Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:40 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:38 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:57 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm
Thank you very much Microsoft, but I don't want, or need the Windows 11 you just managed to screw up all my website shortcuts etc with, trying to unload themselves on me. Even screwed my e-mail up. I still have a quill and pen.... :evil:
Edit. I'm a somewhat limited user of a computer needing it only for news purposes, film watching, e-mail and a few favoured forums, Wanderers, dance, art and Google and Google images etc. I was quite happy with X. P. Professional till the powers that be up in technology land stopped updating that. Then my p.c. blew up and the next one had Windows 10 which was forever updating, and now, come the New Year Windows XI has arrived and kicked 10 into touch. I'm sure it's me, but how do the rest of you feel about this?
But Tango.... Windows 11 cuts through complexity and brings you simplicity. They said so. What more could you ask?
Don't know what I've done, Monty, ( pure fluke) but somehow I've got back to an "as you were" situation" on an up-dated Windows 10 and got all my sites back. Here's where it stays. I started my computer life with Word-Star, ( black screen, green text and pacman ping-pong, ) progressed to Excel, Powerpoint and Word and Internet explorer....and then it all got beyond my needs. A bit like somebody with a jet-ski on a village duck pond. Cutting off updates is just like motorway toll booths, no pay, no go.

Ah, the joyful days when I got a Waterman fountain pen for Christmas ... :lol:

Edit: Or it might have been a Platignum..I had both along the way.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:43 pm

TANGO, you should always read the 'guff' before you launch into an update - Microsoft or not.
In this case Microsoft was explicit in defining the minimum requirements of a computer's ability to run the new WINXI.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:07 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:40 am

Ah, the joyful days when I got a Waterman fountain pen for Christmas ... :lol:

Edit: Or it might have been a Platignum..I had both along the way.. :D
I had a Parker 51. Maybe I still have it somewhere.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:30 pm

A week ago my son flew to England to work on the simulator at the Fleet Air Arm, Yeovilton. Doing his bit to help save those in peril on the sea. Somewhere between Heathrow and Yeovilton he caught Covid and has been isolated in a pub in Mardock. A week later he is still testing positive. This is no way to treat visiting good Samaritans. Personally I blame Boris.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:12 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:30 pm
A week ago my son flew to England to work on the simulator at the Fleet Air Arm, Yeovilton. Doing his bit to help save those in peril on the sea. Somewhere between Heathrow and Yeovilton he caught Covid and has been isolated in a pub in Mardock. A week later he is still testing positive. This is no way to treat visiting good Samaritans. Personally I blame Boris.
In a pub you say? Boris would be proud!

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:12 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Can't say I've heard of Mardock but it sounds quite attractive to me. Some folk would kill to be holed up for a few days in a country pub in the English shires.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Pub has a restaurant which they say is mentioned in Michelin. I'm not sure what "mentioned" means. It could be good or they might say "Don't ever go there". Unfortunately my poor boy is not allowed out of his rooms (apparently two bedrooms, with kitchen and living area. Could be worse. He also travels to Australia where I gather covid accommodations are not too nice.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Can't say I've heard of Mardock but it sounds quite attractive to me. Some folk would kill to be holed up for a few days in a country pub in the English shires.
Yes, I believe it is a nice place. Unfortunately as I mentioned to Worthy he is not allowed out of his rooms. He tested positive again today. He needs two negatives to be let loose, or next Thursday after which no one seems to care.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:17 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
..., isolated in a pub in Mardock. A week later he is still testing positive.
As would I, mate. As would I. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:38 pm
Gudnib wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Yes, I believe it is a nice place. Unfortunately as I mentioned to Worthy he is not allowed out of his rooms. He tested positive again today. He needs two negatives to be let loose, or next Thursday after which no one seems to care.
Not allowed out of his rooms!!!
Don't blame Boris. He lets folk out of their rooms. I'd blame the media or Sir Kia or both. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 am

That Zouma video

Heard about it from Mrs G and there's no way I'll be watching it. Filmed by our former favourite, his brother, apparently. What is it with these w*nkers? :evil:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 am
That Zouma video

Heard about it from Mrs G and there's no way I'll be watching it. Filmed by our former favourite, his brother, apparently. What is it with these w*nkers? :evil:
I've seen it so you don't have to. What an absolute c*nt. He basically drop-kicks it across the kitchen floor, then after chasing the poor thing all round his kitchen he goes on to whack the it across the face when some kid? holds it up. Truly awful and I hope the RSPCA get to have a fecking field day with him.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 am
That Zouma video

I've seen it so you don't have to. What an absolute c*nt. He basically drop-kicks it across the kitchen floor, then after chasing the poor thing all round his kitchen he goes on to whack the it across the face when some kid? holds it up. Truly awful and I hope the RSPCA get to have a fecking field day with him.
I hope the RSPCA take it further, from what bbc sport says Met Police aren’t even investigating. Surely animal cruelty is a crime? West Ham are ‘dealing with it internally’ which is a bit of a cop out too imho.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:17 am

From Bruce's description I'm absolutely staggered that the Met aren't investigating it. Time for another U turn from Cressida Dick I think.

I'd be wanting him sacked if i was a West Ham fan.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:39 am

Honestly I’ve not seen the full thing as I simply couldn’t manage it. But saw the first bit as he drop kicks it. It’s absolutely sickening and completely mindless. How can a human being do that to an animal. Beggars belief. And the met soon trot out their famous ‘we won’t be investigating’ line.

Absolutely clear that the police in this country aren’t fit for purpose.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:19 pm

When you could have written war and peace in the time it takes something to load on your laptop, Grrr :evil:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:06 pm

Not me but my youngest. Much crying in the bath here tonight from him as he wailed that “he only got time to take the knee’ in his himself vs himself football game in the garden before his mean mother interrupted kick off and sent him to get ready for bed. “But it’s still light outside! It’s not bedtime yet!” The traumas of being a 6 year old…

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:28 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:06 pm
Not me but my youngest. Much crying in the bath here tonight from him as he wailed that “he only got time to take the knee’ in his himself vs himself football game in the garden before his mean mother interrupted kick off and sent him to get ready for bed. “But it’s still light outside! It’s not bedtime yet!” The traumas of being a 6 year old…

We’ve all been there. As the wounded 6yo that is, not the mean mother!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:12 am

Putin
Fuel Price increase
Energy Price Increase
Council Tax increase
Car hire increase and paying to cross from NI(UK) into Eire (cheers Brexit)
Profiteering
Inflation
Back pain
Sugar deprivation
Bread deprivation
Chocolate deprivation
Boris Cvnting Johnson and his Fvcking disinterested Cvnts of a 'Government'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:34 am