Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 pm

White chocolate kit Kats mmmm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 pm
White chocolate kit Kats mmmm
Wrong thread? Or are they making you angry?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 am

Anger is such a wasted emotion but bloody hell have any of you been following the case of the subpostmasters v the Post Office and their horizon software?

I'd urge anyone to give themselves 10 minutes and read this

https://t.co/7efd2oBl5O?amp=1

Absolutely outrageous and a nightmare of Kafka esque proportions to be embroiled in.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:15 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 am
Anger is such a wasted emotion but bloody hell have any of you been following the case of the subpostmasters v the Post Office and their horizon software?

Absolutely outrageous and a nightmare of Kafka esque proportions to be embroiled in.
I didn't know anything about it until yesterday, and I guess I'm not alone.

What an absolutely disgusting, and yes, enraging state of affairs. Those poor, poor people.

If Ken Loach doesn't make a film out of this then there isn't another film in him. And I think it'll take something like a Ken Loach film to give this absolute outrage the levels of coverage, and the subsequent awareness it so truly deserves.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 am

Extraordinary. ICL and HMG have a lot to answer for and hopefully pay out in compensation.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat May 29, 2021 7:09 pm

I’m not angry, but a 10 year olds rage knows no bounds... :shock:

Youngest son just (accidentally) tipped water on his sisters bought today (£6!) out of her own money ‘Beano summer special’ comic. She is gutted, bless her. I’ve just spent the last half hour with a hair dryer trying to rescue it!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:28 pm

Angry, stunned, perplexed, deeply saddened that Ambulance staff will in future be fitted with bodycams due to a rise in attacks! ATTACKS?! On Ambulance staff?! What the actual feck?!?! :conf: :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Angry, stunned, perplexed, deeply saddened that Ambulance staff will in future be fitted with bodycams due to a rise in attacks! ATTACKS?! On Ambulance staff?! What the actual feck?!?! :conf: :evil:
Crazy, inexplainable but typical of what life has become amongst bored kids who stone buses and attack fire engines. Couple of years back I was on a bus going up Crescent Road in Farnworth; One of the stops was outside a greengrocer's shop and a bunch of kids grabbed apples from a box outside and pelted the driver through the open bus door just as he was setting off,before legging it laughing. Luckily the driver wasn't hurt. Far worse was the half house brick through my vehicle windscreen from the bridge over Stoneclough Road whilst working as a security giard for GrOUP 4. Nobody was ever caught. Crazy.

We got up to all sorts of tricks as kids, but nothing vindictive like today.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Crazy, inexplainable but typical of what life has become amongst bored kids who stone buses and attack fire engines. Couple of years back I was on a bus going up Crescent Road in Farnworth; One of the stops was outside a greengrocer's shop and a bunch of kids grabbed apples from a box outside and pelted the driver through the open bus door just as he was setting off,before legging it laughing. Luckily the driver wasn't hurt. Far worse was the half house brick through my vehicle windscreen from the bridge over Stoneclough Road whilst working as a security giard for GrOUP 4. Nobody was ever caught. Crazy.

We got up to all sorts of tricks as kids, but nothing vindictive like today.
Most of these attacks are from adults who've had too much to drink or are on drugs....not sure why you think its down to 'bored kids'.

Its a real problem not just for ambulance staff but in A&E and walk in centres.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Most of these attacks are from adults who've had too much to drink or are on drugs....not sure why you think its down to 'bored kids'.

Its a real problem not just for ambulance staff but in A&E and walk in centres.
Aye, in the case of Ambulance and N.H.S. staff, which is what Bruce was relating to, "kids"is a bit protracted and not really relevant.. I was being general. Sorry if I confused.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:31 pm

A friend of mine became a paramedic several years ago. She was assaulted 3 times in her first 6 months in the job. When I last spoke to her, she didn't seem in the best mental health and was telling me how her and many of her colleagues, were hard drinkers and developed a bit of a siege mentality and comradeship in and out of work.

