Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:06 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:34 pm
Crazy unreasonable sentences. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-61718262
Harsh sentence undoubtedly but I'm not having it that an experienced geologist didn't know he was breaking the law.
A geologist deals with ground structure H.G. . Fitton isn't an archeologist who might be seen as knowing differently. Make the punishment fit the crime surely.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:44 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Crazy unreasonable sentences. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-61718262
Harsh sentence undoubtedly but I'm not having it that an experienced geologist didn't know he was breaking the law.
A geologist deals with ground structure H.G. . Fitton isn't an archeologist who might be seen as knowing differently. Make the punishment fit the crime surely.
Nah TD, you don't need an ology to know you can't just help yourself to antiquities. Agree re the punishment though. An excessively harsh sentence and not even the maximum punishment which was a death sentence 😳
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
You need to read up the full story, Harry. These were apparently fingernail sized fragments lying about the place, which he cleared taking in advance with both the guide and the official Bod as they were neither artefacts nor items of any historical interest or value.

Do we owe them for more tanks again or summat?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:24 am

^ aye, I saw a bit more this morning. The tour guide had had a stroke and this chap stayed behind to be with him. Talk about unlucky.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:18 am

Harvester have made alterations to their salad bar. I can't be arsed reading up on whet they are, specifically, but that's not the point.....
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:04 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:18 am
Harvester have made alterations to their salad bar. I can't be arsed reading up on whet they are, specifically, but that's not the point.....

Subliminally excellent. :pray:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:04 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:18 am

Subliminally excellent. :pray:
No-one? :conf:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Rowe vs wade

I’m not massively pro abortion at all but I do believe that sometimes there is no other option in certain terrible situations, and for this to be over turned (by a bunch of mostly old men) making it illegal in many U.S states is terribly sad and worrying. Women deserve the right to make decisions about their own bodies and I believe few would enter into this decision lightly. This isn’t going to stop abortion, it’s going to stop safe abortions, risking the lives of mothers and babies. :cry:

Why are American men in positions of power such knobheads about everything? If they were that pro life then why give out so many unneeded gun licences for a start? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:55 pm
Rowe vs wade

I’m not massively pro abortion at all but I do believe that sometimes there is no other option in certain terrible situations, and for this to be over turned (by a bunch of mostly old men) making it illegal in many U.S states is terribly sad and worrying. Women deserve the right to make decisions about their own bodies and I believe few would enter into this decision lightly. This isn’t going to stop abortion, it’s going to stop safe abortions, risking the lives of mothers and babies. :cry:

Why are American men in positions of power such knobheads about everything? If they were that pro life then why give out so many unneeded gun licences for a start? :conf:

Only those (or their families) faced with such a situation ( abortion) should even be commenting on what you rightly call a "terrible situation", and even then the decision should not be a voting matter. The rest is unwanted opinionism. Rather than quote God, best pray he'll tell you (us) what to decide if that should happen. Better still, pray it never does. Your conscience is for life, not three months

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Rowe vs wade

Only those (or their families) faced with such a situation ( abortion) should even be commenting on what you rightly call a "terrible situation", and even then the decision should not be a voting matter. The rest is unwanted opinionism. Rather than quote God, best pray he'll tell you (us) what to decide if that should happen. Better still, pray it never does. Your conscience is for life, not three months
I think it’s fair for anyone to comment on this decision which is horrific. Women should be able to choose what to do with their own bodies. Not elected old men.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:50 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Rowe vs wade

I think it’s fair for anyone to comment on this decision which is horrific. Women should be able to choose what to do with their own bodies. Not elected old men.
Define "fair" and how it applies here? How can you even make a law that's "fair and just", the very bedrock of law principles, in relation to abortion ? I repeat, individual conscience, not law, should be the judge and jury. You say "women should be able to choose", then let them. They're the ones who'll have to live with it. Of course, there may be men involved too, but that again is a decision for within four walls, and not a voting matter. The whole thing is walking on international quicksand, beware not falling in.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:30 pm

^^ That would be great TD, if they were leaving it to individual conscience. What this determination does, doesn't do that. It's sorta the point being made

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:19 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:30 pm
^^ That would be great TD, if they were leaving it to individual conscience. What this determination does, doesn't do that. It's sorta the point being made
I'm going against my own arguments/views by even commenting on any of it Worthy, but I've avoided giving views on the rights or wrongs of abortion although I have them. Effectively, all I've really said is that the whole issue of a public vote on something that is totally private and individual is wrong and unsolvable, so effectively I'm agreeing with you. It's a totally subjunctive topic in that wish and hope don't equal reality or human nature. A choice that can tear families apart, cannot be resolved by a political numbers vote..ever. I doubt you could achieve total agreement in your street on that never mind the world.

Pax Tecum...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:24 pm

It's complicated, I'll leave it at that.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:31 pm

I think everyone can agree that abortion is a complicated, emotive subject and that opinions on it will differ hugely, but whether you think abortion is right or wrong is immaterial here, what I’m angry about is the fact we seem to be taking a step back in time and women are not being allowed to make decisions about what happens to their own body. Abortions are going to happen whether people like it and agree with them or not, so surely accepting that and providing a safe, legal place for them to happen quickly and as stress free as possible is better then driving them to take place later and later on in the pregnancy in unsafe or stressful conditions when the baby is further developed. That seems more inhumane to me. I don’t think you even have to agree with abortions to agree with that?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:37 pm

Anger doesn't really do it. A missile hit on shopping mall full of women and kids eighteen miles away from any war action?

A sobering thought: Ukraine is quoted as two and a half times bigger than U.K. Russia approximately seven times bigger than us with with seventy times more inhabitants. Not that any of that would matter against pushing a button of course. Lunacy..

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:37 pm
Anger doesn't really do it. A missile hit on shopping mall full of women and kids eighteen miles away from any war action?

A sobering thought: Ukraine is quoted as two and a half times bigger than U.K. Russia approximately seven times bigger than us with with seventy times more inhabitants. Not that any of that would matter against pushing a button of course. Lunacy..
I think if this continues to escalate, with Putin still in power, we could well see a tactical nuclear strike by the Russians. Given that we are an island nation it would be reasonable to assume that Russia could take us out as a warning to the rest of the world to back off. A strike on Manchester would devastate the area for 100 miles around but leave London's infrastructure to capitulate. We will have 90 seconds notice to bend over and kiss our arses goodbye.

:?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:05 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 am
TANGODANCER wrote:

I think if this continues to escalate, with Putin still in power, we could well see a tactical nuclear strike by the Russians. Given that we are an island nation it would be reasonable to assume that Russia could take us out as a warning to the rest of the world to back off. A strike on Manchester would devastate the area for 100 miles around but leave London's infrastructure to capitulate. We will have 90 seconds notice to bend over and kiss our arses goodbye.

Thanks for that cheery thought on a Tuesday morning GtE.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Gotta be honest, I've I'm going to do that as Vlad, I'm not taking out Manchester leaving London to capitulate, I'm Guy Fawksing it and dropping it on Houses of Parliament and letting the rest work it out...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:16 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Gotta be honest, I've I'm going to do that as Vlad, I'm not taking out Manchester leaving London to capitulate, I'm Guy Fawksing it and dropping it on Houses of Parliament and letting the rest work it out...
I’m personally hoping for Manchester as it’s a bit further away from here. Miss GG has a cricket tournament to play in next week :wink: