Ask Mar

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Plodder, no apologies necessary.

I am in full agreement with you on this one.

Take the Harry Potter thread for example (soon to be removed I hope), pure show of disrespect to other members. As if that wasn't bad enough we've had a number of fecktards ploughing pure tripe through the messageboards.

But don't for one second think that its just this board. Wherever you go online nowadays its got its fair share of people who think its funny to spoil it for the rest of the members.

Now I don't like putting up with it as much as you do, but it just seems that this board would be far better off without some of the tripe posters who couldn't tell a reasonable argument from a peice of stale bread.

Unless something very strict is imposed on the board with regards to a warning system for members we'll be having to put up with threads such as that.

I'm under the impression that the forum has got to the state where its gotten large enough to have a wide variety of posters (be it 4u members, 606 members and those along the way) and as a result of that we're attracting the prize winning pillocks that think the nobel prize is a peice of cheesecake.

Now the only thing I can suggest to you is have a little bit of patience with the site as its generally a nice place to get information and banter. I know that may mean dredging through some particular posts but in the end I think its worth it.

After all, if members like you go, who are generally concerned about the welfare of the board, then it'll be a sad day for the board as the only thing we'll be left with is the cheesecake winners.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:56 pm

Mar wrote: we'll be left with is the cheesecake winners.
No chance!!

Thanks. Mar

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:14 pm

I think in general TheWanderer is the grown up's 606. As lost as that forum is still going we should be fine.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:25 pm

anywhere that provides sanctuary for bolton fans is fine by me.

other forums provide cheap thrills, im sure we have all, at some point, visited other ites and forums dipping our toes in the water even just to cause a bit of havoc but in terms of intelligent conversation and topical debate...as the saying goes, 'What Lancashire thinks today, the world thinks tomorrow'...BWFC is best

i think.

bazza
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bazza » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:01 pm

Mar wrote: After all, if members like you go, who are generally concerned about the welfare of the board, then it'll be a sad day for the board as the only thing we'll be left with is the cheesecake winners.

The problem is, where would we go to?

There will always be some idiots and wind-up merchants - best just to avoid them but it's hard if they stray on to sensible threads.

As an example, there has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with West Ham fans this weekend. It has run at 2 levels (on both sides). Some very thoughtful and interesting stuff. And some ya-boo sucks to you dross.

How do you get one without the other?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:39 pm

Ive just figured out what this thred reminds me of. Have seen the episode of the Simpsons were Krusky's father fordids him from being a clown? Mar has this guy down to a tee!!

(Dont worry Mar, if you havent seen the episode, in no way is it insulting)
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:06 pm

Great, i'm starting to remind people of a 60 year old Rabbi. lol :oops:

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:22 pm

Mar - just who is Tom Haynes?
Smarties have answers.....

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Bench wrote:Mar - just who is Tom Haynes?
Who cares??

Sorry Mar.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:05 pm

Bench,

Tom Haynes is none other than one of the original 'tasteful dj's'. Oh yes. For this exclusive offer you get a gauranteed disc jockey for prime entertainment as recommended by the Don himself.

Here's what Don has to say on the matter:

'On the day of the wedding the disc jockey becomes your personal "Wedding Coordinator". Having the task of being the MC or "Master of Ceremony" by definition, requires us to make sure the event is going smoothly and constantly being enhanced by the elegance and style of the delivery.'

Yep. Looks like (THE) Don knows what he's talking about. After all he is a 'wedding professional'.

Seems like Don's the one pulling the strings. Yep. Unfortunately a Mr. Tom Haynes is but a music loving understudy to the don. (Move over Sopranos! Its the tasteful dj's). Poor little understudy Tom is pushed to the back of the pecking order and hidden away to the right of the image. Thats servitude for ya!

