Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:34 pm

I am guilty of thinking some very bad and un-Christian thoughts about those fireworks, or more precisely the people who spend a lot of time (and money) letting the xxxxing things off.. Three nights before tonight now, we've had the dog going frantic barking at every bang (are all fireworks Thunderflashes these days?), and that's an awful lot of barks. He's a great little guard dog and any noise outside "his" house ( we only live here to look after him, see) sends him off. Tonight we had to put him upstairs in the dark to calm him down. Tonight is November 5th, so fireworks are to be expected, but not Thursday, Friday and Saturday too, till well after midnight. And will it end tonight?? Could we be that lucky?. Somehow, I just don't think so. Hey up, here we go again..... :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Here we go again... another mental retard who likes to jack off to the sound of fireworks.
Fxckin' absolute wankers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 am

Can't understand the thinking of a Welsh council who ordered a marksman to shoot to kill a rare Lynx that had escaped from a zoo (not that it should have been there in the first place). The "hunter" hired by the council says tranquilising the lynx (which is about twice the size of a domestic cat, hardly Sher Khan), was never an option as the animal was a danger to the public? Why not a net then tranquiliser, since it was found under a caravan on a car park. Hope the "hunter" feels all proud of himself this morning. People from the zoo were on the scene but told by the authorities not to interfere with the "operation". Utter Bollox by the council. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 am
Can't understand the thinking of a Welsh council who ordered a marksman to shoot to kill a rare Lynx that had escaped from a zoo (not that it should have been there in the first place). The "hunter" hired by the council says tranquilising the lynx (which is about twice the size of a domestic cat, hardly Sher Khan), was never an option as the animal was a danger to the public? Why not a net then tranquiliser, since it was found under a caravan on a car park. Hope the "hunter" feels all proud of himself this morning. People from the zoo were on the scene but told by the authorities not to interfere with the "operation". Utter Bollox by the council. :evil:
I agree. Utter Bollox by the council. Stupid nice people.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 am
It is disgusting. I mean they are very little danger to humans. I guess the only mitigation for this is that they were concerned that she was frequenting more densely populated spaces and had she attacked a child they'd have been pilloried...however that was very, very unlikely. She was less dangerous than a lot of "household" dogs that are left around kids.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:12 pm

It was asleep under a caravan but some nonsense protocol meant they felt they had to photograph it, guy trying to take the picture stumbled and startled it and they panicked.

They're only twice the size of a normal cat and scared of humans. Absolute shambles.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 pm

To make matters worse a 2nd one has died in a 'mishandling' incident at the place that lost the one that was shot. Fecking idiots :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

