Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:29 pm

The BBC sport website.

It's where I tend to get my sport news from, seduced by the combination of a lack of garish advertising and their natural conservatism when it comes to deciding what is in fact "news".

I overlook their attempts to push Dorris-ball and swallow the bile that comes from clicking on a link about an Arsenal-Man City game I thought I'd missed only to find out I couldn't care less as it's basically a story about sponsored park football.

But, I'm really struggling at the moment with the way seemingly every other article has a "vote" at the end of it. Currently, we have an article about Leicester's struggles along with a "vote" as to whether they will go down. Why? What on earth is the point of that nonsense. "63% of people have "voted" Leicester to stay up". It's messing with the bounds of reality.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:The BBC sport website.

It's where I tend to get my sport news from, seduced by the combination of a lack of garish advertising and their natural conservatism when it comes to deciding what is in fact "news".

I overlook their attempts to push Dorris-ball and swallow the bile that comes from clicking on a link about an Arsenal-Man City game I thought I'd missed only to find out I couldn't care less as it's basically a story about sponsored park football.

But, I'm really struggling at the moment with the way seemingly every other article has a "vote" at the end of it. Currently, we have an article about Leicester's struggles along with a "vote" as to whether they will go down. Why? What on earth is the point of that nonsense. "63% of people have "voted" Leicester to stay up". It's messing with the bounds of reality.
I vote you are right. :wink: It's all part of the great T.V "con the public" school of advertising/participation grab their attention clicks ohh-ha, where all the bank staff, motgage advisors and lawyers ( oops) are queuing up to give you a friendly smile and a helping hand. Where every ad ends with a "what/which/howmany etc, will you choose?. You don't actually "have" to fall for it though, that's the bonus. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:53 pm

You might not know anything about the issue, but I bet you reckon something...
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Prufrock wrote: "63% of people have "voted" Leicester to stay up". It's messing with the bounds of reality.
Elitist snowflake. It is clearly the will of the people. The EPL should rule out the possibility of them being relegated based on this.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:You might not know anything about the issue, but I bet you reckon something...
It's a sad indictment of the way we live.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:06 am

I know some people on here despise the Mail but ffs this really takes the biscuit!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uined.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just shows money cannot buy class nor fcuking brains, I see she has not given it away to charity if it makes her so sad or is the cash running out and she needs more?
Clearly the money she spent on her tits and trout pout must have been of great importance!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:17 am

I think you're still not getting the idea that it's despised because it is an untrustworthy source with an editorial remit to make people angry, by whipping up hatred and division based on untruths and old wives tale supposition.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think you're still not getting the idea that it's despised because it is an untrustworthy source with an editorial remit to make people angry, by whipping up hatred and division based on untruths and old wives tale supposition.
I think 'you don't get it', the story is in the Indy and other outlets but yeah 'cause hoboh put a link to the mail, it's bullshit.

The reason I read the mail actually is because it is the quickest and easiest app to use on your mobile, do I take everything as gospel? No, I check other sources if it is of interest, but hey some of us have not got all day waiting for hi-brow 'in the know' (sarcasm) web sites to load.

All news outlets use sensationalist twists to their agenda, the fcukin' Guardian is a left wing feminist rag that sometimes has good investigative stories.

Who was pushing for the leeches to stop suing the army and persecuting ex-soldiers and has won?

Oh yeah, that's right it was the 'nasty' mail.

Who highlights the abuse of the use of an ever growing flood of secret court cases?

Oh yeah, that's right it was the 'nasty' mail.

Rock on matey! :oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Not the feminists!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:Not the feminists!
T'would help if you legal beagles posted with a touch more clarity. :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:09 pm

It'll only make you angrier.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:It'll only make you angrier.
:D :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:11 am

It isn't just how the Mail report things, it is what they choose to report and not report and the emphasis they put onto things that suit their editorial direction.

People who soak that in day in day out will inevitably end up with an incredibly twisted view of the world. Hence "white man goes crazy and shoots a load of people" will be probably described as a "mentally ill loner" a Muslim man does the same and will always be a "Muslim terrorist". It can sometimes be subtle. But still is incredibly pervasive.

And the same goes for the Guardian. Though the guardian don't rely on outrage and "shock" headlines.

Though it does puzzle me, why someone wouldn't use the BBC for news. Their app loads very quickly. As does their website.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:02 am

Because they keep asking people to vote on pointless things.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:41 am

Prufrock wrote:Because they keep asking people to vote on pointless things.
And is there some mandatory acquiescence?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:09 am

Is that the test? Charity muggers aren't annoying becuse you don't *have* to stop and talk to them? Cold-callers not annoying because you don't *have* to consider taking their quick, easy test as to whether you had PPI?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:42 am

Prufrock wrote:Is that the test? Charity muggers aren't annoying becuse you don't *have* to stop and talk to them? Cold-callers not annoying because you don't *have* to consider taking their quick, easy test as to whether you had PPI?
No. Clearly I'm more tolerant of folk trying to earn a crust that you. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:Is that the test? Charity muggers aren't annoying becuse you don't *have* to stop and talk to them? Cold-callers not annoying because you don't *have* to consider taking their quick, easy test as to whether you had PPI?
:D Just goes to show we all have pet hates, mine just happens to be right now a dimbo bimbo who wants to sue Camelot, money getting low or is it a case of look at me I haven't been in the lime light for a while?
Anyways you look at it if you google her past, she clearly has not suffered from her spending splurge, except maybe for the fish lips and balloons.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
:D Just goes to show we all have pet hates, mine just happens to be right now a dimbo bimbo who wants to sue Camelot, money getting low or is it a case of look at me I haven't been in the lime light for a while?
Anyways you look at it if you google her past, she clearly has not suffered from her spending splurge, except maybe for the fish lips and balloons.
I haven't read the story, but taking the threat to sue aside? (Is it a real threat or is it blown up from nowt?)

Surely it does make sense that winning a substantial amount of money can induce great pressures. I remember hearing a story about a bloke who committed suicide (or tried to, can't remember which) a year or so after winning, because of pressure from friends and family.

Its like young footballers from poor backgrounds suddenly earning huge contracts. They can go off the rails quickly as they just aren't mature enough yet for that sort of money.

I think winning when you are older with kids and relatively settled in life is one thing. But can imagine an 18 year old winning does bring about huge pressures, as stupid as that may sound to some.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Senior advisor to Trump interviewed below...

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/ ... 0728062976" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fcking hell. Scary. Beyond scary.