered something online over a week ago. It was only £3.50, but when I added the special delivery postage (2-4 days) got up to ~£12.50...

Rang the shop this morning (politely) to find out what was happening on the order, to be told. "It's a lot of effort for a £3.50 item, that's out of season." I wonder what they were going to do with my hard earned, given they clearly hadn't bothered in the week or so, since they took the cash for the transaction...
I'm still waiting 7 weeks for a part ordered for my bike!
The beep won't answer emails, when you phone they say they are still awaiting delivery from their supplier, even though they said it was in stock there and should be about a week.
My fault I guess should have read further down on their reviews, it's happened a few times, folk got their goods, eventually.
I'd go down and see them for a quiet word but the buggers in Lincoln! Guess my reviews across as many sites as possible won't please them when it eventually arrives.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:50 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 am
Worthy4England wrote:

The beep won't answer emails, when you phone they say they are still awaiting delivery from their supplier, even though they said it was in stock there and should be about a week.
My fault I guess should have read further down on their reviews, it's happened a few times, folk got their goods, eventually.
I'd go down and see them for a quiet word but the buggers in Lincoln! Guess my reviews across as many sites as possible won't please them when it eventually arrives.
I genuinely think it's mis-selling when they advertise something "in stock" and "next day delivery" and then recant...There should be penalties for it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:00 am

I once met and became friendly with a female junior school teacher. We were talking about insurance and she said she had cancelled all but the most critical house insurance etc. I asked her about contents etc and she said, for what value she could claim and all the paraphernalia involved on what was no more than a possibilty, she saved a fortune by cancelling them all. She might have had a point.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:50 am
Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 am
Worthy4England wrote:

I genuinely think it's mis-selling when they advertise something "in stock" and "next day delivery" and then recant...There should be penalties for it.
Update on the part, phoned the bloke up, he was very apologetic said he'd ordered the part and paid the supplier he's not very impressed. Offered a full refund but I said I want the bars. It seems the Italian company givi have the goods manufactured in Spain and that's were the problem is. Bloody Spanish!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:43 pm

The bull xxxx and nonsense that make headline "news". Even the B.B.C isn't immune. Add to that the amount of attention seeking "me too" nonsense that hordes swarm too like flies round a jam jar. Not saying any more or I''ll be classed as amongst them.......Grrrrr

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:54 pm

Would this be in reference to England ladies team being "Blonde and Blue Eyed" by any chance?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:54 pm
Would this be in reference to England ladies team being "Blonde and Blue Eyed" by any chance?

Actually, it was based on a Spanish minister kissing a player B.B.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Look away now TD!! Interesting to hear the applause yet none of the women you could see in the audience were clapping!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66621146
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"