A new annoyance is in town... A mustachioed (no, not that), South African (nor that) playing videos on his smartphone (ok, that is annoying, but not new) of aircraft landing and taking off, at full fxcking volume. It took a full fifteen minutes before I requested that he desisted. He ignored me. And then completely blanked other voices raised in sympathy with my humble plea. Plans are afoot that Will make him Regret that ignorance.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm
A new annoyance is in town... A mustachioed (no, not that), South African (nor that) playing videos on his smartphone (ok, that is annoying, but not new) of aircraft landing and taking off, at full fxcking volume. It took a full fifteen minutes before I requested that he desisted. He ignored me. And then completely blanked other voices raised in sympathy with my humble plea. Plans are afoot that Will make him Regret that ignorance.
An utterly rude, ignorant and selfish South African male? Surely no such fellow exists. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
An utterly rude, ignorant and selfish South African male? Surely no such fellow exists. :D
The fxcker's a vaper too! He's back in tonight, minus the aircraft videos. He bought a round (for all three of us early doories) and then whipped out his vapy stick :evil:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
The fxcker's a vaper too! He's back in tonight, minus the aircraft videos. He bought a round (for all three of us early doories) and then whipped out his vapy stick :evil:
Does your local allow vapouring, Spotty?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Yep, all the fxckin pubs round here tolerate it. There's just one, the Barley Mow, where anything's ever said. The rest (Jug&Glass, Dead Poets, Greyhound, Remarkable Hare, Moca, Fishpond, the other Barley Mow, Yew Tree, etc etc etc) just let the vapers vape. Unless the non-vaping locals are in cahoots, and then pub people power allows us to tell 'em to vapourise themselves outside, and the landlords/ladies don't stop us doing that. But most of the locals are smokers and its rare us non-inhalers to manage a quorum. Thankfully vapers are still a tiny minority. I'd estimate it to be:
Locals and Tourists non smoking 85%
Locals non smoking 20%
Locals who vape 5%
Tourists who vape inside the pub - virtually 0%
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Yep, all the fxckin pubs round here tolerate it. There's just one, the Barley Mow, where anything's ever said. The rest (Jug&Glass, Dead Poets, Greyhound, Remarkable Hare, Moca, Fishpond, the other Barley Mow, Yew Tree, etc etc etc) just let the vapers vape. Unless the non-vaping locals are in cahoots, and then pub people power allows us to tell 'em to vapourise themselves outside, and the landlords/ladies don't stop us doing that. But most of the locals are smokers and its rare us non-inhalers to manage a quorum. Thankfully vapers are still a tiny minority. I'd estimate it to be:
Locals and Tourists non smoking 85%
Locals non smoking 20%
Locals who vape 5%
Tourists who vape inside the pub - virtually 0%
I don't really understand these stats. Since 20% of locals are non-smokers, 80% of locals smoke, of which 5% are vapers. Overall in England, led than 16% of adults (ergo pub-users) are smokers. Therefore Matlock has five times the national average of smokers. It must be a very stressful place. I put this down to the number of locals who may, inadvertently, have once sat in Spotty's seat.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm

The fact they're regularly in a boozer on a Wednesday afternoon, suggests they're not part of the National average! ;-)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm
The fact they're regularly in a boozer on a Wednesday afternoon, suggests they're not part of the National average! ;-)
I think you've hit the nail on the head.

One particular pub, the Boat, I think every regular drinker in there, but me, smokes. There are about 14 who I'd call regular smokers. 1 of them vapes, but he does it outside with his buddies.
On an average day there must be thirty to forty passing trade touristy types in. Virtually non of them ever join the regulars having a smoke out the back, but invariably, on an average day, at least four will whip out their vapy sticks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 pm

The budget...countries in a mess...pay down and cost of living up.....seriously disabled people worse off by significant amounts thanks to immoral benefits system....families using foodbanks more and more often...huge Brexit disaster looming....Hammond has to announce major cuts to growth forecast...yet he's stood up there cracking jokes.

Time for a revolution.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 pm
The budget...countries in a mess...pay down and cost of living up.....seriously disabled people worse off by significant amounts thanks to immoral benefits system....families using foodbanks more and more often...huge Brexit disaster looming....Hammond has to announce major cuts to growth forecast...yet he's stood up there cracking jokes.

Time for a revolution.
French or Russian style?

I'd guess comrade Stalin style is your cup of tea, execute all those property owners with bank accounts and pensions, except for me.

Or

Long live the DPRK! (DPUK)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Time for a revolution.
A benefits system that's immoral... hmmm, I need to run that one through my noodle a few times. Nope, still oxymoronic.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Time for a revolution.
A benefits system that's immoral... hmmm, I need to run that one through my noodle a few times. Nope, still oxymoronic.
A very small hill I am willing to die on is insisting that an oxymoron is only an oxymoron if despite the apparent contradiction the phrase still works, otherwise it's just a contradiction. So you were agreeing with BWFCi :twisted: ?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Time for a revolution.
A very small hill I am willing to die on is insisting that an oxymoron is only an oxymoron if despite the apparent contradiction the phrase still works, otherwise it's just a contradiction. So you were agreeing with BWFCi :twisted: ?
I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with him. I was simply stating that an immoral benefits system is an oxymoron. Are you disagreeing with that?
(although I will admit that my use of oxymoronic, as opposed to composing the sentence using oxymoron instead, was deliberately aimed to leave the reader with ...moronic as the final subliminal impression.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください