Strictly Time.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Strictly Time.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Here's the line up for the twinkle-toes show for next month. Joe Calzaghe says don't laugh:

Strictly Come Dancing will soon be returning to put the sparkle and glitz back into the weekend. But who are the stars that will make the show? Well, there's former boxer Joe Calzaghe for starters.

The women: actress Lynda Bellingham, tennis champion Martina Hingis, athlete Jade Johnson, The Bill's Ali Bastian, EastEnders' Natalie Cassidy, Jo Wood (estranged wife of Ronnie Wood) and Footballers' Wives stars Zoe Lucker and Laila Rouss.

The men: boxer Joe Calzaghe, Crimewatch host Rav Wilding, ex-cricketer Phil Tufnell, Hollyoaks' Ricky Whittle, EastEnders' Ricky Groves, BBC Breakfast's Chris Hollins, jockey Richard Dunwoody and Coronation Street actor Craig Kelly. They're all putting on their dancing shoes and we'll be able to judge their efforts when the show starts next month.

Bring it on. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Seems a pretty poor lineup to me.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Hingis and Calzaghe must have blown the budget for their fees given the rest of the field. Still, I'll be made by Mrs Rat to watch every week. Prefer that over the ITV karaoke competition, anyhoo.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:15 pm

ratbert wrote:Hingis and Calzaghe must have blown the budget for their fees given the rest of the field. Still, I'll be made by Mrs Rat to watch every week. Prefer that over the ITV karaoke competition, anyhoo.
Least Hingis is easy on the eye!

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ratbert wrote:Hingis and Calzaghe must have blown the budget for their fees given the rest of the field. Still, I'll be made by Mrs Rat to watch every week. Prefer that over the ITV karaoke competition, anyhoo.
Least Hingis is easy on the eye!
So is Optrex.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:14 pm

I hope my brother doesn't find out. He's a mad Hingis fan, and he'll be phoning me after every episode. Probably whinging about the 'injustice' of her being booted out early doors.

I did hear Jimmy White and Brian Blessed are going to be in the next I'm A Celebrity though.
Now that might be worth watching. They certainly didn't blow the budget on poor White.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Joe Calzaghe could win saying all those years of being a boxer would of gave him excellant footwork

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Relentless09 wrote:Joe Calzaghe could win saying all those years of being a boxer would of gave him excellant footwork
Well, I hope he shapes up because I don't see any Fred Astairs' amongst the rest of the men. Might be wrong, never seen any of them dance yet, but Hingis could be a main contender.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:Joe Calzaghe could win saying all those years of being a boxer would of gave him excellant footwork
Well, I hope he shapes up because I don't see any Fred Astairs' amongst the rest of the men. Might be wrong, never seen any of them dance yet, but Hingis could be a main contender.
Tuffers will be entertaining at least. And is the sort of bloke who might be good!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:50 pm

there's always the internet Ratty, you don't have to watch it

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Aye, Tuffers will definitely be this years Sargent!

I quite like the line up actually, if you think about it there have never really been any star studded line ups, there always b list celebrities.

Looking forward to seeing Hingis though, always had a soft spot for her and from seeing her on Beat the Star she's very competitive.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm

keveh wrote:Looking forward to seeing Hingis though, always had a soft spot for her and from seeing her on Beat the Star she's very competitive.
Did she have her mate Charlie with her?
May the bridges I burn light your way

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 am

fatshaft wrote:
there's always the internet Ratty, you don't have to watch it
The somewhat attractive women tend to help make it palatable, and unlike the internet, you don't have to pay to look at women...

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm

No TV license Ratty? :wink: They'll send the boys round y'know...

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:No TV license Ratty? :wink: They'll send the boys round y'know...
That puts me in mind of the people who didn't have a licence because they only watched ITV...

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm

I am also really looking forward to this, however I must admit I've had to look up who half of them are as I hadn't heard of them. I'm sooo off the pulse these days.

Tango, what's your view on the whole Arlene situations... IIRCC you're a big fan of Aleisha Dixon? You must be counting down the days to hear her views on the panel each week?
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Gertie wrote:I am also really looking forward to this, however I must admit I've had to look up who half of them are as I hadn't heard of them. I'm sooo off the pulse these days.

Tango, what's your view on the whole Arlene situations... IIRCC you're a big fan of Aleisha Dixon? You must be counting down the days to hear her views on the panel each week?
Not so Gertie. Big fan of her dancing and personality, but she hasn't got the experience to judge. I'm very surprised that Arlene Phillips has been given the boot to be honest. Darcy Bussel is a pro dancer and should be fine, but Aleisha shouldn't be in there.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Surprised Arlene has gone - can't see how the show is going to be improved by having Alesha Dixon on the panel.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:05 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Surprised Arlene has gone - can't see how the show is going to be improved by having Alesha Dixon on the panel.
Hmmm. I think I can.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Since it's Friday eveneing, how's about I throw in a bit of real Tango. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEe2j43X ... PL&index=2