Airport Parking

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Airport Parking

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 am

Any of you fine patrons leave your motors at Manchester Airport when you go away – if so please share your knowledge.

We are going away next week, but we don’t fly till quite late on so I was planning to go to work that day, then our mavis can put the cases in the car, pick me up then drive us to th’airport – we also arrive back at summat stupid am so was thinking it’ll be good to have the car there – rather than d!ck about with taxis??? Suppose we could get a local cab firm pre-booked, but have never left the car at the airport before so just wondered what the dilly is?

thanks.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:51 am

Its easy, they have a bus from the terminals to the car parks. Just go on Manc airport on line parking, book it, leaeve it outside the office,give em the keys go on holiday. Ace. 8)
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 am

Don't park at the airport - it costs a mint.

We use a company called F.S.S. They're based on Styal Road, past the airport entrance, right at the T-junction with the petrol station on it, just along there on the right. You leave your car with them and they run you to your terminal. When coming back, once you've cleared Customs you give them a call and they come and pick you up. They even wash it for you whilst you're away.

Costs about £25 for the week.

Book in online on www.fsscarpark.co.uk
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 am

Have only ever parked short stay when going for weekends etc. Then you just park up, walk into airport, then come back and drive out paying with a credit card on exit.

Longer breaks have always used train or taxi! Usually taxi!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Don't park at the airport - it costs a mint.

We use a company called F.S.S. They're based on Styal Road, past the airport entrance, right at the T-junction with the petrol station on it, just along there on the right. You leave your car with them and they run you to your terminal. When coming back, once you've cleared Customs you give them a call and they come and pick you up. They even wash it for you whilst you're away.

oh aye!!! that sound like just the job - cheers.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:48 am

Aye that's the one I use. Much better than trying to find someone to pick you up at 3 am after a flight, which if it was livestock would land you in prison.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Used Premier Parking I think which have regular buses and store your car on site. Was expensive-ish but I'm not keen on handing my car to a stranger...! Will consider FSS next time been as they now have a recommendation.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Used Premier Parking I think which have regular buses and store your car on site. Was expensive-ish but I'm not keen on handing my car to a stranger...! Will consider FSS next time been as they now have a recommendation.
Dibs - at anyone time they have up to about 12 of our cars, have saved us thousands of pounds and have never let any of us down (and we travel a lot, often at proper silly times). Believe me, if they weren't absolutely up to snuff then I wouldn't recommend them. It's because they give such an excellent service that I have.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:

oh aye!!! that sound like just the job - cheers.
You're welcome, General. Now then, if you can recommend someone that can collect and get shot of my old sofa and chair then I'll be equally as grateful. :wink:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Book in online on http://www.fsscarpark.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Has anyone used these recently? about to book again but have read some horrendous reviews - were tip top back in 09!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Re:

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:

Book in online on http://www.fsscarpark.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Has anyone used these recently? about to book again but have read some horrendous reviews - were tip top back in 09!
We still use them at work but it's currently under review, General. Gone right downhill. They used to have a stream of buses running constantly, but they've reduced it to one every half hour. By the time they'd come to pick me up from T1 a couple of weeks back, then picked everyone else up from T2 and T3, then gone back to T1 as someone else had shown up - I could have walked it.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: Airport Parking

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm

yeah, read as much - will have a look at an alternative, cant be fannying about at 1am on a monday morning with a little' un in tow...

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re:

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Just seems a faff to me if you're going away say for two weeks, 50 quid to park up away from the airport, when a return taxi from Bolton to the airport is £50. But each to their own !

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re:

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: You're welcome, General. Now then, if you can recommend someone that can collect and get shot of my old sofa and chair then I'll be equally as grateful. :wink:
Have you tried the council Bruce? Not done it for a while but you used to ring them up and arrange a day when you just leave them outside and they get picked up. Can't remember how we paid but it used to be about a tenner, I think. You have to state how many items and have to stick to that, not add more. Might be worth a call.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:38 pm

i think it was a tenner when we did it too

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Aye - it's nothing like it was. but, you still struggle to book on so they're doing very well with a service level that, as you say, begs the question - is it worth the faff?

Tango - that post's quite old. I'm now planning their replacement's replacements ;)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 pm

(Further back than Dr Who indeed) :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:(Further back than Dr Who indeed) :wink:
:D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:51 pm

only going for one week, so looking at about £30. plus the last time we got a taxi back at that sort of time they wanted £70. plus i hate taxis, seriously they make me heave. you'll rarely catch me in one unless completely clattered!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Airport taxis are usually an ok standard.
Normal metro taxis are stink pits