Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:27 pm
Look away now TD!! Interesting to hear the applause yet none of the women you could see in the audience were clapping!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66621146
Quite how anyone can defend a man kissing or touching a woman without their consent is beyond me. It’s absolutely disgusting that we have such attitudes. I mean she didn’t want it. He forced it. She isn’t happy. How is the in any way defensible?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:03 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Look away now TD!! Interesting to hear the applause yet none of the women you could see in the audience were clapping!

Quite how anyone can defend a man kissing or touching a woman without their consent is beyond me. It’s absolutely disgusting that we have such attitudes. I mean she didn’t want it. He forced it. She isn’t happy. How is the in any way defensible?
It might be worthy of notice that I passed no opinion either way, just simple at "headline news". Just mentioning
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:03 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

It might be worthy of notice that I passed no opinion either way, just simple at "headline news". Just mentioning
Eh? I was commenting on the folks in the audience clapping?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:41 am

About every line you could cross in 2023, he's managed it. Whether it's Internationally newsworthy? I think there's probably bigger news stories - but it isn't passing with no comment, TD..

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:37 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:41 am
About every line you could cross in 2023, he's managed it. Whether it's Internationally newsworthy? I think there's probably bigger news stories - but it isn't passing with no comment, TD..
Heck, it even had a ten minute segment on CNN tonight competing with the Wagner plane crash and the Trump mugshot. And this in a country where footie is low down in the national interest. The announcer was horrified that today's speech was applauded by what they said was a primarily male audience. They described the applause as the last pathetic gasp of Spanish machismo.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:47 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:37 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:41 am
Heck, it even had a ten minute segment on CNN tonight competing with the Wagner plane crash and the Trump mugshot. And this in a country where footie is low down in the national interest. The announcer was horrified that today's speech was applauded by what they said was a primarily male audience. They described the applause as the last pathetic gasp of Spanish machismo.
Looks like we might need more popcorn. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:59 pm

Nanny state.

My son is coming up to his 21st birthday this weekend. He looks older than 18. Where the fcuk has discretion gone from licensed premises. Having been a muppet and losing his provisional and letting his Passport expire, he doesn't actually have a physical proof of ID (both are in the post for renewal). But when did the default become "No age ID, no entry?" - The law doesn't say that as far as I can tell, it says if the responsible person doesn't think someone is 18, they should check. World's gone mad.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:59 pm
Nanny state.

My son is coming up to his 21st birthday this weekend. He looks older than 18. Where the fcuk has discretion gone from licensed premises. Having been a muppet and losing his provisional and letting his Passport expire, he doesn't actually have a physical proof of ID (both are in the post for renewal). But when did the default become "No age ID, no entry?" - The law doesn't say that as far as I can tell, it says if the responsible person doesn't think someone is 18, they should check. World's gone mad.
Trading Standards come down on both licensees and staff like a ton of bricks if you get it wrong. We're also pressured to be strict with the look under 25 then ID check them. I've just had a run in with them over tobacco and vaping - it was surreal. Most places will generally over compensate with checks as it is a nightmare if you get on TS radar.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:16 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:21 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Nanny state.

Trading Standards come down on both licensees and staff like a ton of bricks if you get it wrong. We're also pressured to be strict with the look under 25 then ID check them. I've just had a run in with them over tobacco and vaping - it was surreal. Most places will generally over compensate with checks as it is a nightmare if you get on TS radar.
Yeah, mate, I understand why. Just think it's poorly executed and has de facto removed anyone using their brain. The other thing is, if my son is having a beer with me, fairly obviously over 25, then I'd be happy for any potential fine to be against me, as I can pretty obviously vouch that he's over 18. T'other thing is you only need to be 14 to have a beer with a meal!

I'm great with people checking, if they're unsure, but that shouldn't be a proxy for no ID, no entry. He's got pics of his birth cert, provisional license and expired passport, but they don't apply any nous there either.

He's been denied entry with his physical passport because it was "expired." That's just plain fcuked.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:39 pm

He's still him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:16 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:21 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Nanny state.

