Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:59 pm
Apologies in advance, if this doesn't apply, but there are circumstances where you can buy discounted travel vouchers TD, which can be used for some taxis etc..

£60 is bloody extortionate.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/travel-vouchers
Thank you for the tip Worthy. I'll have a look at that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:26 pm
My arthritis is so bad I have to use a wheelchair if I go out and Christmas day we're going to my sons for the day. We have use a taxi with a ramp. Wife rang up today to book a there and back journey from one local firm. She was informed all taxi firms are charging double on Christmas Day. It usually costs £30 for a 3.4 mile trip, Farnworth to Breighmet, now it's £65 ....Merry Christmas lads... :evil:
Sorry to hear this, Tango, hope you get some relief in time.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:39 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
My arthritis is so bad I have to use a wheelchair if I go out and Christmas day we're going to my sons for the day. We have use a taxi with a ramp. Wife rang up today to book a there and back journey from one local firm. She was informed all taxi firms are charging double on Christmas Day. It usually costs £30 for a 3.4 mile trip, Farnworth to Breighmet, now it's £65 ....Merry Christmas lads... :evil:
Thanks Monty, an old age thing. One day at a time.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:19 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:18 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:39 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thanks Monty, an old age thing. One day at a time.
TD

Will ring and ride not help?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:52 pm

Blind people with guide dogs refused entry into supermarkets and taxis. Surely, in this day and age....There but for the Grace of God....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:40 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:52 pm
Blind people with guide dogs refused entry into supermarkets and taxis. Surely, in this day and age....There but for the Grace of God....
Are you sure, Tango? It's against the law to refuse access to a guide dog.

Also, regarding taxis, the law seems pretty clear on this also.

'If the passenger is a guide dog owner, it is a criminal offence to refuse to carry their dog, or to charge extra for doing so. The only exception to this is if the driver has a medical exemption certificate from the licensing authority due to a genuine medical condition that is aggravated by exposure to dogs'.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:40 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:52 pm
Are you sure, Tango? It's against the law to refuse access to a guide dog.

Also, regarding taxis, the law seems pretty clear on this also.

'If the passenger is a guide dog owner, it is a criminal offence to refuse to carry their dog, or to charge extra for doing so. The only exception to this is if the driver has a medical exemption certificate from the licensing authority due to a genuine medical condition that is aggravated by exposure to dogs'.
I read it in yesterdays Bolton News Bruce, since removed....Two of the offenders were Tesco (who later apologised) but apparently taxis are still a problem because of dogs.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:46 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:25 am

I read it in yesterdays Bolton News Bruce, since removed....Two of the offenders were Tesco (who later apologised) but apparently taxis are still a problem because of dogs.
I did read a short while ago that someone with a guide dog was refused a ride by one of our local taxi companies, which is how I knew they aren't allowed to, other than for medical purposes.

I'm all in favour of bringing this kind of shitty behaviour to the public's attention, including naming the company names.
Like the blind haven't enough to contend with FFS!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:46 am

I'm all in favour of bringing this kind of shitty behaviour to the public's attention, including naming the company names.
Like the blind haven't enough to contend with FFS!
It's far from a new issue Bruce. Main problem seems to be (and I know this from countless times we had to ring around half a dozen companies when we had a shit-tzu,) because the drivers claimed animals were fouling their cabs, so no dogs. There were times when family were working and we had to get to the vets. If you found someone prepared to take them they were like gold. It's obviously changed in the main, but back then the argument was a dog is a dog, guide dog or no.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Think there's a different case for guide dogs and pets...as it happens Uber allows you to select Uber Pet, now...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:57 pm

Whilst we're about it. Evri (aka Hermes) how fcuking shite have they been over December? Should have their trading status suspended for my money...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:37 am

Blood donations.

I'll be as brief as I can. I have been a Blood Donor for some time now. I am proud to have donated over 30 times.

Earlier last year I was diagnosed as having Exercise Induced Bronchial Constriction, a condition which made me cough violently during exercise. I was prescribed two types of inhaler and my condition was monitored over a few months. During this period they decided to give me a CT scan of my upper chest. This led to the discovery of calcification of three of my arteries around the Heart.

They referred me to the Liverpool Chest and Heart Clinic for further tests. Whilst waiting for the tests I was due to give blood and ticked a box on the questionnaire saying I was undergoing heart tests. I was immediately suspended from donating.

Long story short I underwent a heart and lung stress test and was given a clean bill of health by one of the Senior Cardiologists, including a letter to my GP and to Blood.org, saying that I was as fit as a fiddle. I then had to attend a meeting with Blood.org wherein they reviewed the letter and agreed I could continue donating. My last donation was in early October.

On the 24th December I received a letter stating I was no longer allowed to donate following a further review of my notes. Nothing has changed. They haven't discussed it with me or the Senior Cardioligist. I have appealed but it's fallen on deaf ears.

Not happy.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:33 pm

That’s frustrating, from someone who’s received blood transfusions I thank you - I’m not allowed to donate because of receiving, but I did donate breast milk. Probably not an option for you. 🤔

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:57 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:33 pm
That’s frustrating, from someone who’s received blood transfusions I thank you - I’m not allowed to donate because of receiving, but I did donate breast milk. Probably not an option for you. 🤔
I would say not.......but obviously I would if I could........ :conf:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:18 pm

Flat battery on wifie's car, so I order on the drive replacement. Guy turns up and I open car manually...Say to him "how do we pop the boot?" (as it's in the back not under the bonnet), got a "wtf you on about?" look followed by an I dunno....at which point he fcuked off to his van...a few vids on YT later, I've dropped the back seats and asked "can we drop battery in this way?" Apparently not, they're heavy. This guy's probably mid-20's, I'm pushing 60...."Can I do the heavy lifting, I mean they're not like 60Kg are they, they're about 20?" "That won't work, I'd have to bend to get to the old one to remove it"....Couple more videos and I pop the boot...he changes battery...How the fcuk he'll get through life, I have no idea...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:28 pm

Re the above: Been a fair while now since I was driving, but there used to be a garage on Bradford Road (near the library). The guy there was a genuine mechanic who knew his job and knew what a butterfly on your carburettor was and all sorts of wonderful things. Nothing was too much trouble and he was always available to turn out. Sadly, I think he must have he passed on or retired as he wasn't a young man, and the place closed. Mechanics? what's one of those?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:15 pm

We've a good mechanic up the road. He just comes and picks up the car and it comes back sorted. I just keep him supplied with Buckie :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:46 pm

Some knobhead scraped down the side of my car.

Bit of paper on the windscreen so I thought at least they stopped. No, a neighbour who'd seen them drive off and got their reg. Which I appreciate but doesn't help much.

Police website doesn't work (shock) and no doubt they'll be less than useless. Also no doubt won't be worth claiming on the insurance so hooray.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:46 pm

Bit of paper on the windscreen so I thought at least they stopped. No, a neighbour who'd seen them drive off and got their reg. Which I appreciate but doesn't help much.

Police website doesn't work (shock) and no doubt they'll be less than useless. Also no doubt won't be worth claiming on the insurance so hooray.
Really annoying. Depends how bad it is but SMART repair places can do a lot now. And frankly I've seen them work miracles.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:46 pm

Yeah - it's proper scrotey. :whack: