Ask Mar

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:48 pm

No But Yeah Housewife Techniction (looks after the kids)
http://www.bcbfc.co.uk/ Bolton County Bears FC

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:15 pm

Aye, thats often as demanding as a job. With kids and stuff its even more demanding because of the sporatic hours they're expected to look after the kids.

Your pretty much in the same position. You want relief from the under the thumb and you find it at work, which makes getting home pretty grim. She on the other hand, has to look after the kids and the only relief that she gets from it, is when you help and when she takes time off while the kids are at school.

Which gives her more incentive to (ask you/tell you) to help out. Which is the last thing you're wanting.

Generations ago it used to be the wife sorted out everything in the home and the husband sorted out the bills and everything like that. But now, everythings supposed to be shared and equal. She's being told to get you to help out by magazines, tv programs, etc. and on occassion it can get a little excessive.

She needs to know that you're willing to help her out and willing to do some of the housework without her having to ask. She also needs something to take her mind off the housework, like a hobby or something.

Just so that her mind doesn't keep cropping over that same peice of dirt in the kitchen that she might have left there whilst cleaning up the kitchen sink.

Try to get her to have a hobby, like bowling or hanging about with friends, tell her she deserves it for all the hard work she puts in (bonus points for that one), where mummy can spend a bit of money on herself without having the kids around. Something to get her interested and thinking of that a lot more than the housework.

Then when the wife goes away to that hobby of hers. Do the housework while shes away. Get the kids to help out, hell she can't really complain about you getting the kids to help out because they're doing a nice thing for her (less work for you aswell). Leave half an hour to rest and let the kids have a bit of time to themselves (so they won't complain to mummy).

That half an hour will also prepare you for the long-winded talk that shes about to go over everything that she covered while on her hobby.

Now, as little as you care, I must insist that you show interest. It makes it a lot more important to her and it also raises her opinion of you. That way she knows you care about her interests, whereas on the other hand you don't care about the cleaning.

With everything done around the house when she gets back it means she's less likely to think about it as much while she's away and more likely to think about other things like the hobby.

It also lets her know how good you are (even though the kids did a lot of the work) and how little she has to ask you to help around the house because you do already.

Don't get me wrong this won't solve all youre problems but it will help to relax them a little. She will get a bit thumby like she used to, like when she's in a bad mood, but in those instances just tell her to put her feet up and then, you help out a little.

That way when you're really sick of doing the work and helping out you'll be able to say i'm putting my feet up i've had a dreadful day at work or whatever.

And if you're thinking gawd more work, last thing I need. It's not. The kids are helping out while the missus is away and the amount of work maybe roughly the same but you're in control of when you want to do it for the most part and she's less naggy, which makes doing the work that much easier.

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:00 pm

Dear Mar

All the boys on The Wanderer pick on me. I make numerous fantastic observations about BWFC and life in general but all they do is disagree and call me nasty names like fatty, whore and trout.

Any advice how I can win them over? :conf:

Many thanks,
Natasha

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:05 pm

Mrs R dont worry about that they are only jealous.
I still love u!

Plantonically!!

O and Thank you Mar cos you are a Star i will deffinatly try that.

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:06 pm

Natasha wrote:Dear Mar

All the boys on The Wanderer pick on me. I make numerous fantastic observations about BWFC and life in general but all they do is disagree and call me nasty names like fatty, whore and trout.

Many thanks,
Natasha
I am No Mar , but give as good as you get :conf:
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:07 pm

Natasha wrote:Dear Mar

Many thanks,
Natasha
as this is a "gentlemens club", naked pictures may stop some people.

then again, it could raise the amount of stalkers you have :shock:

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:20 pm

keveh wrote:as this is a "gentlemens club", naked pictures may stop some people.

then again, it could raise the amount of stalkers you have :shock:
I once made this mistake on Bolton Banter. I directed people to my personal website and within hours my photos were everywhere, even appearing on a Blackburn Rovers website. :shock:

Then one bloke declared his love for me and said he’d leave his wife! That’s when I wised up a little and realised the internet could be a dangerous place!! :box:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:21 pm

Natasha,

Don't worry too much. Those 'fantastic' observations are usually misunderstood.

Like a West Ham fan proclaiming his team to be champions league contenders, the words stick in your mind and many don't like to believe them. True or not they're a different way of seeing things and its against the norm.

