Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Enoch » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 pm

I still think "Careless Wrister" is the best front page banner headline of all time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Things happen, it's the way of the world. Sometimes life's harder than others.

Had a bit of a tough last three years as wife had first a knee replacement, then the other one went, another op, and then her hip caved in; a third op.She's basically been on crutches ever since. She came out of hospital last Friday, can only move on a zimmer frame and the third op left her with a dropped foot due to a nerve being cut or damaged, we don't know yet. Today the district nurse did a test that showed my wife may have a blood clot in her leg.Tomorrow, back to hospital for a scan. Fingers crossed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Had a bit of a tough last three years as wife had first a knee replacement, then the other one went, another op, and then her hip caved in; a third op.She's basically been on crutches ever since. She came out of hospital last Friday, can only move on a zimmer frame and the third op left her with a dropped foot due to a nerve being cut or damaged, we don't know yet. Today the district nurse did a test that showed my wife may have a blood clot in her leg.Tomorrow, back to hospital for a scan. Fingers crossed.
Sorry to hear that Tango, she will be in my prayers tomorrow. Sounds a tough time for you both. X

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Sorry to hear that Tango, she will be in my prayers tomorrow. Sounds a tough time for you both. X
Thank you G.G. much appreciated. We can but hope.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Thinking of you both Tango. Hopefully it’s not as serious as initially feared and Mrs TD will be back on her feet ASAP. Keep your chin up, mate.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 pm

^^

Thanks B.P. Will do... :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:07 pm

About a month ago my facebook feed had several references to the poor victimised trucker from Northern Ireland. Folk asking me to share some post that explained the difficulties truckers crossing the continent faced and demanding the release of this young innocent chap.

I see that said chap has pleaded guilty to trafficking folk into the UK and making money from previous trips.

I hope they throw the feckin key away
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:50 pm

Tango, how’s Mrs Tango doing now?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Best wishes to you both and keep us informed, Tango.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you for the comments and good wishes. Mrs T has a small blood clot in her leg which can be treated without surgery apparently, (after four and a half hours of a wait at the hospital for diagnosis. This isn't a complaint, the staff are really under pressure from numbers of patients) ) so here's hoping on the rest. My turn lately as I've had awful neck pains treated with gell and painkillers and a really bad flare up of arthritis in my hands. Never had this before and it's a real eye-opener. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week with the neck pains (muscular and using a computer a lot doesn't help apparently) . That apart, all's not so bad apart from being a twenty four/seven version of an unpaid Jeeves cum carer. Life ain't always easy. :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Hope you both feel better soon Tango.

Today I am mildly irritated by being inundated with Facebook friend requests from mostly African arsenal fans after commenting on the Arsenal Facebook post regarding Emerys sacking. I just don't get why people Facebook friend people they've never met/have any connection with. It's bizarre. Also had one from the new school lollipop lady who I don't really know and am slightly bemused as to how she knows my name... Not to mention the other older one who tracked my number down and phoned me up about something the other day. I feel stalked by African gooners and lollipop ladies.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:21 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:46 pm
Hope you both feel better soon Tango.

Today I am mildly irritated by being inundated with Facebook friend requests from mostly African arsenal fans after commenting on the Arsenal Facebook post regarding Emerys sacking. I just don't get why people Facebook friend people they've never met/have any connection with. It's bizarre. Also had one from the new school lollipop lady who I don't really know and am slightly bemused as to how she knows my name... Not to mention the other older one who tracked my number down and phoned me up about something the other day. I feel stalked by African gooners and lollipop ladies.
Ahhh the joys of Damien Thorn's Facebook, home of reality dodgers.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks to our great British legal system complete with leeching lawyers two people have died at London bridge,I'll bet there is not one ounce of shame from any of them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 am
Thanks to our great British legal system complete with leeching lawyers two people have died at London bridge,I'll bet there is not one ounce of shame from any of them.
It's pretty damning isn't it?

Indeterminate sentence with a minimum of 11 years in 2011. Changed on appeal in 2012 to a 16 year sentence. WTF was he doing out in 2019?

I'm all for reduced sentences for good behaviour but that's a piss take
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:37 pm

Not for the first time you've written "lawyers" when you mean "politicians".

It's a massive shame that almost no-one in this country understands how our constitution works or how the legal system works.

Successive govts of both (or all three) stripes have taken advantage of being able to sound tough on crime by having long-sounding sentences (boo at crime) whilst letting everyone out at halfway (yay cheap). It isn't the fault of lawyers of judges. Sentencing is basically following a flow chart to come out with a particular answer. Judges and lawyers don't decide what that answer is.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:21 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 am
It's pretty damning isn't it?

Indeterminate sentence with a minimum of 11 years in 2011. Changed on appeal in 2012 to a 16 year sentence. WTF was he doing out in 2019?

I'm all for reduced sentences for good behaviour but that's a piss take
There's no such thing as reduced sentences for good behaviour. Barring certain exceptions, every single prisoner is automatically entitled to parole at halfway through their sentence. A more honest way would be to describe an 8 year sentence as a 4 year sentence (with 4 years parole), but that doesn't sound as tough.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:28 am

One of the people stabbed to death in Friday's attack at London Bridge has been named as 25-year-old University of Cambridge graduate Jack Merritt.
RIP mate.
Thankfully there are folk in this country far more braver than I am who stopped this being an ever bigger tragedy.
Businesswoman of the year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:37 pm

It's a massive shame that almost no-one in this country understands how our constitution works or how the legal system works.

Successive govts of both (or all three) stripes have taken advantage of being able to sound tough on crime by having long-sounding sentences (boo at crime) whilst letting everyone out at halfway (yay cheap). It isn't the fault of lawyers of judges. Sentencing is basically following a flow chart to come out with a particular answer. Judges and lawyers don't decide what that answer is.
It is not politicians playing the system to earn money from public funds who are defending rights of convicted, note convicted criminals mate and you know it.

As for sentences the US way of life plus 50 years or whatever seems far more appropriate for those who will never change assuming you don't approve of a bullet to the head.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 am

I see friend of the terrorist Corbyn has jumped in to defend softer sentences, tells you all you need to know about the tosser and any future government under him and his cronies.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:37 pm

It is not politicians playing the system to earn money from public funds who are defending rights of convicted, note convicted criminals mate and you know it.

As for sentences the US way of life plus 50 years or whatever seems far more appropriate for those who will never change assuming you don't approve of a bullet to the head.
No. There's almost no legal aid for criminal appeals (i.e defending convicted criminals) for a start, so public funds have nothing to do with it. And people aren't "playing the system". They're defending their clients.

I'd think someone so nervous about any woman ever accusing men of sexual assaults for no reason would appreciate a robust criminal defence system.