Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by taddyontoast » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 am
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... pfi-scheme

The good old Tony days eh? :twisted:

The truth is slowly coming out about what the brilliant Labour party did for all of us in those "good old boom times", lord help us if Corbyn ever gets in.

Just out of interest... what's the evilest/baddest nasty thing that you think Corbyn would do? Your number one fear from a corbyn govt?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:27 am
Receiving a penalty charge notice of £100 for parking on a hotel car park I was staying at. The booking confirmation email (via a 3rd party) and the hotels own website both stated it was free parking, with no conditions attached. The really, really annoying thing is that this charge was for a brief stay, whilst I changed before visiting friends. I returned later for an overnight stay, so i’m expecting another charge in today’s post. The letter states there is a terminal in reception to enter your reg number. At no point was I directed to said terminal and didn’t notice any signs, though the wankers at Parking Eye said there are signs in the car park. That would be fine, except for the fact the hotels own site says free parking. I had no reason to check for signs. Angry doesn’t begin to cover it! Utter cxnts! 😡
Update on this, if anyone is interested. Emailed the hotel and they have instructed Parking Eye to cancel the charge. Tellingly, the woman I contacted, told me she files her emails by charge reference number . Goes to show that this is far from a one-off. Wankers! The lot of ‘em!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:53 pm

taddyontoast wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am
Hoboh wrote:

The truth is slowly coming out about what the brilliant Labour party did for all of us in those "good old boom times", lord help us if Corbyn ever gets in.

Just out of interest... what's the evilest/baddest nasty thing that you think Corbyn would do? Your number one fear from a corbyn govt?
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell ... plete.html

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:53 pm
taddyontoast wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Personally I'd have gone for "put Diane Abbot in a position of power or responsibility"
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:53 pm
taddyontoast wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Personally I'd have gone for "put Diane Abbot in a position of power or responsibility"

Much, much worse than that!

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by taddyontoast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Fair enough - i kinda had in mind an actual "thing" like a policy of summat rather than some kind of list of women you are scared of... but, hey, it takes all sorts! 😎

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 pm

taddyontoast wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm
Fair enough - i kinda had in mind an actual "thing" like a policy of summat rather than some kind of list of women you are scared of... but, hey, it takes all sorts! 😎
Loathing is far from scared me 'owd sparrow

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 pm
taddyontoast wrote:
Which policy do you want to start with?

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by taddyontoast » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm
Hoboh wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:

Well - as i think i asked (and really just out of curiosity) - the one that scares you most...

But, really - no bother if you'd rather not say - just trying to pinpoint the heart of the anger!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am

taddyontoast wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm
Hoboh wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:

Well - as i think i asked (and really just out of curiosity) - the one that scares you most...

But, really - no bother if you'd rather not say - just trying to pinpoint the heart of the anger!
I’d be curious to know too. The Conservative party are keen to paint him as the bogey man, and potentially the most dangerous thing that could ever happen, and much of the media are keen to jump on board with that. Sure, there have been some pretty left wing policies mooted but from what I remember his manifesto at the last election was actually fairly solid labour issues rather than Trotsky-lite stuff that tends to be suggested.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm

There's nothing in his domestic policy agenda that "scares" me. Bit further left than me, but fine.

What does scare me is a) his lack of judgment (probably the most important quality in a PM) and b) his international outlook and what that means for our international relations.

I think I'd rather have him PM than Johnson, but it's close, and they are historically bad choices, even in an age of pygmies.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm
There's nothing in his domestic policy agenda that "scares" me. Bit further left than me, but fine.

What does scare me is a) his lack of judgment (probably the most important quality in a PM) and b) his international outlook and what that means for our international relations.

I think I'd rather have him PM than Johnson, but it's close, and they are historically bad choices, even in an age of pygmies.
One big plus point in Corbyn’s favour Is his choice of football team ;)

I like him. Far better choice then that buffoon Johnson. Not saying he’d make the best pm ever but he really can’t do worse then Boris.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Politicians and football? I think you'll find very little interest up here in any teams south of Watford Gap G.G. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I like him. Far better choice then that buffoon Johnson. Not saying he’d make the best pm ever but he really can’t do worse then Boris.
Yeah but have you seen the kip of Corbyn's front garden? Absolute disgrace :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Politicians and football? I think you'll find very little interest up here in any teams south of Watford Gap G.G. :wink:
Interesting, cos there’s lots of Liverpool and United/City fans down south. I know of only one Bolton supporter who lives down here and he’s Nigerian so I think that’s cos of the Okocha link. 🤔

Anyway, today I’m angry at myself for not getting a filling done when told. Just had a very painful dentists appointment and a possible future big bill. :(

Look after your teeth people!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:45 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Yeah but have you seen the kip of Corbyn's front garden? Absolute disgrace :)
I can’t comment. I have the worlds best neighbour who makes my front garden look amazing. Despite having parents with degrees in horticulture and botany the green fingered gene passed me by...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:54 pm

"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Bloody hell. 😳 Who’s that idiot? 🤔

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Proper Lol’d at that. Nice one HG! Always reassuring to know there’s people out there who have been bigger berks with their teeth then you have! 🤔😂

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Proper Lol’d at that. Nice one HG! Always reassuring to know there’s people out there who have been bigger berks with their teeth then you have! 🤔😂

😢 Hope you have to have all yours pulled out now. 😜