If you really wanted to win them over, you'd follow the norm and do it that way, but you don't really strike me as a person capable of doing that.

Put it this way, keep doing what you're doing and like another set of members on this board you're making the reading more interesting, if a little misguided at times.

As far as winning people over, well you've just had 4 replies on a question to me. I wouldn't call it hanging on your whim but I would say its getting there.

Your the boards ugly duckling. Misunderstood but beautiful (or so i'm led to believe).

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:47 pm

Mar are you a real Shrink?
because you give some great advice

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:28 am

Thank-you for your advice Mar.

You are, of course, right. I should not conform wit the rest of the forum - I should keep doing my own thing.

I will continue in my quest to improve the game, I will not be stopped.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:48 am

Natasha wrote:You are, of course, right. I should not conform wit the rest of the forum - I should keep doing my own thing.

I will continue in my quest to improve the game, I will not be stopped.
you forgot the evil laugh at the end of it

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:15 am

Kylofski wrote:Mar are you a real Shrink?
Does the pope poo in the woods?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Mar,

Where does the phrase paying through the nose originate?
Smarties have answers.....

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:01 pm

Mar wrote:

That one doesn't any more - obviously.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:37 pm

Bench,

Paying through the nose is said to originate from popular folklore, which says that phrase dates back to 9th century Ireland. Viking raiders would demand tribute from the local Irish and slit open the noses of anyone who refused to pay. I do not know whether not Vikings were among the first to practice rhinoplasty, but it is most definitely not the origin of the phrase, which doesn't make its appearance until 1672. Eight hundred years of an underground existence is just too long to be plausible.

There is another 17th century slang term for money, rhino. In Greek, of course, rhino means nose. It seems logical that these two are connected, but what significance a nose has with money is simply not known.

I reckon though, that these populare folklore believers didn't know what they were on about. I think, that paying through the nose originates from headaches derived by massive debts and struggling financial burdens leading to headaches, which irrevocably caused nosebleeds. The influence of Greeks in the 17th century was few and far between so I wouldn't recommend reading too much into the Rhino bit.

As for the Viking and Rhino bit ya can thank Zulu for that one. Nice bit of reading after getting back from a two day hiatus and just the thing you were looking for Bench.

Zulu,
if you can find a recent picture of our now German pope looking like he's squeezing one out be my guest, thats the closest I could find.

Some random pic for ya.
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/TBZ/TBZ162/nso1x006.jpg

If this is what paying through the nose looks like.. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
http://philz.dyn.dhs.org/z0g-money-in-nose.jpg

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:13 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:
Mar wrote:

That one doesn't any more - obviously.
Zulu I bet this one does

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:20 pm

Mar wrote:Zulu,
if you can find a recent picture of our now German pope looking like he's squeezing one out be my guest, thats the closest I could find.
It's OK Mar, if you've seen one Pontiff take a dump, you've seen 'em all!

:shock:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:15 pm

wovlad wrote:No I'm not talking about Will E Coyote chasing a bird around. I'm talking
about the old Dave Higson commentries on Wanderers games.

Does anyone know if you can still get hold of them. I've done the usual
web searches and found now't

Cheery Bye

Wovlad

Wovlad,

Roadrunner videos are still being sold by Roadrunner with the Dave Higson commentary on the games. Which can still be purchased by ringing 01204 576826.

I'm not too sure on prices and stuff as i've never rang them but thats the telephone number you need to be looking at if you're wanting the videos.

As for the location of this knowledge, its on the Dave Higson tribute on the newest Bolton DVD (04-05).

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:08 pm

Mar,

What does Taliesin mean in Celtic mythology? :wink:
Smarties have answers.....

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:11 pm

Bench wrote:Mar,

What does Taliesin mean in Celtic mythology? :wink:
Sorry Mar but found this for M'Lord Bench

TALIESIN: Clever Wizardy God.

Do you remember the witchy Goddess CERIDWEN and her cauldron of knowledge, and her servant lad GWION-BACH? Well this is him after he got thrown into the sea. He was clever enough to get himself caught in a fish trap and thereby rescued.

Delighted with his cleverness, he decided to re-name himself TALIESIN or 'Shining Brow'. He went on to become Wizard, Bard and Prophet - now there's clever.