Airport Parking

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Airport Parking

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Tango - that post's quite old. I'm now planning their replacement's replacements ;)
Ah, hadn't noticed the date. Sorry. :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Does no-one do the airport run for their mates/family anymore? We used to have something of a fetching-and-carrying co-operative going on for holidays.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Actually the brother in law fetched & carried us this time and we agreed to return the favour - much eaiser than taxis or parking !

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Does no-one do the airport run for their mates/family anymore? We used to have something of a fetching-and-carrying co-operative going on for holidays.
Clearly the sensible solution.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Does no-one do the airport run for their mates/family anymore? We used to have something of a fetching-and-carrying co-operative going on for holidays.
You know, my mates have offered but I've always turned it down - we always seem to end up having to leave the house at something like four in the morn, and I'm not doing that to my friends to save £25 on a taxi.

But usually get picked up at Bolton station on way back, and return favour...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I find this a bit strange.

I imagine people often spend £2000+ for a family holiday yet baulk at the thought of an extra £75 or so for door to airport (and return) service.

Can't help thinking if it was offered in the package they would jump on it.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:only going for one week, so looking at about £30. plus the last time we got a taxi back at that sort of time they wanted £70. plus i hate taxis, seriously they make me heave. you'll rarely catch me in one unless completely clattered!
Have you looked at the airport hotels? Travelodge and Premier Inn were only £33 a night when I booked my hotel there the other day, it may be worth doing that and getting the train home.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 pm

http://www.nolanairportservice.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Used these this year.

£30 one way.....decent service.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

William the White wrote: You know, my mates have offered but I've always turned it down - we always seem to end up having to leave the house at something like four in the morn, and I'm not doing that to my friends to save £25 on a taxi.
Even with family they sometimes have you biting your nails as time passes on and they show up breezily telling you "relax, there's plenty time". I'd sooner just get the cab.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

yeah - used to do that for people down in that there London...

less call for it down here - as we haven't got dual-carriageway roads - never mind an airport!! :wink:

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Used Jetparks on a couple of occasions recently. Not a bad price, but beware to arrive early to find a space. These car parks are normally packed and you'll have to drive aroud for a while to find a space. Oh and beware of using Jetpark 2. The courtesy bus goes to Jetpark 1 first and if its full, it doesn't go to Jetpark 2. I know, 'cos we nearly missed our flight as a result.

Apart from that, they're great!!

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/Sho ... c&ppc=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope is what keeps us going.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
William the White wrote: You know, my mates have offered but I've always turned it down - we always seem to end up having to leave the house at something like four in the morn, and I'm not doing that to my friends to save £25 on a taxi.
Even with family they sometimes have you biting your nails as time passes on and they show up breezily telling you "relax, there's plenty time". I'd sooner just get the cab.
how the other half live eh! :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:27 pm

thebish wrote: less call for it down here - as we haven't got dual-carriageway roads - never mind an airport!! :wink:
Just wait until you're inundated with holidaymakers. You can fly to Barbados from Exeter, you know? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm off to Paris tomorrow and am using the official airport one. Drive up to the entrance to T3, throw them your car keys, then they'll have brought it back to the entrance ready for coming back from holiday. Costing £30 for 5 days, no faffing with those airport shuttle buses that leave about once every 20 minutes. Simples.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote: less call for it down here - as we haven't got dual-carriageway roads - never mind an airport!! :wink:
Just wait until you're inundated with holidaymakers. You can fly to Barbados from Exeter, you know? ;)
but first you have to get to exeter! :wink:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 am

Airport taxi for me

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:23 am

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/go/car- ... fpark.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think you lot have a pretty good deal. Take two-thirds of the AUD to find the equivalent in GBP. The prices shown are for you parking your own car - no other service apart from taking your money. I have no idea as to the standard of security.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 am

jimbo wrote:I'm off to Paris tomorrow and am using the official airport one. Drive up to the entrance to T3, throw them your car keys, then they'll have brought it back to the entrance ready for coming back from holiday. Costing £30 for 5 days, no faffing with those airport shuttle buses that leave about once every 20 minutes. Simples.
How do you know you're not 'renting' your car out to some scrote and return to find an extra 2k on the clock? :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:48 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
jimbo wrote:I'm off to Paris tomorrow and am using the official airport one. Drive up to the entrance to T3, throw them your car keys, then they'll have brought it back to the entrance ready for coming back from holiday. Costing £30 for 5 days, no faffing with those airport shuttle buses that leave about once every 20 minutes. Simples.
How do you know you're not 'renting' your car out to some scrote and return to find an extra 2k on the clock? :wink:
Look at how Cameron handled it.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Thowd dear has just come back from holiday, they used these http://www.lcsmanchester.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and were impressed, so ive booked it too. similiar sort of screw, but valid at any terminal, basically valet parking! £40 for 8 days, cant whack it.