Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 pm
There’s not a cat in hells chance i’ll be paying. Phoned the hotel last night and was told to email the front of house manager, which i’ll do tomorrow and ask them to request those tw@ts at Parking Eye waive the charge. I’ll also ask that they amend their website. This must have happened loads of times and people will have paid up out of fear. How the feck is this sort of thing not illegal?
Was it the same hotel that gave you a room about a mile and a half away from reception? You must have really upset em!!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:24 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
There’s not a cat in hells chance i’ll be paying. Phoned the hotel last night and was told to email the front of house manager, which i’ll do tomorrow and ask them to request those tw@ts at Parking Eye waive the charge. I’ll also ask that they amend their website. This must have happened loads of times and people will have paid up out of fear. How the feck is this sort of thing not illegal?
Was it the same hotel that gave you a room about a mile and a half away from reception? You must have really upset em!!
Now that you mention, yes it was. The room number wasn’t even on the feckin board either, so it took me ages to find it! 🙄

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Now that you mention, yes it was. The room number wasn’t even on the feckin board either, so it took me ages to find it! 🙄
Did you check in quite early? I tend to find that there's a correlation between the time I check in and how far away from reception my room is.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:55 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Did you check in quite early? I tend to find that there's a correlation between the time I check in and how far away from reception my room is.
Just before 6pm. The room number after mine was located in a corridor just behind reception. My room was past the bar, down a long corridor and then right at the end of another long corridor coming off the first. To make it worse, the key card wasn’t coded, meaning I had to traipse back to reception, queue up to get it coded and walk all the way back to my room! All that after we’d been stuffed 5-0 at Gillingham. It really wasn’t my day!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Just before 6pm. The room number after mine was located in a corridor just behind reception. My room was past the bar, down a long corridor and then right at the end of another long corridor coming off the first. To make it worse, the key card wasn’t coded, meaning I had to traipse back to reception, queue up to get it coded and walk all the way back to my room! All that after we’d been stuffed 5-0 at Gillingham. It really wasn’t my day!
Must've been a judgement call then :D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Most likely. 😢

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:34 am

Not angry but in the absence of a 'Today I'm mildly irked' thread...

The honours system. As mentioned in the cricket thread, we've just made a convicted domestic abuser a knight of the realm. The others listed (dames, cbe''s etc) were all various sycophants, filing clerks and pals of the last PM.

How long before we get rid of such an elitist outdated awards system?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:42 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:34 am

The honours system. As mentioned in the cricket thread, we've just made a convicted domestic abuser a knight of the realm. The others listed (dames, cbe''s etc) were all various sycophants, filing clerks and pals of the last PM.

Chuck out the dis honours list, disband the second un-elected house, and chuck that complete utter disrespectful odious little toad Bercow in the tower, job done.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Correct. I’m hardly likely to be offered one but I’d tell them where to stick it if they did.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49639222

Boycott couldn't give a toss apparently. Lovely man.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:21 pm

I think/was under the impression, that the original idea of kings and queens were to rule and keep order (and collect a lot of money and things from taxes to pay for their palaces, horses and carts etc. They didn't need jewelry and stuff, they just nicked that off the vanquished, they wouldn't need it anyway) Course even royalty needs a few mates etc to share the spoils, but nothing was said as far as I'm aware about all the Sirs and Siresses going beyond battles, killing the enemies and getting a castle, an ermine scarf and title for it and retiring to chase foxes and shoot woodcock and partridge for dinner.

I'll have a word with Sir Cedric (my window cleaner) and Sirs' Arthur and Stan (my local bin men) or maybe Lady Sue at the corner shop will know. I suppose I could always pop in the town hall and book an appointment with Baron Mystry (relax, I know him well) and have the matter raised at the next council clan gathering, but they'd probably suggest shutting a library or taking a bus off or something to fund the meeting. Being British, propriety and decorum must ever rule and our banner and slogan ever be "Ad quid alii" -Do unto others---- before they do unto you" below a Van Helsing vampire bat rampant over two wooden stakes.. Come to think of it, " bats" might be a bit topical in this thread.... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:42 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Chuck out the dis honours list, disband the second un-elected house, and chuck that complete utter disrespectful odious little toad Bercow in the tower, job done.
You omitted the royal family :whack:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Naww I'd keep the very top tier as far down as WIlliam's family. I'd draw the line before Harry and that Meagain though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Scammers still at it. Two phone calls today with mystery voice stating.." You have two missed calls from your internet supplier..please...." clunk....
It really is frustrating that these obvious criminals ( lying bxxxxrds ) can so easily get away with trapping the unwary into being defrauded of money by deceit (make that blatant theft by whichever way you spell it). They don't even know if you have internet or who you supplier is until they wrangle that info off unsuspecting older folk. We're wise to it; a lot of pensioners etc, may not be and get conned. If you know any, make them aware. Put the phone down. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Most likely. 😢
Haha. Last night the hotel gave me room 601 in a six storey hotel. Couldn't have been further away from, well, absolutely everything 😐

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Naww I'd keep the very top tier as far down as WIlliam's family. I'd draw the line before Harry and that Meagain though.
Don't see how as a society we seek equality for all and have royalty and nobility.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Most likely. 😢
Haha. Last night the hotel gave me room 601 in a six storey hotel. Couldn't have been further away from, well, absolutely everything 😐
I once stayed at a hotel in the Maldives where you had to call for a boat in order to leave your villa! Fecking ballache that was :evil:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Most likely. 😢
I called ahead and told them that you're a cxxx! 8)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:31 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Don't see how as a society we seek equality for all and have royalty and nobility.
pomp and ceremony, better than a momentum parade to celebrate animal equality aka the farm.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... pfi-scheme

The good old Tony days eh? :twisted:

The truth is slowly coming out about what the brilliant Labour party did for all of us in those "good old boom times", lord help us if Corbyn ever gets in.