It was all a far cry from the young happy, go lucky lass I once knew, who just wanted to help people.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:09 pm

I know 2 people who left the NHS paramedics. One went to Uber and one to DHL delivering freight

Shite pay, shite hours, shite management and get routinely smacked about by dickheads they're trying to help. Such a pity really
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:08 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:09 pm
I know 2 people who left the NHS paramedics. One went to Uber and one to DHL delivering freight

Shite pay, shite hours, shite management and get routinely smacked about by dickheads they're trying to help. Such a pity really
Pay, hours and management issues are all government responsibilities based on finance and it's about time they were brought into line and dealt with. Surely the current climate has highlighted the importance of all three? Till she retired my wife worked on J2 ward and even at their advanced ages the staff had to do top up self defence classes every so often. That's at least understandable with mentally disturbed patients, but drunks, druggies and clowns are so protected by soft laws that they have no regard for those trying to treat and help them. It really is a wonder anybody takes up a "vocation" in medicine and health, because it's far more than just a job. A change of law and a week on solitary with bread and water would make getting arrested for violent crimes far more of an issue. It'll never happen mind, soft society will see to that.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:04 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:09 pm

I spent an afternoon in A&E today. Christ. The absolute worst of Bolton being cared for by the best of society. Largely it was people waiting patiently for their turn amongst the hard pressed staff, but there was a significant group of self entitled gobshites complaining loudly about having to wait. I can't understate my admiration for the staff.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:10 am

Hang on Harry, that can't be right, everyone knows the real problem in the NHS is health tourism by 'Foriners' and asylum seekers overwhelming the system. The Daily Heil, sorry Mail, says so.

How dare you try to blame New Bury and Tonge Moor's finest for violence, intimidation and theft. We won the war you know or at least the RAF from Bolton did, I hear it every away match.

We were once the country of Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Nightingale and Turner. Now we're the country of Robinson, Hopkins, racist footie hooligans and women who lift their skirts to pish in the streets of Faliraki and Shagaluf.

Great Britain. Feck me.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:18 pm

The melonhead fan who just caused that massive crash in today's tour de france opening stage.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:21 pm

So hundreds of billions of pounds spent on dodgy contracts to friends of the Tory party during the pandemic are fine. Including 37billion for a track and trace system run by perennial failure (and yes friend of the Tory party) Dido Harding that has never once been fit for purpose is all fine we just will borrow it. Borrowing rates are low so don’t worry about the 200bn extra borrowing.

But 4bn in foreign aid? Nah we’ve got to claw that back at a few weeks notice cos we can’t afford it. Even though that money is literally life and death for millions we just can’t afford it.

The word scum is used sometimes too liberally. But I just can’t think of a better way to describe these specimens.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:42 pm

^^

If there are any honest politicians from local councils upwards, please stand up and show yourselves. ""Property Development and Planning is the new legal scam. They talk about new housing estates and golf courses whilst turning the "cuts" screw ever tighter on the taxpayers. I dread to think what Bolton will be like in ten years time; a giant Christmas tree with lights and glitter, but no presents.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:10 am

We were once the country of Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Nightingale and Turner. Now we're the country of Robinson, Hopkins, racist footie hooligans and women who lift their skirts to pish in the streets of Faliraki and Shagaluf. Great Britain. Feck me.
Apropos of not much, and just for interest and quickly, B.B.,all the Bronte sisters were dead under 40. ( one thirty and one under thirty) Charlotte was 38, their father a repressive bully and their brother a drunkard. Jane Austen died at 41. Shakespeare reached his sixties. Dante was 56 when he passed . Rudyard Kipling reached 70, but was hardly an ancient. The youngest of the Romantics to pass was Percy Shelley who died at just 29 in Italy from drowning.;

ae:)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:30 pm
Bijou Bob wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:10 am

We were once the country of Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Nightingale and Turner. Now we're the country of Robinson, Hopkins, racist footie hooligans and women who lift their skirts to pish in the streets of Faliraki and Shagaluf. Great Britain. Feck me.
Apropos of not much, and just for interest and quickly, B.B.,all the Bronte sisters were dead under 40. ( one thirty and one under thirty) Charlotte was 38, their father a repressive bully and their brother a drunkard. Jane Austen died at 41. Shakespeare reached his sixties. Dante was 56 when he passed . Rudyard Kipling reached 70, but was hardly an ancient. The youngest of the Romantics to pass was Percy Shelley who died at just 29 in Italy from drowning.;

ae:)
I suspect Keats was a little younger than Shelley.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.