Yeah, mate, I understand why. Just think it's poorly executed and has de facto removed anyone using their brain. The other thing is, if my son is having a beer with me, fairly obviously over 25, then I'd be happy for any potential fine to be against me, as I can pretty obviously vouch that he's over 18. T'other thing is you only need to be 14 to have a beer with a meal!

I'm great with people checking, if they're unsure, but that shouldn't be a proxy for no ID, no entry. He's got pics of his birth cert, provisional license and expired passport, but they don't apply any nous there either.

He's been denied entry with his physical passport because it was "expired." That's just plain fcuked.
Completely agree, but the staff member and licensee would under current rules get in a shitstorm. To give you an idea of what we're up against...

TS didn't think we were filling in the refusal log enough (tobacco) so decided in her report to state we didn't have a log. When I pointed out we had a log, that she saw it and had held it in her hands and commented on it, she said, yes, but you don't have one because I don't think you use it. In the same report we were supposedly selling an illegal vape. I checked the database she told me I had to check and lo and behold, it was listed and therefore legal. She said it wasn't in the database she checked, which wasn't the database she told me it legally had to be listed in. There was more, but it gives you an idea of the nonsense retailers and licensees have to navigate.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:03 pm

I'm not really shouting at license holders (other than they don't legally need an ID and could use common sense), my son doesn't look under 18, but nor does he look 40. The situation makes it so that the safety is default "ask for ID"

There's a tw@t at our local garage won't serve my 30 year old daughter (not like he's never fvking seen her before - served her plenty) without ID, she forgets it and has to come back home.

My son's GF's mum had to produce ID in Brighton, she is 40 and you'd have to be on drugs to think she was under 18.

Needs to fcking stop.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:16 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:03 pm
I'm not really shouting at license holders (other than they don't legally need an ID and could use common sense), my son doesn't look under 18, but nor does he look 40. The situation makes it so that the safety is default "ask for ID"

There's a tw@t at our local garage won't serve my 30 year old daughter (not like he's never fvking seen her before - served her plenty) without ID, she forgets it and has to come back home.

My son's GF's mum had to produce ID in Brighton, she is 40 and you'd have to be on drugs to think she was under 18.

Needs to fcking stop.
And then with all this enhanced ‘checking’ and tightening of the system the kids all know the shops and pubs that still turn a blind eye and serve people without too much questioning.

I don’t really see (not blaming license holders here but the creep of government nonsense) what’s wrong with how it used to be….do you think they are clearly over 18? Ok crack on, are you unsure…then check with ID….

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:51 am

Yup. I just nipped to shops to buy a packet of Lemsip. Queue at the tills, thought a I'd use the self checkout. Transaction stopped "Please wait for an assisstant"... The machine nearly went outta the window.

You can't set laws based on the fact that someone might OD on 15 packets of Lemon flavoured...I mean at that sorta price it'd be almost compulsory...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:35 am

Don’t get me started on self checkouts. In principle I like them. The practice is thought that half don’t work. The ones that do are often so temperamental that they fail to recognise that something has been placed in the baggage area of the weight that corresponds to the item you just scanned. And finally and really the big issue you need a member of staff there paying attention to help with errors or age checks or security tag removals…yet it’s the Marie Celeste most of the time with self checkouts all occupied ‘waiting for assistance’ and massive queues building up. Progress….yeah right.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:37 am

And that often you'll be stood in a massive queue while huge banks of them are just switched off. Because they still need some staff to oversee and they don't want to pay anyone.

So they pocket all the benefits while the customer experience gets worse and people lose their jobs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:25 pm

FML - had to nip back for some hay-fever tablets...I'm now in full on Victor Meldrew!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:37 am
And that often you'll be stood in a massive queue while huge banks of them are just switched off. Because they still need some staff to oversee and they don't want to pay anyone.

So they pocket all the benefits while the customer experience gets worse and people lose their jobs.
Spot on. Initially they were time saving and queue reducing. Now they just make everything worse because they’ve skimped on staff.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:05 pm

To make it even more idiotic they cost 10 x more than a traditional till, not to mention the management software. I won't have them anywhere near my wee supermarket.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:49 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:05 pm
To make it even more idiotic they cost 10 x more than a traditional till, not to mention the management software. I won't have them anywhere near my wee supermarket.
I dislike them as well, give me humans, even sullen ones over these things any day.