Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:55 pm

thebish wrote:you say "shouldn't"... it is, of course entirely legal to bury someone in your back garden as long as the permission of the person who owns the land where the burial is to take place is obtained and legal requirements regarding the location and depth of the grave are met.

(it might not help with the resale value of your house, though!)
Shit hot, I own the land, bookings being taken sorry no stones as I have to park the car somewhere.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... azca-lines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tree hugging vandals, shoot 'um!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:you say "shouldn't"... it is, of course entirely legal to bury someone in your back garden as long as the permission of the person who owns the land where the burial is to take place is obtained and legal requirements regarding the location and depth of the grave are met.

Shit hot, I own the land, bookings being taken sorry no stones as I have to park the car somewhere.
Unless you live in Cornwall, the Crown owns all the land in the UK.

They just let you use it (even when it's freehold - freehold just means free of lease charges - so not leasehold). This is how they manage to get away with Compulsory Purchase Orders and the like, when they want to build a new motorway etc. and why intestate land reverts to the Crown.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

They just let you use it (even when it's freehold - freehold just means free of lease charges - so not leasehold). This is how they manage to get away with Compulsory Purchase Orders and the like, when they want to build a new motorway etc. and why intestate land reverts to the Crown.
Not quite true, Worthy, according to Hansard:

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for February 11, 2009: Land

Andrew George: To ask the Secretary of State for Justice (1) who the absolute owner of land is in (a) England, (b) Scotland, (c) Northern Ireland, (d) Wales, (e) Cornwall and (f) the Isles of Scilly; [255057]

Bridget Prentice: The Crown is the ultimate owner of all land in England and Wales (including the Isles of Scilly): all other owners hold an estate in land. Although there is some land that the Crown has never granted away, most land is held of the Crown as freehold or leasehold. If there is no other owner, land will belong to the Crown, the Duchy of Lancaster or the Duchy of Cornwall.

Responsibility for land law and succession law in Scotland and Northern Ireland is devolved. Questions about land law in these jurisdictions should be addressed to the Scottish Executive and the Department of Finance and Personnel in Northern Ireland respectively.
Of course Prince Charles is the Duke of Cornwall and the Queen is the Duke of Lancaster so those lands basically belong to the Crown as well.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 pm

I did spot Cornwall...The Crown is the ultimate owner in any event (as it could revoke the two Duchy's)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

When I get the last few parts for my DIY Apache just let 'um try to take it!!

As of now I'm a Republican :mrgreen:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 am

I found that a similar situation applies where I live. On my 21st birthday my parents handed to me the title to a block of land in a place called Wentworth Falls. Whilst the title (Torrens Title if you want to follow it up) allows you the privilege of using the land for building or other purposes it does not include anything below the land; nor does it preclude the 'Crown' stealing it from you. Whilst I received a paltry amount in compensation, which was about one third of the going price at the time, when the then current department responsible for the environment decided that they had a better use for it. My wife and I had plans for that block of land as the site for our retirement. I'd been paying council rates for years for no benefit and was somewhat disturbed (read 'pissed off') when this bolt came out of the blue. I had a rather unfriendly discussion with a representative of the department which resulted, and I paraphrase, in an answer somewhat like 'You can take us to court if you like but it'll cost you more than the block is worth on the market'. He was right, of course, but I felt like a downtrodden plebeian at the time. :twisted:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:40 am

Dujon wrote:I found that a similar situation applies where I live. On my 21st birthday my parents handed to me the title to a block of land in a place called Wentworth Falls. Whilst the title (Torrens Title if you want to follow it up) allows you the privilege of using the land for building or other purposes it does not include anything below the land; nor does it preclude the 'Crown' stealing it from you. Whilst I received a paltry amount in compensation, which was about one third of the going price at the time, when the then current department responsible for the environment decided that they had a better use for it. My wife and I had plans for that block of land as the site for our retirement. I'd been paying council rates for years for no benefit and was somewhat disturbed (read 'pissed off') when this bolt came out of the blue. I had a rather unfriendly discussion with a representative of the department which resulted, and I paraphrase, in an answer somewhat like 'You can take us to court if you like but it'll cost you more than the block is worth on the market'. He was right, of course, but I felt like a downtrodden plebeian at the time. :twisted:
Pity you couldn't get a crusading organization to do it on your behalf. While I can understand the need to expropriate for a good reason, you should get fair market value. Surely your MP (national or state) should stand up for you to get a fair shake from government.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:24 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dujon wrote:I found that a similar situation applies where I live. On my 21st birthday my parents handed to me the title to a block of land in a place called Wentworth Falls. Whilst the title (Torrens Title if you want to follow it up) allows you the privilege of using the land for building or other purposes it does not include anything below the land; nor does it preclude the 'Crown' stealing it from you. Whilst I received a paltry amount in compensation, which was about one third of the going price at the time, when the then current department responsible for the environment decided that they had a better use for it. My wife and I had plans for that block of land as the site for our retirement. I'd been paying council rates for years for no benefit and was somewhat disturbed (read 'pissed off') when this bolt came out of the blue. I had a rather unfriendly discussion with a representative of the department which resulted, and I paraphrase, in an answer somewhat like 'You can take us to court if you like but it'll cost you more than the block is worth on the market'. He was right, of course, but I felt like a downtrodden plebeian at the time. :twisted:
Pity you couldn't get a crusading organization to do it on your behalf. While I can understand the need to expropriate for a good reason, you should get fair market value. Surely your MP (national or state) should stand up for you to get a fair shake from government.