Not to worry, Tom is just glad he is one of the tasteful few! Unlike a certain Gerry Pavano here who didn't make the cut and had to start his solo career on Piano and Keyboards. http://tastefuldj.com/musicframe28.html

Here, let Gerry treat you to a bit of Piano musak: http://tastefuldj.com/jer.mid

Sadly Tom wasn't available for comment at the current time but Don had this to say on his behalf: http://www.tastefuldj.com/greet.html

Hope that helps Bench. I would definitely recommend them, check out this set of recommendations. If this doesn't convince you I don't know what will: http://www.tastefuldj.com/musicframe13.html

Hang on a second. I do know what will. The slightly lesser known Tom Haynes! Yep, this dude is a college professor of secondary education over in Illinois. This guy will definitely know whether you will benefit from the help of the tasteful fellas over at Tasteful Productions.

http://www.coe.ilstu.edu/tshayne/

And I bet you're thinking he won't want to hear from you. Well your wrong, not only does the guy have an email address on his website. He's also posted it three times. YEP. THREE TIMES. Thats dedication for you. You know in the picture he's trying his utmost hardest not to crack a smile. Go on. Let him quote you happy!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:01 am

Mar:

Can I really ask you any question? Any question at all and you'll answer it?
Businesswoman of the year.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:08 pm

Careful Mar. I sense a trap!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:08 pm

CrazyHorse,

Yup, you can ask any question you want.

And if you REALLY want. You can go and look up some other questions that'll leave you thinking for a bit. I suggest checking this out and reading some of them.

http://www.edge.org/q2005/q05_print.html

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:09 pm

Bugger! Too late.
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:45 pm

Ok Mar, here goes. It is a bit heavy though.

I'm no scientist, in fact I'm no fan of scientists per-say, mainly because of their arrogance in believing that the conclusions they have drawn from the experiments they have performed are correct. They are correct and everyone else is wrong. Full stop.

Let me give you an example:
Scientists make the statement that the world is flat. This is based on the experiment that when they look out on the horizon it looks flat for as far as they can see, so it must be flat. The said ‘experts’ mock and patronise anyone who dares stand up and question them. People must be stupid to say that in fact the world is spherical mustn’t they?

OK, they were wrong, but that was their belief at the time. Imagine if someone stood up today and pronounced that the world is flat! The scientists would mock and patronise them but hey, they know best.

Are you with me so far?

What is my point (and will I ever get to the question)? My point is, given that they got it so wrong regarding the shape of our planet, how can we possibly trust anything they say now…
What if smoking actually DECREASES your chance of lung cancer?
What if eating apples is actually the cause of the global warming?
Who the hell was Einstein anyway?

So my question to you is this:

Should we trust the scientists when they clearly don’t have a clue what they are talking about?
Businesswoman of the year.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:12 pm

SNAP! (Trap sprung!)

:D
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:31 pm

CrazyHorse,

I understand where you're coming from but there is something you've got to take into consideration.

Take scientists. Scientist methodology takes the information they have at present and uses it to the best of their ability to provide a reasonable outcome. This method may not always prove FACT, but it does reflect the best use of knowledge.

Take hayfever. There are many sufferers of hayfever yet they end up only being affected in certain months and under certain circumstances. Take allergic reactions to animals, they get affected around animals. While it can't be proven that animals or plants are the cause of their suffering (might be a mental trigger) it does however suggest a correlation between the two that can't easily be dismissed.

If the world is flat, the world is flat. If the world is round, the world is round. Its not going to make a blind bit of difference to your life either way other than if you go around proclaiming that the world is flat. Except you'll get called a kook. If you can prove otherwise, then maybe you're onto something.

Whether or not you have the right answer to one of lifes greatest questions is irrelevant. Its what you do with it thats important.

I could go around preaching about how 9/11 in America was actually beneficial to America's economy in the long run and how these attempts on London underground will actually help us to create a secure underground rail network to protect against terrorism, and that maybe just maybe the countries involved would be using these actions to further their political aspirations, and at a stretch were the cause of it. But what good would it do me?

You see, information has its uses and its all about what you do with it rather than what its telling you.

You should take scientist information into consideration, but you shouldn't believe it as if it were gospel. How do you know that you've got a clue about what you're talking about? How do you know that just by sitting there you can't just transport yourself into western asia? How do you know that you can't fly?

You don't know. All you do know is that you don't know how to teleport, you don't know how to fly and that you don't fully know what you're talking about when you are talking about things. But you're doing the best with what you have and so are scientists and some credit should be given for that.

Last edited by Mar on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:16 pm

The trap's not been made that will catch you, has it Mar?
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:30 pm

Zulu,

There is a trap that can catch me. Fortunately though, this trap can only be executed by the Berlin Police on one motorcycle whilst leaning over the side of a boat.

Something along the lines of this (Which sadly has befallen my piratey friend, Argh!):

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:35 pm

LOL!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!