He lives in Australia. It doesn't belong to him OR the Government. It belongs to the indigenous population. It's a bit rich talking about fair market value for stolen land.

(steps back, shields eyes and watches mushroom cloud develop)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

He lives in Australia. It doesn't belong to him OR the Government. It belongs to the indigenous population. It's a bit rich talking about fair market value for stolen land.

(steps back, shields eyes and watches mushroom cloud develop)
Careful, you'll have the descendants of the Brigantes claiming Bolton next.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:16 pm

"White Americans, what?
Nothing better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out,
You're an immigrant too?"
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.abroadintheyard.com/dna-link ... ndaughter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rather apt, considering.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Yes, Gary, it's a vexed question and will probably always be such. Recently the aborigines of this country and their supporters have been describing European settlement as an 'invasion'. I suppose, if you want to get technical about that description, then one would have to add that the locals were defeated. I doubt that there are many countries in the world today that at some time or other in the past have not been invaded and lost. Such is life.

Incidentally, prior to the arrival of European explorers and settlers, there were hundreds upon hundreds of 'tribes' in this country with each tribe claiming defined portions of the land as their own. Nor was there a common language although adjoining tribes might have some commonality. Battles were fought and won - or lost; fair maidens were captured; brave warriors died. Does that sound familiar? I'm not going to get involved in some sort of convoluted ethnological discussion as it would just go around in circles.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Dujon wrote:Yes, Gary, it's a vexed question and will probably always be such. Recently the aborigines of this country and their supporters have been describing European settlement as an 'invasion'. I suppose, if you want to get technical about that description, then one would have to add that the locals were defeated. I doubt that there are many countries in the world today that at some time or other in the past have not been invaded and lost. Such is life.

Incidentally, prior to the arrival of European explorers and settlers, there were hundreds upon hundreds of 'tribes' in this country with each tribe claiming defined portions of the land as their own. Nor was there a common language although adjoining tribes might have some commonality. Battles were fought and won - or lost; fair maidens were captured; brave warriors died. Does that sound familiar? I'm not going to get involved in some sort of convoluted ethnological discussion as it would just go around in circles.

Fair enough. I just found your bemoaning the compensation you got ironic.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Ah, get off it, Gary. If the land had been bought for the price of two fair maidens and a dozen kangaroo haunches I'd expect a just and reasonable compensation should the tribal council rescind my 'ownership' to build a humpy on the land. At the very least I would expect four fair maidens and three whole kangaroos - I'd skin them myself - as a fair trade. Inflation is a dog isn't it? :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Dujon wrote:Ah, get off it, Gary. If the land had been bought for the price of two fair maidens and a dozen kangaroo haunches I'd expect a just and reasonable compensation should the tribal council rescind my 'ownership' to build a humpy on the land. At the very least I would expect four r fair maidens and three whole kangaroos - I'd skin them myself - as a fair trade. Inflation is a dog isn't it? :mrgreen:
What the hell would you do with the 'Roo's? :lol:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Dujon wrote:Ah, get off it, Gary. If the land had been bought for the price of two fair maidens and a dozen kangaroo haunches I'd expect a just and reasonable compensation should the tribal council rescind my 'ownership' to build a humpy on the land. At the very least I would expect four r fair maidens and three whole kangaroos - I'd skin them myself - as a fair trade. Inflation is a dog isn't it? :mrgreen:
That might depend on what a humpy is.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
That might depend on what a humpy is.
Careful Monty that almost came across as funny :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 am

Guardian censors!!

How the hell can you censor someone for using information from one of its own articles? Not once but three feckin' times, it must have been a bloody foreigner given the subject was immigration.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Hoboh wrote:Guardian censors!!

How the hell can you censor someone for using information from one of its own articles? Not once but three feckin' times, it must have been a bloody foreigner given the subject was immigration.
Is that it?
The world's leading shit religion's leading fecking dickhead's supporters publish a pamphlet outlining how Allah approves of the rape of fourteen year old sex slaves, and the world's flora and fauna is being decimated on an ever increasingly unprecedented scale, and you're pissed off abaht the fecking Gruniad!
I sometimes need life affirming idiocies such as yours just to make it through to the next day.
Thank you for your gift of December 15th.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください